• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Community Thread | It's not over yet! -Cancelled- WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOR!?

SJS

Ah, I've finally checked out the GAF community forums and found my home. I can finally preach to the choir about how Mega Man Zero is the greatest thing to happen on this earth.

I really, really fucking hope that the Blue Bomber's SSB4 appearance is a springboard for a Mega Man title of any kind. A new X game depicting the Elf Wars would give me many great pleasures, some of which cannot be depicted on these boards (JK, but I'd be elated).

To the fellow who asked why Zero changed in design in his own series: They were going for a more humanoid and naturalistic feel, particularly to emphasize the human-esque plight of the Mavericks who opposed Neo Arcadia. i.e., you'd probably think Dr. Ciel wasn't human if you skipped over the plot.

CorvoSol

He was set to. Same for Dr. Light. Who knows why they remixed SNES tracks instead?

Because X5 is a lazily made game.

Ah, I've finally checked out the GAF community forums and found my home. I can finally preach to the choir about how Mega Man Zero is the greatest thing to happen on this earth.

I really, really fucking hope that the Blue Bomber's SSB4 appearance is a springboard for a Mega Man title of any kind. A new X game depicting the Elf Wars would give me many great pleasures, some of which cannot be depicted on these boards (JK, but I'd be elated).

To the fellow who asked why Zero changed in design in his own series: They were going for a more humanoid and naturalistic feel, particularly to emphasize the human-esque plight of the Mavericks who opposed Neo Arcadia. i.e., you'd probably think Dr. Ciel wasn't human if you skipped over the plot.

I just wish MMZ Zero would get in more things. Kinda disappointed that MMX Zero is the one who got into UMvC3 and that MMZ Zero is relegated to whatever that upcoming smartphone game Capcpom is working on is.

Not really. The Mega Man X6 Zero ending is pretty much the canon one. That same ending is referenced in X8's Zero ending.

But if Inafune had made Z1 before X6, how could he have made the beginning of Z1 connected to X6? I know they go back later and truss up all that Elf War jazz, but I kinda always assumed that Zero going Maverick during X5 was a given. Especially since Zero having to fight X for this reason is foreshadowed in X3 and X4.

Because X5 is a lazily made game.
It'd take more effort to produce those tracks and then suddenly produce two more remixes on top of that. :V

I just wish MMZ Zero would get in more things. Kinda disappointed that MMX Zero is the one who got into UMvC3 and that MMZ Zero is relegated to whatever that upcoming smartphone game Capcpom is working on is.
Actually, I kinda prefer booblight Zero, so I'm glad he's the one getting highlighted.

SkyOdin

But if Inafune had made Z1 before X6, how could he have made the beginning of Z1 connected to X6? I know they go back later and truss up all that Elf War jazz, but I kinda always assumed that Zero going Maverick during X5 was a given. Especially since Zero having to fight X for this reason is foreshadowed in X3 and X4.
Zero 1 was released about a year after Mega Man X6. The Zero ending in X6 actually has a reference to Zero 1's release date, so they were actually promoting the release of the Zero series in the ending of Mega Man X6.

SJS

I've always believed that he should be in Smash. MMZ Zero has always been on Nintendo systems, and when you think about it, he'd make for an excellent high-risk attacker and could thereby (roughly) feel like he does in MMZ without being overpowered. But yeah, MVC3 has happened, classic Mega Man is in SSB4, and he's not familiar to many casual gamers, so whatever, I guess.

I'm sure they could do MegaMan.EXE too since he's got a fuckton of attacks to gain inspiration from and has almost been entirely exclusive to Nintendo as well. Final Smash nets you a Program Advance, anyone?

CorvoSol

It'd take more effort to produce those tracks and then suddenly produce two more remixes on top of that. :V

Actually, I kinda prefer booblight Zero, so I'm glad he's the one getting highlighted.

Booblight Zero kinda fell out of favor with me during the PS years. I just can't get over how giant the lower legs became in that era. They be hilariously massive, yo.

I've always believed that he should be in Smash. MMZ Zero has always been on Nintendo systems, and when you think about it, he'd make for an excellent high-risk attacker and could thereby (roughly) feel like he does in MMZ without being overpowered. But yeah, MVC3 has happened, classic Mega Man is in SSB4, and he's not familiar to many casual gamers, so whatever, I guess.

I'm sure they could do MegaMan.EXE too since he's got a fuckton of attacks to gain inspiration from and has almost been entirely exclusive to Nintendo as well. Final Smash nets you a Program Advance, anyone?

I just kinda wish there'd been more than a skin for MMZ Zero in UMvC3.

Just to let you guys know, the last video game I hated as much as I currently hate Mega Man X 6 was Sonic 2006. This game is truly, truly awful in every single way conceivable. I hate it. I hate it so, so much.

I replayed Rockman 4: Minus Infinity earlier today. It's a shame that stuff like the Rush Search, balloon, and wire are kind of busted, but I feel pretty confident in saying that that game is probably better than any of the actual NES Mega Man games. The robot masters are especially fun to fight with only the buster.

SJS

Just to let you guys know, the last video game I hated as much as I currently hate Mega Man X 6 was Sonic 2006. This game is truly, truly awful in every single way conceivable. I hate it. I hate it so, so much.

I've always believed that the 3D Sonics are horridly underrated, but that particular game irks me in so many ways. Its slowed down Sonic (not counting those crappy Mach Speed areas), egregiously sluggish loading times, neutered Shadow, forced sidequests, broken gem system, silly Sonic + Elise levels, veiled bestiality, and so on prevent me from being anything but ambivalent towards it. It's a shame such a great soundtrack was put into that game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I replayed Rockman 4: Minus Infinity earlier today. It's a shame that stuff like the Rush Search, balloon, and wire are kind of busted, but I feel pretty confident in saying that that game is probably better than any of the actual NES Mega Man games. The robot masters are especially fun to fight with only the buster.
This dude right here. <3

I wouldn't say that it's better than all of the NES Mega Man games because it does some wonky level design stuff, but it has so many good ideas that I can't help but to enjoy it very much.

CorvoSol

x6 isnt as bad as Sonic 06

x7 kind of came close though

Allow me to clarify: I don't think it is as bad as Sonic 06, I just haven't been this mad at a game and its designers since Sonic 06. X6 is still a really, truly, honestly bad game.

I've always believed that the 3D Sonics are horridly underrated, but that particular game irks me in so many ways. Its slowed down Sonic (not counting those crappy Mach Speed areas), egregiously sluggish loading times, neutered Shadow, forced sidequests, broken gem system, silly Sonic + Elise levels, veiled bestiality, and so on prevent me from being anything but ambivalent towards it. It's a shame such a great soundtrack was put into that game.

What exactly about Sonic and Elise's relationship was veiled? I thought it was flat out obvious bestiality.

Meanwhile, Sonic Generations has washed away the evil of Sonic 06. I really like Sonic Generations. It's beautiful, simple and fun. Even the story is the kind of light hearted, nonsensical sort of thing that I would like Sonic to do.

Latest Archie comic spoilers

Holy shit they actually went there, they fully showed the implications of Ra Moon's worldwide EM wave. Vehicle crashes including PLANES that there's no fucking way they didn't have casualties, HOSPITAL EQUIPMENT FAILING IN THE MIDDLE OF AN OPERATION, and other way more minor things. Just damn.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

Holy shit they actually went there, they fully showed the implications of Ra Moon's worldwide EM wave. Vehicle crashes including PLANES that there's no fucking way they didn't have casualties, HOSPITAL EQUIPMENT FAILING IN THE MIDDLE OF AN OPERATION, and other way more minor things. Just damn.
I KNOW OMG.

The issue was soooo good! When I have more time I might write something, but man, one of our lurkers wasn't bluffing that it was a decent issue to pick up after Worlds Collide at all.

Ugh, don't remind me that I STILL haven't gotten the chance to pick up the last issue…and that I pretty much missed all of the middle arc because my store got too few Sonic copies.

It took me a moment to remember what thread I had entered lol

This dude right here. <3

I wouldn't say that it's better than all of the NES Mega Man games because it does some wonky level design stuff, but it has so many good ideas that I can't help but to enjoy it very much.

What bothers me is that the weapons are way too good. The boss designs are pretty brilliant, but you really have to force yourself not to steamroll them all with the water cutter or ring boomerang weapons. Most of the equippable items are pretty broken too, but you have to go out of your way to find those, so I guess that's not as big of a deal.

I never had the guts to do a Mr. Perfect run in Mega Man 9, but doing that in Minus Infinity actually unlocks a secret superboss at the end of the game, so I might have to try it.

Sciz

I was a little worried that for all that they've been hyping up Ra Moon, it might not live up to it. NOPE, WORLD'S DEAD.

Busaiku

If you guys missed out on the Mega Man 25th Anniversary statue, Crunchyroll's got it up for $90.
1XqvpPe.jpg

Kokonoe

Banned
oh my god

that storm eagle's remix omfg

...AND X2'S INTRO STAGE HELL YES

It's out of this world. Just some guy from chile, passionate about video game music did this MASTERPIECE. Oh my god when it hits X3 and X3 Zero IM LIKE DEAD HERE

HE EVEN DOES OPENING STAGE ZERO X4

qq more

It's out of this world. Just some guy from chile, passionate about video game music did this MASTERPIECE. Oh my god when it hits X3 and X3 Zero IM LIKE DEAD HERE

HE EVEN DOES OPENING STAGE ZERO X4

oh my god i just got to the opening stage part

SO GOOD I CANT HANDLE IT

*DEAD TOO*

EDIT: X VS ZERO THEME *DOUBLE DEAD*

Qurupeke

I started Mega Man 1, but now I'm shocked. There's no passwords.And I guess that if you lose all your lifes,it's game over... This is supposed to be thr hardest game and you should beat it in one run?! I beat Cutman on my first try, there's no way I'm beating everyone else easily though...

qq more

I started Mega Man 1, but now I'm shocked. There's no passwords. This is supposed to be thr hardest game and you should beat it in one run?! I beat Cutman on my first try, there's no way I'm beating everyone else easily though...

The game is actually much shorter than the rest of the series. If you need help, I'll give advice! What are you playing this on by the way?

Qurupeke

Elecman's dead! :D Nice thing I knew 4 robot's weakness from the GB game.

Edit: Iceman was very easy. I was doing life grinding on the penguins. I lost a live though because I slipped.. :/

Karakato_001

Neo Member
Elecman's dead! :D Nice thing I knew 4 robot's weakness from the GB game.

Edit: Iceman was very easy. I was doing life grinding on the penguins. I lost a live though because I slipped.. :/

Wait, Iceman's stage is easy? Without a doubt his stage has to be the most frustrating one in the game mainly because of those random flying+shooting platforms that seem to be out of your reach most of the time. (... unless of course you used the magnet beam.)

Anyway since this is your first time playing, here's a little glitch that can make the elec beam more OP than it already is. Try pressing select multiple times when you fire the weapon as it hits an enemy/boss, it will deal multiple hits and can be very useful on certain Fortress bosses.

Qurupeke

Wait, Iceman's stage is easy? Without a doubt his stage has to be the most frustrating one in the game mainly because of those random flying+shooting platforms that seem to be out of your reach most of the time. (... unless of course you used the magnet beam.)

Anyway since this is your first time playing, here's a little glitch that can make the elec beam more OP than it already is. Try pressing select multiple times when you fire the weapon as it hits an enemy/boss, it will deal multiple hits and can be very useful on certain Fortress bosses.
What, really? I died there once, but it wasn't that hard. I actually have more trouble on Gutsman stage...

Also, thanks for the advice!

Qurupeke

Sorry for DP..

So about the stages...

Cut Man: The easiest of the them as a whole.
Guts Man: The first part was really hard but the latter quite easy. The moving and falling platforms were confusing.
Elec Man: Difficult stage, because I couldn't keep my health from dropping. :/
Ice Man: As I said I found it easy. I passes the heli things on first try.
Fire Man: Quite frustating stage but not that hard.
Bomb Man: Not that easy, not that hard... Normal.

So, I reached the Dr. Wily stage... I had 3 lives(ty grinding). Now I realize their useless. I just can't beat it. The Yellow Devil. I tried about 10 times and then I created a save state outside of him. I tried more... It still destroys me with minimal damage. The definition of insanity. I knew it was hard but that's insane.

Maybe you're not heeding the advice given earlier? :V

Okay fine so using the Elec Beam glitch on the Yellow Devil is probably cheating... but still!

If you get to the point you're just saying "fuck this shit" and don't care how you beat it, use Thunder Beam and the pause glitch (press Select rapidly) and you'll anhilate him.

The problem with yellow devil is that it basically forces you to use that glitch or else you waste 5 minutes fighting him. You get one shot in with his weakness then he warps to the other side of the room. It's not like the pattern changes once you learn it you pretty much don't get hit. You just shoot him once, dodge for 30 seconds, repeat. It's not hard in a skill sense but in an endurance one.

qq more

Yellow Devil is bullshit. The Wily Wars version is actually much easier due to the slow downs when it begins moving to the other side.

Still, boring and very annoying fight...

SkyOdin

The problem with yellow devil is that it basically forces you to use that glitch or else you waste 5 minutes fighting him. You get one shot in with his weakness then he warps to the other side of the room. It's not like the pattern changes once you learn it you pretty much don't get hit. You just shoot him once, dodge for 30 seconds, repeat. It's not hard in a skill sense but in an endurance one.

It is harder in a skill sense than you are painting it. The boss only has one attack pattern, but that doesn't make the boss easy. First of all, it isn't an easy attack pattern to dodge in the first place. It took me a lot of attempts before I could even clear the pattern a single time without taking a hit, and I was a veteran of the Mega Man Zero games at that point. I had to learn a completely new trick I never really thought about in any other Megaman game: learning to know when to jump at less than full height. There is a particular part of Yellow Devil's pattern that can't be dodged is you jump over a certain block to your full jump height. You have to learn how to just hop over the block at less than half jump height.

There is also the issue that dodging a pattern once is different that dodging it consistently over a really long fight. The latter is a much greater test of skill.

When I first beat Mega Man 1 a few years ago, I burned half a day just beating the Yellow Devil. After that, there was no way I was going to repeat that endeavor, so I used up the rest of the day beating the other fortress stages. Considering that I had beaten just about every other Mega Man game before then, I am not really inclined to agree that the Yellow Devil doesn't require skill.

Qurupeke

Mega Man 1: Finished! Great game and yes, quite difficult. I actually found the Wily stages harder than most of the normal ones... They were short but troublesome.

Well, I have MM2 too, so the old school fun continues! Oh and btw, if this wasn't clear, I'm a noob to the series. I had only played MM1 for GB before. Sooner or later I'll play every NES MM and then GB. After that I hope to start the X series.

Top Bottom