• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
So what homogenous traits do you and your people share that make you innately meant to wear these clothes.
Like i said, i'm a fashion snob, and i'm all for people experimenting with clothing, but don't lookbook yourself trying to look trendy.

Alucrid

Banned
Like i said, i'm a fashion snob, and i'm all for people experimenting with clothing, but don't lookbook yourself trying to look trendy.

Well you've backpedaled from "his hair and face don't match his clothes" to "don't have photos taken of you."

Poody

Poody and his posse out for a casual stroll;

Don't be alarmed by the background, they are simply in the 5th dimension, which is populated with people who live dat lifestyle.
Atleast i know what iwear and how to wear it. I'm
Not asking for someone elses recommendations

Poody

I guess it's easy to win when you make your own rules.
It's easy to spit out opinions when a dude post on lookbook tryna validate his clothing brand, and solicit comments. And yes, i do have friends that are fashion designers and coblers.

Alucrid

Banned
It's easy to spit out opinions when a dude post on lookbook tryna validate his clothing brand, and solicit comments. And yes, i do have friends that are fashion designers and coblers.

Why are you answering a question that was never asked?

Tonight I made an impulse buy and got these Navy JCrew suede wing tips. Buyers remorse has set in because I don't know what pants to wear with these shoes. What color jeans would work with them? The reason why I was even looking for shoes is I'm going to NYC this weekend and I needed a casual, but not too casual, pair of shoes for dinner. Should I just return them and go for a safe brown or tan color?

43687_BL8133

Tonight I made an impulse buy and got these Navy JCrew suede wing tips. Buyers remorse has set in because I don't know what pants to wear with these shoes. What color jeans would work with them? The reason why I was even looking for shoes is I'm going to NYC this weekend and I needed a casual, but not too casual, pair of shoes for dinner. Should I just return them and go for a safe brown or tan color?

43687_BL8133
i wouldn't wear those with jeans at all, save maybe white or very light grey. if that's a problem, switch them for a tan, which will work with just about anything.

/mfa is pretty much a joke anyways

anyways, on fitting the clothes you wear...

i guess i can understand why someone who looks nerdy would have a harder time pulling off intense gothninja steeze, but if he wants to wear it, if that style of clothing speaks to him, let him. most designers design for an audience that doesn't exist anyways. are indie rockers really wearing saint laurent? of course not, they couldn't even afford a t-shirt. when i watch a zegna show, i don't expect wealthy businessmen to buy more experimental shit, they'll end up buying a classic zenga suit instead. if anyone ends up buying the experimental shit, it wouldn't be the wordly "zegna man", but instead some young fashion student who appreciates pilati's design, and saves up for his stuff. since there is such disconnect between the intended audience and the buyer, i say that if you want it, and you can afford it, buy it. you might not look great in it, but it's not fair for someone to tell you that you aren't the intended audience, since almost no one is the intended audience anyways.

speaking of reddit and fashion, i stumbled across a private subreddit, men's high fashion or something, which requires users to supply their usernames from other forums before allowed entry. i wonder what's in there.

speaking of reddit and fashion, i stumbled across a private subreddit, men's high fashion or something, which requires users to supply their usernames from other forums before allowed entry. i wonder what's in there.

do they except gaf?

i doubt i possess the credentials, and if I need highly exclusionary fashion forums i can just browse stylezeitgeist.

thefashionspot never accepted my application ):

just be careful illithid

Andrew,

It has been brought to our attention that we need to address your participation in our community. We have been forced to delete several of your posts in the Dior Homme thread that violate the following tFS policies:

Be respectful. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with others as long as it is done respectfully and maturely, but do not attack other members in your posts or comments. Name calling of other members is absolutely not tolerated here and may result in suspension.
If you have a problem with a post or a member here, please do not deal with it on the board. Please send them an e-mail or a Private Message (PM) to discuss the matter. Or, if you do not feel comfortable with this, contact an Administrator or Moderator to help resolve or mediate the matter.

Please consider this a warning. In the event that we find further disrespect and/or bickering by you on this site, your account will be suspended.

If you care to participate in our community, we suggest you read our policies and determine if you can play by the rules. If you feel this is unfair, unjust or that we are not playing on a level playing field, we suggest you find another fashion community to participate in.

Thanks for your understanding and we look forward to your quality contributions to our community upon your return if you so choose.

Best regards,

the Mod Squad
from 2006

Hello,

One of your posts has been deleted by a forum moderator. Please review our community rules. The reason for the deletion follows at the end of this message.
tFS Mod Squad

Reason:
Empty Post - meaningful content required

Referring link:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showthread.php?p=10782219
from 2012

fuckdapolice.gif

lol iirc it wasn't anything bad, it was just some weird european dude making these weird blog poems ramblings and i kept parodying him every time he did it. place is pretty softball.

the second one was making a dick joke in a tom ford thread. COME ON.

zeopower6

If I ever got onto a forum like that, I'd just not post much outside of scans/comments on scans or images, lol. It's dangerous out there...

The European guy probably reported your posts tbh lol

overcast

Wait, navy shoes are that difficult to match with? Assumed it was pretty easy aside from blue pants/jeans? Maybe some tan pants, grey, black etc.

Was thinking of grabbing some type of blue shoe next (broad ideas right now).

You guys lost me again last page. Arguing about who gets to wear #MonksWear.

freshair

Speaking of TFS, I had an account back in the day and posted content that was from my site on a thread there and this was one of my warnings :lol

Last edited by tangerine; 17-07-2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: self-promotion, disrespecting staff

All I had was my site in my signature and hotlinked pictures from it in its appropriate thread! yeesh

overcast

I think I'm going the no shorts route again this year. Pants don't seem to affect me that negatively; and it's tough to find the right pair of shorts that go with shoes I own.

More complicated for me.

Top Bottom