• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

finally copped after a few months of watching on ebay

YpLlEL3.jpg

nobody stops this black shoo train

So years of staring at computers causes me to get a decent amount of eye fatigue at the end of a long day, enough that I think I need reading glasses sometimes in order to read without headaches.

Does anyone have any recommendations for nice looking reading glasses? This feels like a weird request.

So years of staring at computers causes me to get a decent amount of eye fatigue at the end of a long day, enough that I think I need reading glasses sometimes in order to read without headaches.

Does anyone have any recommendations for nice looking reading glasses? This feels like a weird request.

Oliver Peoples?

giga

anyone wanna recommend me some decent denim in the 100-200 range?

i literally have 2 pairs of apcs, 1 samurai and 1 jbrand jeans i wear throughout my week mixed in with random chinos and dress pants.

https://www.weargustin.com/store

warby parker

Kraftwerk

So I went and tried that Philip Lin flower jacket today... It fits so nicely and looks amazing.

I didn't get it, as I want to buy a saxophone this year, but I am so damn tempted.

I am conflicted Manshion, do I serve the fashion God's or Saint John Coltrane?

overcast

So, for the first time since I was 16 or so my dad is giving me money (well mostly my brother for his birthday) to get clothes. I'm heading to the Desert Hills/Cabazon outlet, any of you so cal residents been there? What shops should I check out?

Wait, do you guys hate outlets?

Kraftwerk

So, for the first time since I was 16 or so my dad is giving me money (well mostly my brother for his birthday) to get clothes. I'm heading to the Desert Hills/Cabazon outlet, any of you so cal residents been there? What shops should I check out?

I have been able to buy a few shades from ooutlets at really low prices. All high-end designer items.

I remember one other time when this outlet had a sale on men's products such as cologne and facial items. I saved a few hundred easily.

zeopower6

Are we talking about the leather lim jacket or the non-leather?

I -think- it was this one:
http://www.31philliplim.com/shop/mens/jackets/909/color/101

And as for Cabazon...

A|X Armani Exchange
Alexander McQueen
Armani Exchange
Banana Republic Factory Store
Barney's New York Warehouse
Bottega Veneta
Brooks Brothers Factory Store
Brunello Cucinelli
Burberry
Calvin Klein
Diesel
DKNY
Dolce & Gabbana
Ermenegildo Zegna Outlet Store
Etro
G-Star Raw
Helmut Lang
Hugo Boss Factory Store
J.Crew
Lacoste
Neiman Marcus Last Call
Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store
Rag & Bone
Saint Laurent Paris
Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th

Salvatore Ferragamo
Ted Baker London
Theory Men
Tommy Hilfiger
Valentino

Just some guesses on what people might recommend from there, lol. Bolded are likeliest imo.

why would we hate outlets when we link to yoox all the time :p

going by the store list, i'd peep the following in your shoes

marc by marc jacobs

barney's new york

calvin klein

marni

sandro

vince

burberry

rag & bone

saks off 5th (good place to pick up button shirts and casual pants.. you might even find some balla ferragamo sneaks for $200 like my friend)

you could also duck into brunello cuccinelli and see what their idea of outlet is. i'm curious how not-expensive-but-expensive it is lol. i doubt you'll find anything in your price range at saint laurent, valentino and co, but could be good window shopping.

speaking of fragrances does anyone want a gently used bottle of terre d'hermes for a low price? i think i'll be side-grading to hermes eau de mandarine ambree or something a little softer and it would be practical for space reasons to let it go.

today I'm thinking

bright pink dress shirt, white sweater pull over, fitted black dress pants, pink socks, beige colored shoes.

Sound good? Err colorful without being tacky I mean?

Rookje

they do know we're heading into summer and not October, right?
Its their F/W preview. Most F/W previews come out around this time, if not several months earlier.

W+H's S/S usually is not very good. Probably because they're a canadian brand and are used to colder weather with outerwear styling.

anyone wanna recommend me some decent denim in the 100-200 range?

i literally have 2 pairs of apcs, 1 samurai and 1 jbrand jeans i wear throughout my week mixed in with random chinos and dress pants.
Rogue Territory/3Sixteen is great stuff but on the low end of 200. Granted, if you're looking for something that can take a beating and last for awhile, those are them.

Don't brands usually debut things about a yearish ahead of time? Like we won't actually see most of the items for sale until Fall actually comes lol...
Yep, a year is the typical fashion industry standard, if not more. I'm already seeing SS15 lookbooks for some brands.

y2dvd

I wore loafers without socks all day for the first time. Man it feels gross. I need to find some lower than ankle socks.

I wore loafers without socks all day for the first time. Man it feels gross. I need to find some lower than ankle socks.
iirc jcrew makes socks for this purpose, and I've heard of an internet company called ninjasocks or something. or if you want to go the easy route, just get some ladiez socks for flats and the like from target.

got my raf seeeminz shadees today. done with shades now.

Top Bottom