• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Melissa Joan Hart (Sabrina - Clarissa) cancels a Kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So what if I'm married already? How can I claim the $10,000+ award thing?

So ask your fans to help you get away from the pigeon hole you think Hollywood has placed you in by doing something

unrelated to what your fans know you for whilst at the same time using crappy magic effects reminiscent of a show that your trying to

disassociate yourself from. What?

We should kickstart The Room II with her as a lead.

tumblr_ludhtd6p2k1qmaa05o1_400.gif

I'm also surprised she can't pursue legit fundraising for this to pick up at least a mil. She must have some rich ass friends who can afford to lose a few hundred grand.

tmarques

What I want to know though is how do people only follow somebody for a year without just forgetting and continuing to follow them indefinitely? I don't use Twitter, but is there a "Follow for [time]" option?

I'm sure (actual) celebrities have people managing their social network accounts. What I would like to know, not being familiar with Twitter, is the point of having a celebrity follow you. Won't their name get lost in the midst of all your hoi polloi friends? And I doubt they'll ever interact with you.

Acorn

What I want to know though is how do people only follow somebody for a year without just forgetting and continuing to follow them indefinitely? I don't use Twitter, but is there a "Follow for [time]" option?
That's what personal assistants are for. Human calenders.

I'm sure (actual) celebrities have people managing their social network accounts. What I would like to know, not being familiar with Twitter, is the point of having a celebrity follow you. Won't their name get lost in the midst of all your hoi polloi friends? And I doubt they'll ever interact with you.

From what little I understand about Twitter, when somebody with a lot of followers follows somebody, there's a chance that some of their followers will follow as well.

I guess if you're a promoter that could be useful. Otherwise it's not worth shit.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'm also surprised she can't pursue legit fundraising for this to pick up at least a mil. She must have some rich ass friends who can afford to lose a few hundred grand.

these people can go and get funding they just see Kickstarter as free money. No risk, no investors, no guarantees, no one to answer to.

this is what's ruining kickstarter for those who actually need the help.

I also hate how condescending many Kickstarters like this sound. I mean, c'mon...

Pledge $10,000 or more
Ready for your closeup? You will receive a speaking role in the film. Under the guidance of our crack director, Tibor, you will utter a line (to be determined before shooting) that will appear in the final version of the film. Unless you really, really can’t act.

I don't care if my acting ability makes Tommy Wiseau look like Marlon Brando, for $10,000 you will include me in the final cut. Are you fucking kidding me?

Most of these rewards make it sound like it would be in our best interest to pledge and better our careers/social status/etc, which is a shitty tactic to use when asking for free money from regular joes. Shit like, "please give us $6,500 to name a character in our film, but the name has to be up to our standards!" is bullshit.

It just feels so damn exploitative the way she's going about it. MJH comes across as an egocentric asshole here.

That said, I like that she's able to make fun of herself a bit in the video. It makes me realize that had she asked money for a big budget web series done in the format of Curb and Matt LeBlanc's Episodes people might actually be interested (myself included if the writing and talent was solid enough). It'd be interesting if she'd just play herself alongside other C-list celebs and base it around not just her life but the situations that arise with a celebrity fading into obscurity, having friends far more rich and famous than you and the emotional baggage that comes with that, etc. But it would seem she's a bit too full of herself for something like that.

Instead she honestly believes this shitty romcom is going to be the way to rekindle her film career, and that's pretty sad. Even with $20 million budgets and A-list casts legitimately good romantic comedies are a rarity. She needs to cast a spell to pull her head out of her ass.

I can only imagine the puzzled looks you'd get at your wedding after you stop everything to play a video of Melissa Joan Hart and "cast" toasting you.

pants

Damn, I used to like her when I was young, this is just sad. How's Alicia Silverstone doing these days btw?

Pledge $10,000 or more

Darci’s Walk of Shame takes place at a wedding. At this award level, our cast will “appear” at your wedding! We will make a personalized video from our set that you can play at your event (or on You Tube, or both). Melissa and her co-stars will toast you, send their best wishes for your happiness, and if you’d like, introduce you to your guests as husband and wife for the first time! It’s a video experience that will last a lifetime.
This reads like it's some sort of elaborate troll or parody, it's unbelievable.

I wonder if they'll pull the Kickstarter in the coming days to save face. How embarrassing...

Damn, I used to like her when I was young, this is just sad. How's Alicia Silverstone doing these days btw?

Independent stuff and Broadway I think.

This reads like it's some sort of elaborate troll or parody, it's unbelievable.

I wonder if they'll pull the Kickstarter in the coming days to save face. How embarrassing...

They'll realize it's a failure and be like "LOL FOOLED YOU!"

I also hate how condescending many Kickstarters like this sound. I mean, c'mon...

I don't care if my acting ability makes Tommy Wiseau look like Marlon Brando, for $10,000 you will include me in the final cut. Are you fucking kidding me?

Most of these rewards make it sound like it would be in our best interest to pledge and better our careers/social status/etc, which is a shitty tactic to use when asking for free money from regular joes. Shit like, "please give us $6,500 to name a character in our film, but the name has to be up to our standards!" is bullshit.

It just feels so damn exploitative the way she's going about it. MJH comes across as an egocentric asshole here.

That said, I like that she's able to make fun of herself a bit in the video. It makes me realize that had she asked money for a big budget web series done in the format of Curb and Matt LeBlanc's Episodes people might actually be interested (myself included if the writing and talent was solid enough). It'd be interesting if she'd just play herself alongside other C-list celebs and base it around not just her life but the situations that arise with a celebrity fading into obscurity, having friends far more rich and famous than you and the emotional baggage that comes with that, etc. But it would seem she's a bit too full of herself for something like that.

Instead she honestly believes this shitty romcom is going to be the way to rekindle her film career, and that's pretty sad. Even with $20 million budgets and A-list casts legitimately good romantic comedies are a rarity. She needs to cast a spell to pull her head out of her ass.

Damn, you're talking this stuff waaaay too seriously. The $10k pledge says you'll get to say a LINE in the movie. This could literally end up being a person walking up to another person in the movie and saying some throwaway line in passing. For you to suggest this is going to seriously compromise the movie is rather amusing. They also only allow for two such pledges to be made, so that's two people saying a single line in the movie. It will be insignificant.

powerCAPS

Well GAF, hadn't heard about this hot garbage until you, and you inspired me to do this:

Melissa Joan Hart of Sabrina the Teenage Witch is begging for money on Kickstarter since she can't get cast in movies anymore. She wants to make a shitty film called "Darci's Walk of Shame" and since no studio is willing to flush away the money, she's trying to raise $2m in donations, of which she's currently at about $12k, or about what my film school friends raise for their final year projects. This is what the internet has come to, washed up celebrities begging for your spare change. So MJH, I'll tell you what I told the homeless guy outside of CVS, "I'll give you the money, but you're going to have to suck my dick".

http://youtu.be/l5uT_gcgx6k

OnPoint

I had such a crush on her growing up. Not interested in this now, sadly, but 10-year-old Onpoint would have gone all in.

Protome

Wow, that video was absolutely terrible. If your entire video pitch for your movie greenlight is filled with terrible writing and acting, why on Earth would people donate to it?

Calling out the Veronica Mars movie getting tons of money from Greenlight in their video was especially dumb. It was like they were going "Yeah, so we tried to make a video that was funny like theirs, only without the talent."

danwarb

Hey guys I'd like $2 million to be in a movie.

It seems wrong to raise so much money just to make a bad movie. Prediction < $50k.

That video is fucking awful. If she really wants money for this shitty vanity project, get more creative than begging people and using the same exact structure as the Veronica Mars project.

That video is fucking awful. If she really wants money for this shitty vanity project, get more creative than begging people and using the same exact structure as the Veronica Mars project.

This. Veronica mars project achieved its $2 million goal in 11 hours. This project hasn't reached 1% of its goal the last time I checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom