• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Kraftwerk

Incredible hair.

I have been letting my hair grow for the past 2.5 months, and tomorrow I am getting it cut. Hopefully it turns out nice.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Anyone got any suggestions for black designer tees that run very long with a loose fit? I was gonna get Alexander Wang oversized tee on mr porter but it's sold out in my size.

Kraftwerk

Another would be Alexandre Plokhov;

mqZP9mg.jpg

Link

Plokhov is the best one yet but likely runs slim and long. I'm a bit too fat these days. Might visit h lorenzo and check it out in person.

Damir doma and rick are good ones but like alexander wang the availability of just the right shirt I want is tough. I was gonna get john elliott but even the XL was snug on those. Length was good.

NinjaBoiX

Never been a fan of loose fitting tees, especially really long ones. Shit looks like a nightie to me.

I am short like, so that probably doesn't help!

hoggert

Michael Bastian polos were sweet as fuck last summer. New ones are great too. Some of his designs with Gant had the hole button down three button collar thing, wish they had those too with the Uniqlo ones, I would buy every single one.

the gitman prints this season are tempting me, even though i really don't have a need for them at all, especially at the price.

K460-01-GV21_1024x1024.jpg

gitman-brothers-vintage-multicolor-home-sewing-print-button-down-shirt-product-1-17338013-1-767810277-normal_large_flex.jpeg

but still. damn you gitman.

It's thin and just feels bad. They had them on hangers and it was wrinkled to all hell and back, looked like a shirt after a number of washes where it loses that "new" feel and look. Dry and rough feel.

I had a discussion with the guys on style forum on the same subject. The quality is all over the place with their shirts. Their chambray looked good but any of the thinner shirts were really disappointing.

Paul Smith seems way too traditional. Kenzo, to me, is a fad brand. Marni is sweet.

I didn't realize how big Paul Smith was in LA though. You guys are in love with those wares.

i do like kenzo* and marni, but still they lack the je ne sais quoi of gitman. for regular ol s/s shirts mauro grifoni suits me just fine.

*i preferred the marras era to the oc era

Socreges

Banned
Moving from the public sector to the private sector in just under 2 weeks. Really excited, but it's dawned on me that my business casual wardrobe is pretty lacking and weathered. Time for new everything. Poor wallet.

And so I turn to you Men's Fashion |OT| community. I'll probably flip through the last several pages for ideas before probably asking some specific questions...

VoxPop

anyone wanna recommend me some decent denim in the 100-200 range?

i literally have 2 pairs of apcs, 1 samurai and 1 jbrand jeans i wear throughout my week mixed in with random chinos and dress pants.

Top Bottom