• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Melissa Joan Hart (Sabrina - Clarissa) cancels a Kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't nock six !

tumblr_len25nfoSp1qbxuufo1_500.jpg

My goddess. Dat ass and thighs...

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Oh man, this is so embarrassing. Will be lucky to get a few hundred thousand. Those rewards...

Salsa

holy crap at the rewards seriously

they are a bunch of fucking assholes

"a chance to be on our movie! or not! we might cut you!"

Darryl

Banned
this kickstarter is depressingly hilarious. how on earth does she think her name is enough to carry this random unknown project up to 2M $?

noffles

Banned
I like how they outright say they're doing it because Veronica Mars managed it.

That's both respectable and scummy as fuck.

noffles

Banned
You will receive an on-screen thank you during the end credits of the film! You and 99 others will be specially thanked for your help in making this film possible. You’ll also receive the signed movie poster and the DVD.

***Another disclaimer! We will do everything in our power to make sure your name is spelled correctly and we don’t miss any names or leave anyone out. However, mistakes are made, and if we make one here, be assured there is no intent. We ask for your forgiveness, with the understanding that once the film is released, we won’t be able to make any changes.

YOU'VE GIVEN US $250, BUT IF WE FUCK UP IT'S NOT OUR FAULT.

SORRY.

You will receive an original costume worn in the film by Melissa Joan Hart. It might be a dress, it might be a beautiful pair of shoes, but it will come with a certificate of authenticity signed by Melissa, along with a photograph of Melissa from the film wearing your item. You’ll also receive the DVD, the signed poster and the PDF of the shooting script.

Okay, this is getting creepy now. I wonder how many $5000 pledges they'll get for this.

While I LOVE Melissa & Joey, one of my favorite comedies on TV right now, this project is ridiculous. It's not like Drive Me Crazy was a massive hit people remember, not enough for people to fund this movie, not even with Sabrina or Clarissa.

Considering the massive quality drop of Sabrina after season 4, I doubt people would even fund a movie of it, considering the last season was horse shit.

noffles

Banned
I'd seriously have to consider spending $10 for Melissa to like, clean my house

That would be depressing to watch. She'd just be awkwardly pointing her finger all day, expecting magic to do it for her, but the magic never works.

No. The magic never works.

"Spend 1000$ and watch Sabrina cast a spell that makes this shitty Kickstarter disappear. You also get a genuine piece of shit from one of our cast members (not Salem!"

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
But these are the greatest rewards ever.....

$1 pledge = Nothing! lol

$10 pledge = The SCRIPT!

$25 pledge = A supah-expensive t-shirt

$35 = The movie in digital form! (ONLY IN USA AND CANADA EVEN THO MOVIE IZ DIGITAL TROLOL)

$50 = A PHYSICAL DVDZZZ (fuck you Canada)

$75 = A MOOVIIIZ POZTERS (okay Canada we still love u)

$100 = RANDOMIZED NOBODIES WILL ADD U ON TWITTAHHH! (but Melissa won't add you because she's too good for a mere $100)

$125 = T-shirt ANNNNND the DVD!!! (ACTUALLY THO FUCK YOU CANADA)

#175 = SIIIIIGNNNNED poster + DVD (lol Canada)

$200 = SIGNED PAPER COPY OF THE SCRIPT OMG OMG OMG MEGATON

$250 = END CREDITTSSS REFERENCE

$300 = The holy grail. Her Majesty, MELISSA the Incomparable will graciously allow her divine hand to add you on Twitter, and keepeth so for a period of exactly 365 days upon which, you shall be discarded.

$500 = ONE twenty-second recording sent TO YOUR VOICEMAIL by Her Majesty Melissa Joan Hart's mellifluous, ethereal, majestic voice.

$1000 = AFTERR PARRTTTAAYYY

$2500 = You MAY be in the movie as an extra. Just might...if we're feeling generous. (Although you may get nothing just because lol)

$3500 = HAVE LUNCH WITH HER HOLINESS MELISSA OMG OMG OMG

$5000 = Receive clothing THAT MELISSA HAS WORN ON HER BODY ONE TIME.

$6000 = Receive A DRESS THAT MELISSA HAS WORN ON HER BODY ONE TIME.

$6500 = NAME a random, not-important character in the show. THAT'S RIGHT BITCHES, you get to NAME SOMEONE.

$8000 = You get to yell "ACTION!" one time. But just once tho.

$10000 = You get to say FIVE words in the movie. FIVE. WORDS. SAID. BY. YOU.

$10000 = Melissa will graciously attend your wedding. YOUR. MOTHERFUCKIN. WEDDING.

i90A54ceNnC89.gif

Lost it on the $8000 one.

You guys are really going to base your opinion of an actress based on their political beliefs?

No.

What I'm basing it on is that she, a supporter of Mr. Bootstraps, is asking people for money.

Just because you make reference to something doesn't mean it is always in the same context as the usual.

But these are the greatest rewards ever.....

$1 pledge = Nothing! lol

$10 pledge = The SCRIPT!

$25 pledge = A supah-expensive t-shirt

$35 = The movie in digital form! (ONLY IN USA AND CANADA EVEN THO MOVIE IZ DIGITAL TROLOL)

$50 = A PHYSICAL DVDZZZ (fuck you Canada)

$75 = A MOOVIIIZ POZTERS (okay Canada we still love u)

$100 = RANDOMIZED NOBODIES WILL ADD U ON TWITTAHHH! (but Melissa won't add you because she's too good for a mere $100)

$125 = T-shirt ANNNNND the DVD!!! (ACTUALLY THO FUCK YOU CANADA)

#175 = SIIIIIGNNNNED poster + DVD (lol Canada)

$200 = SIGNED PAPER COPY OF THE SCRIPT OMG OMG OMG MEGATON

$250 = END CREDITTSSS REFERENCE

$300 = The holy grail. Her Majesty, MELISSA the Incomparable will graciously allow her divine hand to add you on Twitter, and keepeth so for a period of exactly 365 days upon which, you shall be discarded.

$500 = ONE twenty-second recording sent TO YOUR VOICEMAIL by Her Majesty Melissa Joan Hart's mellifluous, ethereal, majestic voice.

$1000 = AFTERR PARRTTTAAYYY

$2500 = You MAY be in the movie as an extra. Just might...if we're feeling generous. (Although you may get nothing just because lol)

$3500 = HAVE LUNCH WITH HER HOLINESS MELISSA OMG OMG OMG

$5000 = Receive clothing THAT MELISSA HAS WORN ON HER BODY ONE TIME.

$6000 = Receive A DRESS THAT MELISSA HAS WORN ON HER BODY ONE TIME.

$6500 = NAME a random, not-important character in the show. THAT'S RIGHT BITCHES, you get to NAME SOMEONE.

$8000 = You get to yell "ACTION!" one time. But just once tho.

$10000 = You get to say FIVE words in the movie. FIVE. WORDS. SAID. BY. YOU.

$10000 = Melissa will graciously attend your wedding. YOUR. MOTHERFUCKIN. WEDDING.

I'm laughing so hard at this.

It costs $0.25 to feed a starving child from Africa for a day.
I know this kind of comparison is overused, but $8000 to yell "action" just once?! The cost is extreme! I love Sabrina, but the rewards are ridiculously bad!

Yeah, I find it kind of pompous to suggest that yelling action is worth that kind of money. Typically, someone is getting paid to do that, not the other way around. I know that goes without saying, but I think it really shows how highly the movie industry thinks of itself. You're not going to see a construction worker ask for $8,000 to let you use his shovel BUT JUST ONCE.

Venture capital for a commercial project, without any of the profit share? SIGN ME UP.

Can't wait to fund these millionaires (maybe thousandaires in the case of Hart)!

Fuck you, Internet. Sometimes you're just so fucking stupid.

Eh, it's fine if it's something good. In the case of something like the Veronica Mars movie, it funds a product's production cost. I doubt the budget of the film was just two million, but the crew had money put back to cover the rest of the costs outside of 2 mil. Now, at 5 mil, it's pretty fair to say it's entirely crowd funded.

This is different though. It is the director of Sabrina (TV series and movies) and Melissa Joan Hart, but everything else is an unknown. The plot synopsis doesn't sound that great. There's currently no other known actors involved. It's half-baked.

chatshi

Huh, wasn't long ago I wondered what happened to her. I half followed her witch show, it was a guilty pleasure.

The lighting in the KS video just removes all her facial features.

This is embarrassing. I've always gotten cunty vibes from her though. Fuck this shit.

Lol.

the veronica mars kickstarter was like "here back this or shut the fuck up and we don't have to deal with the "when are you going to make a movie" question ever again".

This one is "can i make a movie? pretty pleeeeeeeaaaaasse? i used to be on a show you like you know".

RobbieH

Pledge $10,000 or more

Darci’s Walk of Shame takes place at a wedding. At this award level, our cast will “appear” at your wedding! We will make a personalized video from our set that you can play at your event (or on You Tube, or both). Melissa and her co-stars will toast you, send their best wishes for your happiness, and if you’d like, introduce you to your guests as husband and wife for the first time! It’s a video experience that will last a lifetime.

iEZwMb4QQwmju.gif

dejay

Banned
Guys, looks like she got like a thousand dollars in like a day. 43 days to go, doing the math, ... carry the four...plus 1....times 10....

Shoulda had a talking cat.

Acorn

The follow you on twitter stuff isn't new. A year or two ago a bunch of celebs were auctioning (although for charity. Big difference I know) off follows for a year, 6 months etc. Eva Longoria's sold for some crazy amount.

What I want to know though is how do people only follow somebody for a year without just forgetting and continuing to follow them indefinitely? I don't use Twitter, but is there a "Follow for [time]" option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom