• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Fritz

I don't know where else to talk about this but the first German Uniqlo branch opened in Berlin with a flagship store and I was really blown away when I went today. There were so many sales people and they were so freakishly attentive it was almost scary. At times I saw not less than 5 clerks talking to one patron. Is that how it's going to be or is that just to kick things off?

Okay guys, where can I find this jacket (the one on the left) or one just like it?

tumblr_n3xadmt6Yo1stymtto3_500.jpg

woolrich woolen mills makes peacoats in that red/black flannel.
$200-$300, leanin more towards beat up rockboy.
frye has a good number of boots in that category (and price range, some a little more), and you could probably get john varvatos mainline for that price on sale/gilt/ebay/etc.

Salazar

Red cords work nicely with navy blazers, I am relieved to report.

Found an old Scotch and Soda one that fits almost too well. Makes everything else I wear seem off-kilter.

there is something weird about those jeans that i do not like and i can't quite put my finger on it. the 1791 do look good, i must say.

I still may at least try the Pointer brand but anyway... of the six options that are available with 1791 I'm looking at these two.

http://1791.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=50107_58405&pc=BXAM164

http://1791.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=50107_58405&pc=BXAM223

Obviously the less expensive one first to see if I like it and then go from there.

Kraftwerk

Seriously guys.

That jacket.

Come on.

Help me out.

In exchange, I will regale stories of how I embarrass myself in that jacket.

Only thing you can do is be a baller and get it custom made. Only two people in the world posses it, Hannibal and Brian Fuller. I also think it looks a lot better on the show due the dark look of the show. Here is a brighter look.

9y8Bxoo.jpg

I didn't get much of a response in the denim-head thread but...

https://www.pointerbrand.com/index....al/raw-denim-american-original-blue-jean.html

Thoughts for my first step into selvage denim?

Also if I want a relaxed fit for black selvage with cone denim, what's a good option? Is 1791 really a good option?
Not liking the look of those jeans. Have you heard of Unbranded? Most places will sell them for around $82 and typically that's where most guys I know start with raw selvage stuff.

overcast

So, what are some other t-shirt styles that will stand out just a bit (not talking gold or leather lol).

Also, I bought some stuff to spray on suede that supposedly keeps them from getting dirty, 5 dollars or so, good investment?

Not liking the look of those jeans. Have you heard of Unbranded? Most places will sell them for around $82 and typically that's where most guys I know start with raw selvage stuff.

I am looking for a relaxed fit and it looks like "tapered" would be what I want right?

http://theunbrandedbrand.com/collections/all/products/ub201-tapered-fit-indigo-selvedge

Edit: I will be honest, I am kind of obsessed with White Oak Cone Denim just because of their history supplying Levi's and Levi's being the original so to speak so when I get a few pairs (not more than say three), I want at least one to have WOCD.

zeopower6

UFXkO6Z.jpg

Freaky coincidence but last night we were talking about the Philip Lim jacket that Kraftwerk had tried on a while ago and then bam Matt Bellamy was wearing it during the MUSE set at Coachella, lol.

SeanR1221

Ok fashion gurus, I need help/advice.

Majority of my crew and v necks are 100% cotton. I notice by about 10 hours of wearing one they tend to stretch, especially in the arms, which looks really unflattering.

After a wash they always go back to normal. Is there anyway at all to get your tshirts to keep their shape???

Ok fashion gurus, I need help/advice.

Majority of my crew and v necks are 100% cotton. I notice by about 10 hours of wearing one they tend to stretch, especially in the arms, which looks really unflattering.

After a wash they always go back to normal. Is there anyway at all to get your t-shirts to keep their shape???

Woolite I believe and wash them on delicate.

---

I called 1791 and they said their jeans fit true to size but their inseam is 34" across the board.

Raleigh Denim (a woman who works at the NC store) told me the Nash or Alexander are their "loosest fit" jeans.

Top Bottom