• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 13, 2013 (Mar 25 - Mar 31)

Tiops

It's funny how 96% of Vita predictions were under the real result, but some people keep insisting that the sales weren't a surprise.

It's funny how 96% of Vita predictions were under the real result, but some people keep insisting that the sales weren't a surprise.
GAF average was pretty spot on with SS, Senran did over perform but the numbers are pretty insignificant either way.

Kinda like how G&W did even lower than GAF predictions, but again the numbers are insignificant in the first place.

Vita hardware is the biggest surprise, its holding on much better than most think.

Tiops

GAF average was pretty spot on with SS, Senran did over perform but the numbers are pretty insignificant either way.

Kinda like how G&W did even lower than GAF predictions, but again the numbers are insignificant in the first place.

Vita hardware is the biggest surprise, its holding on much better than most think.
Except for some surprises (for successfull ones like Luigi's Mansion or incredible bombas like G&W), the software prediction average was quite good.

I'm hyping this week's results. It is finally the "real test" for Vita. I'm expecting something bellow 20k, but hoping for more.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Some people predicted third parties won't be interested in PS4

Erm this is a very vague statement and doesnt even make sense when most if not all big budget next-gen games with global appeal will be on PS4.

AniHawk

Finally, the proof that AniHawk is Iwata's GAF account!

yes, but he's gone now. to when or where, i don't know. i just know that theorizing that one could travel within his own lifetime, satoru iwata led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as the 'vitality sensor.' pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, iwata prematurely used the vitality sensor and vanished. he awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. fortunately, contact with his own time was made through brainwave transmissions with dean stockwell, the project observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only iwata could see and hear. trapped in the past, iwata finds himself leaping from life to life, putting things right that once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home.

Some people predicted third parties won't be interested in PS4

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=536964
I don't think anyone said that. Since 360 is irrelevant in Japan, PS4 support is pretty much guaranteed. To what extent is the question often asked.

Except for some surprises (for successfull ones like Luigi's Mansion or incredible bombas like G&W), the software prediction average was quite good.

I'm hyping this week's results. It is finally the "real test" for Vita. I'm expecting something bellow 20k, but hoping for more.
I think 20k is too much of a drop, 25k seems more likely.

Jackano

yes, but he's gone now. to when or where, i don't know. i just know that theorizing that one could travel within his own lifetime, satoru iwata led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as the 'vitality sensor.' pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, iwata prematurely used the vitality sensor and vanished. he awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. fortunately, contact with his own time was made through brainwave transmissions with dean stockwell, the project observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only iwata could see and hear. trapped in the past, iwata finds himself leaping from life to life, putting things right that once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home.

The only problem I have with this theory is that Dean Stockwell can't receive brainwaves, he's not human, he is a frakking machine! He doesn't have a brain, just a MCP chip.

Okay...

I think I love you.

Lexxism

I remember that someone posted a graph comparison between WiiU and GC sales on its first 12 months I think. Can anyone post that again? Thank you.

donny2112

I remember that someone posted a graph comparison between WiiU and GC sales on its first 12 months I think. Can anyone post that again? Thank you.

Learn how to use Garaph.info, and you can generate these graphs yourself. ;)

fam

DaBoss

Not a fan of Reggie at all, but why are people eager to seee him go? He's go very little power, if any at all, apart from maybe greenlighting localisation of a few niche games.

Colors, doesn't push for games it seems, last few games seem to have shipping problems, and etc. Reggie going and being replaced with someone that NCL holds in higher regard would be the best thing to happen.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Colors, doesn't push for games it seems, last few games seem to have shipping problems, and etc. Reggie going and being replaced with someone that NCL holds in higher regard would be the best thing to happen.

SAKURAAAAAIIIIIII XD

No seriously. Jason Rubin anyone?

wrowa

The last thing Nintendo can afford right now is wasting time to search for a new direction and management. Reggie and Iwata wil stay at least for another year.

But I do wonder if the current lack of Directs might be a sign of Iwata actually having stepped down already.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The last thing Nintendo can afford right now is wasting time to search for a new direction and management. Reggie and Iwata wil stay at least for another year.

But I do wonder if the current lack of Directs might be a sign of Iwata actually having stepped down already.

...There have been several mini Directs and the Tomodachi Direct last week.

Soriku

Whoever initially decided Xenoblade shouldn't be brought to NA, despite work already done/being done by NoE, should be let go.

VAPitts

When Iwata steps down I think it will be his time too.

lol and what's so funny is that you guys are doing the complaining for the Japanese. just because u don't get what u want right away, doesn't mean Nintendo has nothing planned.

DaBoss

Whoever initially decided Xenoblade shouldn't be brought to NA, despite work already done/being done by NoE, should be let go.

This was one of the most baffling decisions ever. This is pretty much what they did, but delayed it by 9(?) months. Could have done the same thing with The Last Story and Pandora's Tower too... Thank fully XSEED did it.

ok let me rephrase that, what do YOU want him to do?
Colors, doesn't push for games it seems, last few games seem to have shipping problems, and etc.

Thorgal

well might as well post my prediction.

vita 30.000. yes i predict it will hold its ground .

on another note something ive been meaning to ask :

IF the wii u turns up dead and buried , would a single console( PS4) and two handhelds( 3DS + VITA) be a beneficial future for both nintendo and sony and japanese games in general?

Soriku

IF the wii u turns up dead and buried , would a single console( PS4) and two handhelds( 3DS + VITA) be a beneficial future for both nintendo and sony and japanese games in general?

It won't be beneficial for Nintendo because they'd lose one major source of revenue. It would be beneficial for Sony because they'd lose their only console competitor in Japan, but the majority of Japanese console third party games will be on PS4 anyway.

For the Japanese gaming industry? Again, most Japanese console third party games will be on PS4, so I imagine the Wii U's loss wouldn't matter much. They're already ignoring it anyway. But third parties have a good base on the 3DS. With the Vita...it's basically littered with niche games, many of the otaku-oriented type. Which is OK I guess, but there aren't many major games for it.

DaBoss

Sorry if old.

Hino said that Fantasy Life shipments are almost at 300K.

Siliconera said:
Meanwhile, Level 5 CEO Akihiro Hino has shared with Nikkei Trendy Net that shipments of Fantasy Life are around the 300,000 mark in Japan. As we reported earlier in the year, the game sold out in Japanese stores upon release, and Level 5 are looking to turn Fantasy Life into a new series.

Source: Siliconera

Top Bottom