• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2013 (Mar 18 - Mar 24)

MarkusRJR

Is there an ignore option here?I am tired of that bitch ruining the threads....
Really? You're calling someone a bitch because they have a different opinion? You don't have to agree with everyone or not call out dumb things that are said but you don't have to go name calling.

BriBri

Soon as the revision + price drop + main game trio comes along I bet. Seems like 3DS might have peaked.
Wha?! There's a Smash Bros. 4, a Zelda or two and maybe a Metroid, as well as an inevitable redesign of the original model. As well as Tomodachi, Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Mario & Luigi RPG, Donkey Kong, Atlus games, Animal Crossing clones etc etc.

muu

500k is from the usual credible source. The way I read it looks like initial shipment. After today's results I guess he meant LTD in the end.

結構な量出荷されたみたいで消化もかなり良好、いずれハーフミリオンは確定と言ってよいのでは。

"Looks like a big shipment with good sell-through. Lifetime sales of half million is pretty much guaranteed."

On another note, One Piece Vita sold less than One Piece 3DS on a slightly bigger user base.

One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP: 76,578
3DS: 1,033,333
One piece uses one engine, one time investment for both ps3 and vita. They cant be seen as two loose games. 2 games for 1 budget...

Jamix012

If you call this post http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=51731178&postcount=571 an opinion then i am 200% sure you dont know what the term opinion means.

It's an opinion. I am concerned YOU don't know what an opinion is at this point. Sure you may disagree with it and the way it's worded could spark a reaction but that doesn't stop it being an opinion. Don't tell me you've never stated an opinion such as "Barbie horse adventure is the best game ever" without putting "IMO" at the end. Just because Laguna neglects to do that doesn't mean it's not an opinion.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Is there an ignore option here?I am tired of that bitch ruining the threads....

Just a friendly suggestion- probably not wise to call posters bitches, especially when you are a junior. Just a tip!

Skyzard

Banned
I don't think that will happen, but it's interesting that since the price cut Vita has consistently outsold the 3DS LL. Both are about the same price and have similar screen sizes, so we can view the LL as the Vita's primary competition.

I expect some 3rd parties might consider it that way too.

When has a Nintendo handheld ever peaked prior to Pokemon?

Not sure to be honest but it seems this time could be a likely answer unless Nintendo finally make it 3d. They already had the Pikachu 3DS too right?

Peaked how? Pokemon and Monster Hunter are still to be released. 3DS might well be reach 20 million units in Japan alone.

Wha?! There's a Smash Bros. 4, a Zelda or two and maybe a Metroid, as well as an inevitable redesign of the original model. As well as Tomodachi, Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Mario & Luigi RPG, Donkey Kong, Atlus games, Animal Crossing clones etc etc.

All games the current userbase will love give or take a couple thousand.

Jamix012

Not sure to be honest but it seems this time could be a likely answer unless Nintendo finally make it 3d. They already had the Pikachu 3DS too right?

Pokemon X/Y is 3D, has a trailer and will be released worldwide this fall. I'm surprised you missed that.

Also while I really hope that the Vita does see some semblance of increased support from Japanese 3rd parties through this boost the 3DS XL vs Vita comparison isn't a particularly logical one. The total number of units able to play 3DS games being sold is still, and likely will stay high above the Vita number. Not to mention the only reason the LL is selling like that is BECAUSE of the OG 3DS. If the OG 3DS didn't exists the LL would certainly be selling a good deal more (though likely a bit less than the combined 3DS total atm.)

What? Everyone has gone off the deep end in here. Soul Sacrifice vs Kid Icarus, Japan hates Zelda, people taking anihawk seriously

Um...

And the only way Vita starts consistently outselling 3DS is if Vita finds its Monster Hunter replacement or 3DS is on its way out.

Skyzard

Banned
^ Depends on what kind of game the third parties are making. 3DS is more of a toy than the 3DS XL and developers of certain mature/dudebro games will probably consider that.

I'm not sure I understand you? Unless you're implying there are no serious system sellers left to be released on the 3DS?

They would be system sellers but it seems quite a lot already bought it for Monster Hunter etc anyway.

Cheebo

Banned
There are literally millions of people who buy nintendo handhelds for pokemon and only pokemon. Pokemon is basically the call of duty of handhelds. The Pokemon devotees who play almost nothing other than Pokemon are a huge user base.

You're slipping back into your old habits. Stop being daft.

BriBri

They would be system sellers but it seems quite a lot already bought it for Monster Hunter etc anyway.
Yes, but there's a brand new Monster Hunter, a brand new Pokemon and likely a brand new Dragon Quest. I can't see how the system has peaked. Even if you take the hypothetical Dragon Quest out of the equation.

Skyzard

Banned
Well when did the news that Monster Hunter was coming to 3DS come out? Seems like a long time ago, Nintendo seems to have things announced real early these days.

I can imagine Pokemon helping out like it usually does too, especially since it's 3D but I think a lot of people should scale back expectations generally.

hongcha

Target audience?

Yeah. Vita and 3DS LL cater to the older crowd with more spending money, late teens to 30s. 3DS caters more to the younger crowd (kids and younger teens), as does the PSP (though to a lesser degree). So I see the PSP and 3DS competing for one demographic (and the 3DS winning out consistently), and the 3DS LL and Vita competing for the other (very tight race these days). I also think this is a reason why Sony is not too keen to kill off the PSP just yet -- they'd have to introduce a slim Vita priced 15,000 yen to compete with the lost PSP buyers. Obviously this is not black in white, I'm just talking about general trends.

Some anecdotal evidence: I've seen dozens upon dozens of children in Japan playing a 3DS in public, in many different cities. I've yet to see one playing a 3DS LL.

Well when did the news that Monster Hunter was coming to 3DS come out? Seems like a long time ago, Nintendo seems to have things announced real early these days.

I can imagine Pokemon helping out like it usually does too, especially since it's 3D but I think a lot of people should scale back expectations generally.

I think we mostly have pretty reasonable expectations for a pokemon game.

Truth hurts.

Give me a break, most ironic thing ive read this week

Okay, not bad.

Vita really needs GoW and Infamous at the very least.

I assume you're not talking about Japan at this point, so:

After how RE:R, U:GA, R:BS, ACIII:L, and COD:BO:D sold last year, I honestly have a hard time fathoming how people can come to the conclusion that what Vita needs in the west is more spinoffs of dudebro console franchises.

Maybe if (when) Killzone bombs, people will finally accept that the demographic that made Liberty City Stories and Chains of Olympus huge hits on PSP is never, ever coming back to dedicated handhelds, not in anything resembling those numbers.

Skyzard

Banned
I think we mostly have pretty reasonable expectations for a pokemon game.

Why is Pokemon immune to the economy, the DS widespread ownership and iOS? It will do great, but without another price drop I can see it moving at a lot less systems than people expect.

Why is Pokemon immune to the economy, the DS widespread ownership and iOS? It will do great, but without another price drop I can see it moving at a lot less systems than people expect.

Are you talking japan or worldwide? Worldwide i can buy that argument maybe, but if you truly think it will really think it will suffer in japan you are crazy

ibijvkhVlMSic.gif

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

Someone surely has to scale back his expectations

Seems like Vita overtaking 3DS weekly sales eventually isn't out of the question, even in Japan.

Soon as the revision + price drop + main game trio comes along I bet. Seems like 3DS might have peaked.

serplux

Many, many, many Pokemon fans have not bought the 3DS yet, and X and Y will force them too. Do not underestimate the power of Pokemon.

BlackJace

Thousands of people are willing to stand in the cold waiting in lines wrapped around street corners for hours for a Pikachu themed 3DS.

I think a simultaneously global launching, fully 3D new Pokemon game will see monster numbers.

Nibel

Pokemon numbers will be out of this world, they will go nuts with bundles, marketing and all that crap

The Pokemon userbase is fucking huge and dedicated

serplux

Thousands of people are willing to stand in the cold waiting in lines wrapped around street corners for hours waiting for a Pikachu themed 3DS.

I think a simultaneously global launching, fully 3D new Pokemon game will see monster numbers.

Personally, I think X and Y will be the best selling Pokemon game since Gold/Silver.

AniHawk

even though it looks kinda crappy, it's also the first 3d pokemon in the proper line. after 17 years, it's the first real noticeable jump.

that's right, 17 years.

Top Bottom