• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2013 (Mar 18 - Mar 24)

Skyzard

Banned
Ah thanks okay, 500 000 did seem quite high, any idea where that number came from?

Nice to have confirmation that ports still help Vita btw.

Not yet considering the next few months look pretty bad for the Vita in terms of release, and last week was a holiday.

Regardless, it is pretty obvious that when software actually releases the Vita is well and alive. The market is there and willing to buy.
Now it really just depends on whether Sony actually cares and actually tries to position the Vita as a viable platform for 3rd parties.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
500k is from the usual credible source. The way I read it looks like initial shipment. After today's results I guess he meant LTD in the end.

結構な量出荷されたみたいで消化もかなり良好、いずれハーフミリオンは確定と言ってよいのでは。

Skyzard

Banned
500k is from the usual credible source. The way I read it looks like initial shipment. After today's results I guess he meant LTD in the end.

結構な量出荷されたみたいで消化もかなり良好、いずれハーフミリオンは確定と言ってよいのでは。

Thanks for the clarification...I'll take your word for it though haha

Seems like a good prediction for minimum sales.

AniHawk

as you can see, lm2 sold way better than pso2, which is really interesting and i'm not just using two completely different games to label the vita a failure.

zroid

Banned
Considering the Vita release of One Piece seemingly managed to push some decent hardware, is it possible the same might occur with God Eater? Or is this simply a case of console vs. handheld, which will not be a factor for GE?

Opiate

Regardless, it is pretty obvious that when software actually releases the Vita is well and alive. The market is there and willing to buy.
Now it really just depends on whether Sony actually cares and actually tries to position the Vita as a viable platform for 3rd parties.

Agreed. Like many other systems before it, the Vita would be fine if lots of games were released for it. They just... have to actually be released.

It's interesting to see Nintendo fans fighting this, because this exact logic was ascribed to the Wii. It sold decently in Japan... but would have sold considerably more if major publishers in Japan would have put their big games on the system, as Nintendo fans frequently -- and correctly -- pointed out.

The same principles should apply to the Vita, too; if the games are there, the system will sell.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Considering the Vita release of One Piece seemingly managed to push some decent hardware, is it possible the same might occur with God Eater? Or is this simply a case of console vs. handheld, which will not be a factor for GE?

I think that if Sony is able to market the advantages of GE for the Vita over PSP, it could sell a decent bit. The PSP crowd is going to eat it up regardless but its the Vita crowd that Sony wants.

Agreed. Like many other systems before it, the Vita would be fine if lots of games were released for it. They just... have to actually be released.

It's interesting to see Nintendo fans fighting this, because this exact logic was ascribed to the Wii. It sold decently in Japan... but would have sold considerably more if major publishers in Japan would have put their big games on the system, as Nintendo fans frequently -- and correctly -- pointed out.

The same principles should apply to the Vita, too; if the games are there, the system will sell.

I don't agree completely. Even Xbox 360 and GameCube had their weekly boost when games were released. This week had four games, for a total of almost 100k units of software sold; being a console with a low userbase, it is more affected by the release of software. It's not even selling like 60k units per week.

Anyway, actually Wii sold incredibly well in the first years (beating PS2 also). It just faded quickly in 2009 onwards.

As I said before, Sony would be smart to have a GE2 Vita bundle as well as some exclusive Vita bosses/levels/whatever the hell.

Laguna

Banned

This is really a strange generalization. Who exactly denied that if a system gets support a system will do fine? Most members and sales-agers seem to agree that software sells hardware. It really is kind of funny to call out a certain fanbase, especially when the majority in fact actually supports this argument (software sells hardware).

AniHawk

PSO2 had 350k downloads in 10 days.

yeah but it only sold 70k. if lm2 was free it probably would have had 2m downloads because that's how big a failure the vita is.

edit: not that i'm saying the vita is a failure. just pointing out how interesting it is how two games with multiplayer compare.

Spiegel

yeah but it only sold 70k. if lm2 was free it probably would have had 2m downloads because that's how big a failure the vita is.

edit: not that i'm saying the vita is a failure. just pointing out how interesting it is that two games with multiplayer compare.

Yes, I can certainly see your point.

But what about Calciobit? Soccer is the biggest sport in the world and it has to be played by multiple people and this game barely sold 40k units.

That points the 3DS as the bigger failure imo.

Laguna

Banned
Since we are in a good mood. It´s quite hilarious that a game staring a side-character with a vacuum-cleaner sold about 3 times more than PSVs hope and "turnaround" title Soul Sacrifice in its first week.

DaBoss

I wonder who is going to take the bait. The ignore list is a great idea, has been useful except people are quoting the posts. :p

Since we are in a good mood. It´s quite hilarious that a game staring a side-character with a vacuum-cleaner sold about 3 times more than PSVs hope and "turnaround" title Soul Sacrifice in its first week.

tumblr_lw9nfgfg4z1qjokxe.gif

Laguna

Banned
You should leave

Please. What´s your problem. This are Famitsus first week numbers.

300k to 105k

01./00. [3DS] Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.03.20} (¥4.800) - 301.080 / NEW

02./00. [PSV] Soul Sacrifice # <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2013.03.07} (¥5.980) - 105.863 / NEW

Funny how you didn´t have a problem with the other troll posts (about CalcioBit from Spiegel and PS01 from Anihawk)

Celestial

Banned

Tell me,are you actually enjoying this?

DaBoss

LM2 has the same or likely less selling power than the One Piece port.

Seems like Vita overtaking 3DS weekly sales eventually isn't out of the question, even in Japan.

I don't understand what any of this has to do with my post. :p

Funny how you didn´t have a problem with the other troll posts (about CalcioBit Spiegel and PS01 from Anihawk)

Because we all know you are being quite serious.

Nibel

Please. What´s your problem. This are Famitsu´s first week numbers.

300k to 105k

01./00. [3DS] Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.03.20} (¥4.800) - 301.080 / NEW

02./00. [PSV] Soul Sacrifice # <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2013.03.07} (¥5.980) - 105.863 / NEW

Come on,
this has nothing to do with numbers - yes, LM2 did sell more than SS, but it's clear that you have an annoying agenda

Skyzard

Banned
Please. What´s your problem. This are Famitsu´s first week numbers.

300k to 105k

What's the ratio on the userbases?

That Vita attach rate.

Laguna

Banned
Come on,
this has nothing to do with numbers - yes, LM2 did sell more than SS, but it's clear that you have an annoying agenda

Come on, this was just a response and a joke to the posts from Anihawk and Spiegel. You didn´t seem to have a problem with their posts.

BlackJace

Please. What´s your problem. This are Famitsus first week numbers.

300k to 105k

Funny how you didn´t have a problem with the other troll posts (about CalcioBit from Spiegel and PS01 from Anihawk)

Idiocy begets idiocy. You're being just as childish as the posts you're trying so desperately to shame.

Thoraxes

Is there an ignore option here?I am tired of that bitch ruining the threads....

Yes there is.

Click their user profile.

There's some text that says "Add user to ignore list"

It's my fav feature for ignoring constant thread-shitters who show up in every thread.

hongcha

Seems like Vita overtaking 3DS weekly sales eventually isn't out of the question, even in Japan.

I don't think that will happen, but it's interesting that since the price cut Vita has consistently outsold the 3DS LL. Both are about the same price and have similar screen sizes, so we can view the LL as the Vita's primary competition.

At least I´m not begging the mods to ban anyone only because I have a problem with a different opinion.

There's a difference between having a different opinion and still post with class such as Father_Brain and schuelma and straight up trolling which is what 99% of your posts are.

Is there an ignore option here?I am tired of that bitch ruining the threads....

You can ignore, but you can still see that he posted and you can still see what he posted once people quote him. The ignore feature on neogaf is not that useful IMO.

BriBri

I don't think that will happen, but it's interesting that since the price cut Vita has consistently outsold the 3DS LL. Both are about the same price and have similar screen sizes, so we can view the LL as the Vita's primary competition.
The new pink and blue original colours probably took away a few thousand LL sales (as well as the Vita taking away a few too).

Top Bottom