• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Alucrid

Banned
if you're a big dude just gotta go with the drop crotch

style-profile-charly-2.jpg
style-profile-charly-14.jpg

zeopower6

B) You guys are too good at shopping.

I think they do deal scouting on a daily basis... also style forums.

You could also look for harem pants, Anton, but the crotch could end up dropping a little too low in that case, hm...

Also the name change is really stumping people over in the sneaker thread. :x

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
if you're a big dude just gotta go with the drop crotch

style-profile-charly-2.jpg
style-profile-charly-14.jpg

The dark nomadic style does not fit him well. If you're going rock it, you're hair needs to match the threads. The overall style looks silly with this body, and face structure.

The dark nomadic style does not fit him well. If you're going rock it, you're hair needs to match the threads. The overall style looks silly with this body, and face structure.

Aw man, you think so? I thought he pulls it off pretty well, given his body type. I have a hard time finding built dudes with a matching style (who don't look like douchebags).

Poody

Aw man, you think so? I thought he pulls it off pretty well, given his body type. I have a hard time finding built dudes with a matching style (who don't look like douchebags).

If you're going to wear designer threads, you need to match the part. My opinions may change if he gets a nice trim.

Alucrid

Banned

I find it ironic when this quote is from that article

Rick Owens once said “Working out is modern couture”. Perhaps the larger lesson from that statement is that clothes shouldn’t dictate your lifestyle, your lifestyle should dictate the clothes you choose.

Also, it's not like he's draped in shit from Songs for the Mute or something.

Those are dope and if I never saw them person I would have jumped at a chance to pick them up on sale, but like mac and Alucrid stated they're bigger than they look in web shots. Thought they were much more compact until I saw them up close. Too big for me.

Here's someone wearing a pair

900x900px-LL-bbde7941_fitclrsilentanndrokva.png

Alucrid

Banned
I think the KVAs are sized similar to CP, so you generally want to size down .5-1 depending on your foot. So that could work for you.

might be worth a shot, the toebox is round and the shoes are fairly box-like. not at all like common projects, for example.

edit: if it at all helps i'm a 9 in chuck taylors and a 9/42 in the following:

balenciaga (not arena)
common projects
marc jacobs
ami

and the 9/42 van assche pair had a good amount of wiggle room compared to the rest. like, thick socks in the winter wiggle room.

Kraftwerk

I don't own a single pair of sneakers, only boots, wingtips, Oxfords, loafers and whatnot. Those are the first pair of sneakers that I really, really want. Dat price doe...oofff

Poody

I find it ironic when this quote is from that article

Also, it's not like he's draped in shit from Songs for the Mute or something.

What type of lifestyle do you think he (rick owens) lives? It goes both ways. Just cause someone wears one or two designer threads =/= mean you live that lifestyle or you look good. It looks awkward on him.

Alucrid

Banned
What type of lifestyle do you think he (rick owens) lives? It goes both ways. Just cause someone wears one or two designer threads =/= mean you live that lifestyle or you look good. It looks awkward on him.

Rick's clothes are pretty roomy and generous in many aspects, especially his pants. Obviously Rick himself lifts quite a bit, so it's not too off base for someone who lifts to gravitate towards clothes that fit him well. It's not like he can squeeze into Dior. And again, most of it isn't even that "goth ninja" or, as you've rebranded it, "dark nomad." They're pretty safe pieces, especially the leather. I mean, fuck, how many people who buy RO fit into this lifestyle that you've created in your mind. I don't even know what its supposed to be.

Both tres bien and thecorner only have KVA shoes up to 45. They just have differing ideas of what 45 means in US sizing.

I consider myself a size 12, and I have a pair of KVA size 45, and I can touch the end of the toebox with my big toe. I would not recommend to someone with size 13 feet.

Alucrid

Banned
so if my size 41 Margielas fit perfectly, am i a 40 in CPs?

I'm a 42 in mmm, 41 in cp, ymmv. /shrug

it's pretty fucked though when most of my shoe sizing is based off second hand information in comparison to other shoe sizing. probably why i just stick to mmm sneakers since i know what i need

I've seen people say they wear the same size in both cp and mmm though.

ps even styleforum is hating on the skittles jizz gats I can't wear shoes that controversial.

CFMOORE!

I'm a 42 in mmm, 41 in cp, ymmv. /shrug

it's pretty fucked though when most of my shoe sizing is based off second hand information in comparison to other shoe sizing. probably why i just stick to mmm sneakers since i know what i need

I've seen people say they wear the same size in both cp and mmm though.

ps even styleforum is hating on the skittles jizz gats I can't wear shoes that controversial.

i guess i will find out soon!

i've had 6 or so cp's through the years and i've been a 42 in all of them with the exception of last year's perforated lows which i had to go up a size. i guess it depends on how you like them to fit.

The only downside is if they don't fit you're gonna go through international shipping hell. But the guys there are AAA quality customer service.

I'm surprised no one here has brought up the coppens commons. Last chance to own these.

Poody

Rick's clothes are pretty roomy and generous in many aspects, especially his pants. Obviously Rick himself lifts quite a bit, so it's not too off base for someone who lifts to gravitate towards clothes that fit him well. It's not like he can squeeze into Dior. And again, most of it isn't even that "goth ninja" or, as you've rebranded it, "dark nomad." They're pretty safe pieces, especially the leather. I mean, fuck, how many people who buy RO fit into this lifestyle that you've created in your mind. I don't even know what its supposed to be.
I can be a snob with fashion, and especially when there's pics of dudes wearing designer threads that don't pull it off in my opinion. I'm more critical of it because I wear "that" style, and hang with people that wear the same. I'm all for people experimenting with, and getting in on this but you can't half ass it - it looks silly. And this nomadic, shiek style that you've claimed i've created, honestly it's been circulating for awhile. It all falls under the darkshadow reference.

Kraftwerk

I can be a snob with fashion, and especially when there's pics of dudes wearing designer threads that don't pull it off in my opinion. I'm more critical of it because I wear "that" style, and hang with people that wear the same. I'm all for people experimenting with, and getting in on this but you can't half ass it - it looks silly. And this nomadic, shiek style that you've claimed i've created, honestly it's been circulating for awhile. It all falls under the darkshadow reference.

No offence to you, but that is your opinion, which to them it is irrelevant. If they like that style, and enjoy wearing it, then more power to them.

Same with you, if you like living that lifestyle, and hang out only with people that live that life, then more power to you.

Alucrid

Banned

So what homogenous traits do you and your people share that make you innately meant to wear these clothes.

Poody

No offence to you, but that is your opinion, which to them it is irrelevant. If they like that style, and enjoy wearing it, then more power to them.

Same with you, if you like living that lifestyle, and hang out only with people that live that life, then more power to you.
That's fine but when you wear it, and post it on some lookbook site , than i'm going to say something.Tthis image he's trying to convey with designer threads looks silly.

Top Bottom