• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2013 (Mar 18 - Mar 24)

Spiegel

To change the usual WiiU, Vita topics... Am I the only one a bit disappointed by the DQVII remake performance?

It's the first time DQVII (best selling DQ until DQIX) had been remaked and it's probably going to end ~300k below the DQV PS2 sales. Also DQVR was 8190Y on PS2 vs the 6090Y that the DQVII remake costs.

Not that there's a better platform for DQ games at the moment, though.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Last Friday 22nd school ended, and this week is haruyasumi (spring holidays). School starts again in april. Just look last year MC and you can apreciate a boost for March last week and a drop for April first week when school begins.

Thanks. :) So, Vita at 30k+ again next week, I think.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
To change the usual WiiU, Vita topics... Am I the only one a bit disappointed by the DQVII remake performance?

It's the first time DQVII (best selling DQ until DQIX) had been remaked and it's probably going to end ~300k below the DQV PS2 sales. Also DQVR was 8190Y on PS2 vs the 6090Y that the DQVII remake costs.

I feel that it's getting to the point that these insubstantial 'makeover remakes' (remakeover?) with exactly the same gameplay are falling victim to some fatigue in the market, no matter the franchise or game. It seems not a week goes by without Square-Enix announcing another.

Game and Wario tomorrow, DQX bundle on 30th, Pokemon Rumble U (downloadable but with retail download cards, NFC figures) at the end of April.

Until I read this, I had no idea Game & Wario was coming out in Japan tomorrow. I wonder why Nintendo isn't doing simultaneous worldwide release with this one? I assume if it's already done and it just needs some final localization work, that they could release it as soon as May. Fingers crossed.

zroid

Banned
Pretty impressive figures this week for the Vita. It's becoming easier to be optimistic, but of course we'll have to wait and see how things shape up over the coming months.

Luigi did well, hopefully it'll have some legs to go along with it.

serplux

It's sold pretty much about what all of the DS remakes did, so I don't think SE can really complain.

I know it's a joke, but, wouldn't actual ex-pats just get the US versions either from friends/family sending them over, or import stores in Japan? Why would they get the Japanese version with Japanese text and interface, and often censorship as well? Especially for those two franchises!

Not sure about the most recent version but the Gears games have full English support.

Wii U dipped significantly below GameCube this week. :p

34,448 for the GameCube vs. 10,172 for the Wii U. Let's hope the Wii U can rise above 20K next week with Game & Wario and Dragon Quest X releasing.

Ym5nGsl.png

Redhood

Vita is pulling good numbers. The most interesting part of this week is this

02./00. [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.03.20} (¥8.190) - 274.625 / NEW
05./00. [PSV] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.03.20} (¥7.140) - 60.315 / NEW

With the number of multiplatform vita titles that are coming Developers can see vita as a viable platform. Even enough to make exclusive games costing less than ps3 versions.

Why not releasing the game on every platform? (PSP/Vita/PS3/WiiU/Ipad)

It's not as simple as that. You can't release an iPad game for 6.800 yen. It would have abysmal sales at that price. Conversely, at full price, the game would sell like hotcakes on dedicated devices like 3DS, PS Vita, or Wii U. Because the people who own those devices (while a smaller base than a tablet) are far more likely to buy full-price games at regular intervals, because that's what they bought the system for.

Wii U dipped significantly below GameCube this week. :p

34,448 for the GameCube vs. 10,172 for the Wii U. Let's hope the Wii U can rise above 20K next week with Game & Wario and Dragon Quest X releasing.

Hmm.. Curious, what happened with GameCube's debut week? Severely supply-constrained?

Laguna

Banned
I´m surprised that people are surprised that PSV didn´t completely falter this week. Especially since One Piece has been mentioned several times in prior threads as an "important" PSV title. Also looking at the releases this week it had one of the stongest weeks release wise since its release. Obviously a lot better than last weeks releases and the holiday was a nice extra. So in that context I think it´s a little funny to see that some can´t hold back their enthusiasm for merely 37k-41k units sold.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 60.315 / NEW
Atelier Meruru Plus: The Alchemist of Arland 3 25.095 / NEW
Pro Baseball Spirits 2013 23.621 / NEW [/b]
Dead or Alive 5+ 13.291 / NEW [/b]
--------------------------------------------
Soul Sacrifice 15.488 / 137.006

This is the mystery that surrounds nearly every major Japanese developer. Why doesn't Namco put One Piece on everything, why doesn't Square Enid put something like Dragon quest on more platforms, why does Capcom not put monster hunter on more platformers?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Until I read this, I had no idea Game & Wario was coming out in Japan tomorrow. I wonder why Nintendo isn't doing simultaneous worldwide release with this one? I assume if it's already done and it just needs some final localization work, that they could release it as soon as May. Fingers crossed.

I'm trying to refrain from making another post bitching about how Nintendo is dropping the ball so horribly everywhere.

maltrain

Well... last week I said PS Vita would sell more because of One Piece and many haters laugh of me because the game is a PS3 one too... well, good for Vita.

Next week will be harder... I expect they keep over 25k units... that would be great for me.

Vita HW number does surprise me, but the One Piece Vita number doesn't. I would have expected Vita version sales between 1/6 and 1/4 of the higher-userbase version for most PSP/Vita and PS3/Vita multiplats from here on out, and this is right in line with that.

Was there a Vita bundle for One Piece?

Pretty disappointing sales for a holiday.

I expect Wii U to go up by next week (but not by much), Vita and 3DS to go down, and the rest stay the same.

If it doesn't go up to 30K+ that's disappointing. DQX + Game&Wario should provide that boost. Vita reached 30K+ when PS4G launched and again when Miku launched.

Terrible numbers for Castlevania. I'm certain that game is going to bomb worldwide.

It's coming to PSN/XBL so no worries.

Vita hold is pretty amazing this week. How much longer can it keep this up? OPM2 sold below my expectations substantially, but it should be able to clear the 500k shipment. The Vita/PS3 ratio is pretty healthy though. Seems worthwhile enough to release stuff in this format at least, for easy money. LM2 seems to be doing quite well. Solid sellthrough, and should have pretty good legs as long as the game isn't shit.

If the rumor of porting from PS3-PSV or PSP-PSV being very easy and cheap is true, then yeah it's worthy for companies to do that. PSV got >20% of sales for OP2 when most expected around 10%.

That's something I noticed. I think there was more done into this DQVIIR then DQVR as well. Like you said though, where else could they take the series? Multiplatform should definitely be an option that they should consider. I think there's a risk that the inevitable DQVIII Remake might be the first DQ remake in recent memory to not sell over 1 million in Japan. A 3DS one would just be a port with no significant upgrades and it might not look better than the original and on PS3 it might not have enough of an audience, given no DQ has released on PS in 7 years, to ensure high sales. Other systems shouldn't be considered unless they are part of a new, multiplatform strategy for DQ.

Given SE multiplatform focus, having DQ, especially an MMO like DQX, being exclusive to Nintendo at this point is a bit baffling.

I´m surprised that people are surprised that PSV didn´t completely falter this week. Especially since One Piece has been mentioned several times in prior threads as an "important" PSV title. Also looking at the releases this week it had one of the stongest weeks release wise since its release. Obviously a lot better than last weeks releases and the holiday was a nice extra. So in that context I think it´s a little funny to see that some can´t hold back their enthusiasm for merely 37k-41k units sold.

funny to see that some can´t hold back their bitterness.

I'm trying to refrain from making another post bitching about how Nintendo is dropping the ball so horribly everywhere.

Lol. I am fascinated that Game & Wario is coming out in Japan tomorrow. I had no idea Nintendo had given it a final release date. We don't even know what's coming out for Wii U in April over here in NA. Terrible...

SmokyDave

So in that context I think it´s a little funny to see that some can´t hold back their enthusiasm for merely 37k-41k units sold.

Ebullient jubilations all up in this bitch!

The Vita is holding higher and longer than most expected. That's all there is to it.

DGRE

Banned
No response??

I suspect that AC:NL Download Cards have been discontinued because the numbers haven't shifted between famitsu and MC since the beginning of the year.

27./22. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Best Price!) # <ACT> (Capcom) {2012.11.15} (¥3.800) - 5.947 / 248.335 (+3%)

Next week 250k and soon 300k.

So bitter. So very bitter. It pours out of all of your posts.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Laguna, Vita is surprising everyone for its hold so far, myself included. It's true that next weeks are pretty important to comprehend how it can do, but come on. It did very well this week, don't be so annoyingly harsh.

Majmun

Totally forgot about DQX. I wonder how well it'll do.

Isn't there going to be another major game drought for Wii U after DQX and G&W are released?

No response??

I suspect that AC:NL Download Cards have been discontinued because the numbers haven't shifted between famitsu and MC since the beginning of the year.

There's still some in stores.

Lol. I am fascinated that Game & Wario is coming out in Japan tomorrow. I had no idea Nintendo had given it a final release date. We don't even know what's coming out for Wii U in April over here in NA. Terrible...

We don't have anything in Japan other than the Pokemon eshop game, although that may chart on Famitsu seeing as it has retail download cards. Both regions are just as bad as each other.

Top Bottom