• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2013 (Mar 18 - Mar 24)

FoneBone

Who knows, but let's have a look at userbase and game sales for both platforms with the two big recent games:

With 10.9 M, 280K
with 1.4 M, 90K

So despite having nearly 8x the userbase, it only sold 3x as much. Pretty big difference if you ask me.

It's like every 1 vita owner is worth 3 3ds owners, to a developer/publisher.

Please, please, please just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

Mario007

Please, stop this nonsense.

Developers and publishers know that 3DS has a 11 million userbase, and development costs are lower, with a high chance of selling well.
A lot of third parties have succeeded on 3DS, that's why 2013 is packed with games from them, and Vita has almost nothing relevant.

Can you point to any source to say that development costs are lower on the 3DS as opposed to the Vita? All I can find about Vita development costs is that they are not too different from the PSP dev costs.

Draconian

Who knows, but let's have a look at userbase and game sales for both platforms with the two big recent games:

With 10.9 M, 280K
with 1.4 M, 90K

So despite having nearly 8x the userbase, it only sold 3x as much. Pretty big difference if you ask me.

XujHL.gif

Please tell me you're not being serious right now. Even a Sony PR rep couldn't say that with a straight face.

I wouldn't be vastly surprised if the XY worldwide release came hand-in-hand with a big 3DS revision rollout, to replace the standard 3DS.

Man, the carnage that would cause.

Gun to my head, I'd say they'd roll out the revision a couple months before, then maybe do special bundles if they felt like it (they don't need to). Either way, yeah. Carnage is definitely the right phrase.

Mario007

Wow so in the last 4 weeks Vita did better than in the whole 12 weeks of last year. That's a significant jump.

I wonder if it can stabilise at 20k. 25k would be wishful thinking, I guess. At 20k it could even start being seen as a viable enough platform for a bigger franchise.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Guys, I've seen all the posts for the last hours and...I can't understand if this is real life or just fanta-sea.

Gun to my head, I'd say they'd roll out the revision a couple months before, then maybe do special bundles if they felt like it (they don't need to). Either way, yeah. Carnage is definitely the right phrase.

August was the price cut month followed by the 3DS XL a year later, something might happen that month again.

August was the price cut month followed by the 3DS XL a year later, something might happen that month again.

That sounds like a winning ticket. I don't want to speak about Wii U stuff since I don't really follow the sales, but that 3DS is primed to be a powerhouse thread is as accurate as all get out. The software it's got prepped just screams like a massacre, sales wise.

Thorgal

Guys, I've seen all the posts for the last hours and...I can't understand if this is real life or just fanta-sea.

i think the vita doing good numbers 3 weeks in a row is too much for some minds to handle.

there having a BSOD. lol

With 10.9 M, 280K
with 1.4 M, 90K

my god...

Skyzard

Banned
I expected better points tbh. Maybe people are losing faith and subconsciously worry Vita is a significant threat to 3DS for third party picks. I mean it's getting some Wii ports too so I can understand.

It's very clear now it's not a dying platform by any means so I understand why some people are upset. Not that I expect Muramusa to do all that well next week but DC is different with the MP focus.

I expected better points tbh. Maybe people are losing faith and subconsciously worry Vita is a significant threat to 3DS for third party picks. I mean it's getting some Wii ports too so I can understand.

It's very clear now it's not a dying platform by any means so I understand why some people are upset.
Lol. Just stop.

liger05

It's very clear now it's not a dying platform by any means so I understand why some people are upset. Not that I expect Muramusa to do all that well next week but DC is different with the MP focus.

Terrified

DaBoss

hmmme3axn.gif

watershed

Banned

When a Media Create thread runs out of real sales talk, I'm glad there's stuff like this to keep the conversation flowing.

Does anyone think that part of Nintendo/Capcom relationship (am not a believer in the frankly mental moneyhatting idea) was an understanding that Nintendo would keep MH-Clones off the system? Did they ever have much sales impact?

Maybe, maybe not - just a thought I had the other day on the train.

Laguna

Banned
it's kinda hilarious to see how someone is trying to not admit that PSV had a god momentum since price drop and some game been released :p

I really want to know who you are refering to, because my point was about that I was surprised anyone was expecting a significant drop compared to last week knowing that this weeks releases especially with One Piece (a game that has been often mentioned to be one of the "bigger" PSV releases) and with 3-4 other releases actually has been considerably stronger. The holiday of course was a nice extra as well.

Does anyone think that part of Nintendo/Capcom relationship (am not a believer in the frankly mental moneyhatting idea) was an understanding that Nintendo would keep MH-Clones off the system? Did they ever have much sales impact?

Maybe, maybe not - just a thought I had the other day on the train.

Clones don't hurt the sales of the top game in a genre, if anything they probably help to grow it.

Scum

What in God's name is going on in here?? Three weeks of good Vita sales and all Hell breaks loose! D:
By the way, where the hell is my Bayonetta: Climax Edition, Iwata?! I'm still waiting!

Maybe. I just sort of wondered 'where are they'.

Sony probably moneyhatted all of them for vita and i was easy because you can do cross psp games easy

Not even devs expected the jump and already had PSP/Vita projects?

Well god eater was psp game for a long time. Soul Sacrifice is 1st party. That Square game was out at launch, so they just wanted to get in the launch. What am i missing?

big youth

What in God's name is going on in here?? Three weeks of good Vita sales and all Hell breaks loose! D:
By the way, where the hell is my Bayonetta: Climax Edition, Iwata?! I'm still waiting!

since when do we expect Nintendo to make the obvious, smart choice? Unless they are saving B1 it as some type of bonus for Bayonetta 2, it should already be out.

Maybe. I just sort of wondered 'where are they'.

I think StreetsAhead is probably right, most of what has already come was already in development for psp/vita.

I think the only one that might be really hurt is God Eater, depending on how it does on psp will be the make or break for it.

Most of the others I think were never really that strong of brands in the first place so selling into the smaller hunting userbase the Vita has been trying to build probably won't have a real big impact on their sales.

I would expect to see some other games in the genre for 3ds by next year, at least announcements of them.

Well god eater was psp game for a long time. Soul Sacrifice is 1st party. That Square game was out at launch, so they just wanted to get in the launch. What am i missing?

Ragnarok was also pretty early in the system life, upcoming their is Toukiden and Valhalla 3 (is this one a MH clone?)

Laguna

Banned
It´s funny how some compare me to Skyzard. In this thread every claim or opinion I posted was followed by actual sales data and are based on facts and numbers, if not you are free to proof me wrong. Even the hated comparison with KIU was explained and some members agreed with me in this matter. It´s really odd how agressive the reactions towards this were only because some didn´t perceive the comparison to be favourably for SS. The sad and embarissing highlight was the namecalling after stating the simple fact that LM sold nearly 3 times more than SS first week. Calm down guys and stop beeing dismissive to arguments and facts and stop insulting other members only because they have a different opinion, especially if they are backed up with sales data.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
haha Laguna are you for real? The whole semi-trolling and then playing the victimcard is getting old. I don't think people can be this daft, so you probably just get a kick out of riling the dudes up here. lol

Laguna

Banned
haha Laguna are you for real? The whole semi-trolling and then playing the victimcard is getting old. I don't think people can be this daft, so you probably just get a kick out of riling the dudes up here. lol

Of course I´m serious. My first post in this thread was about how I was surprised that some expected a significant drop in PSV sales this week knowing that this weeks releases have been a lot stronger than last ones, especially One Piece was considered to be one of the "bigger" PSV games. And the reactions to it have been embarassingly hostile and void of any argument, instead sad attempts of ridiculing my point of view.

Usobuko

Banned
It's like a three way fight akin to Romance of the Three Kingdom but much more simplistic and dull. The winner from Sony and Nintendo fans killing themselves is Microsoft, well for the extremists anyway as their hatred for either outweighs their love when they make their 2nd console purchase.

Don't mind my gibberish, Japanese softwares am cry.

donny2112

Wonder if GEIMIN.net will post the MC Top 1000 or will hold it until the end of the year, like they did with the Famitsu Top 1000.

Top Bottom