• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Alucrid

Banned
Ok fashion gurus, I need help/advice.

Majority of my crew and v necks are 100% cotton. I notice by about 10 hours of wearing one they tend to stretch, especially in the arms, which looks really unflattering.

After a wash they always go back to normal. Is there anyway at all to get your tshirts to keep their shape???

not really much you can do unless you start buying shirts made from a blend of cotton/modal or something like that.

that's just the nature of cotton jersey, not much you can do about it. i will say i have had ramie and viscose tees in the past and they didn't stretch much at all, but they were loose slouchy things in the first place.

yeah, he's outdoing you hard, ill.

i looked that guy up and he wasn't always that thin. i mean yeah he was thin but humans shouldn't have a deep concave aound their elbows.

Kraftwerk

I got a haircut today - very happy with it- and the guy looked EXACTLY like your avatar, beard and everything.

vvlSUlOdFwPKlwP9OccbVsn-MmbS3XkZn7xY658LBC5dW_rxLLl0-lczdbxDYCBOLAwT1XY=s85

I almost, almost asked him if he knows what Manshion is. Gave him a good tip since he looked like you.

Guys, need help. I'm looking a good pair of chinos. I went looking today at a close mall but I the few that were there were slim fit and I'm not slim fit apparently. Looking for something khaki colored or gray, price range between 40-70 dollars. I'm usually around 32-30. Something like 33-29 might work better cause I'm short. Not sure how I feel about purchasing online but I will resort to it if I have to.

Guys, need help. I'm looking a good pair of chinos. I went looking today at a close mall but I the few that were there were slim fit and I'm not slim fit apparently. Looking for something khaki colored or gray, price range between 40-70 dollars. I'm usually around 32-30. Something like 33-29 might work better cause I'm short. Not sure how I feel about purchasing online but I will resort to it if I have to.
target has some decently cut everymanchinos for a such a price. if you need to hem them it's only $8 usually.

they offered to offer it if they had enough offers

didn't happen though
i would have offered!

Anyone have experience with Nudie Jeans' shirts?

Looking to get their Chambray Gunnar shirt, but dunno about the fit.

Thanks.

Quoting myself from some pages back but just wanted to know if anyone has an idea of the fit before I just binge buy them off the website.

Thanks.

all i've heard is that they fit slim. otherwise i have zero knowledge of nudie.

Cool and thanks. Might try to see if I can try to get over to some of the boutiques here in San Francisco to see if they have any of the shirts to try on before I order.

Also... I'm contemplating buying a pair of joggers for some reason. Any good brand that make like a broken-in chino version?

Revenant

If I can borrow a moment of fashion-GAF's time to help the fashionably uneducated, I've got a couple of questions.

1. I'm soon going to be in need of a suit and I'm wondering whats the best place/places to find one. I'm out near Chicago if that helps as far as regional stores etc. There is the balance of cost vs quality to consider but I'm not necessarily sure where to even start since my job doesn't require formal clothes ever(gift and curse of a programming job it seems)

2. On top of this, as I'm relatively fresh from college and now making a salary I'm hoping to update my wardrobe all around. My main concern is my height, I'm 6'5" 207 lbs so I find fit to be an issue sometimes around the shoulders and arms, are there any tall fashionGAFers that can point me to where you've found some success.

Top Bottom