• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Should I start a thread asking if I should buy this?

rsvp_acne_productshots_march262014_0000_layer-2.png

overcast

Please do. As long as you are actually considering it and not just doing it to troll. If you WANT it, that is a good cause to ask/troll a bit.

you'll probably get juniored
do it

shoes are viktor and rolf, I'd assume from ss 11.

i'm also wrapping up my fragrance journey with ds & durga's cowboy grass and mississippi medicine. the formers smells like sage and a grassy hayfield with a pinch of earthy smoke. the latter is incense and freshly cut spruce (really, it does smell exactly like spruce) and a burnt pine smell. they both start out very, very strong, almost offputting, but mellow quickly.

I really like cowboy grass. a tossup between this and tom daxon's salvia sclarea for me, but the latter is almost twice the price.

Someone should buy this Caravaggio T shirt and show one of history's greatest painters some love.

-3_off-white_t-shirts_storm_12.jpg

Funny enough I had one of the black pyrex vision hoodies. Shit was like $350 but I ended up flipping it to some dude from hypebeast for almost double. Thank god for whatever award show Kanye wore it during.

if it's the one i'm thinking of, I think it looks nice for a good summer jacket.

i like v&r; sometimes they go a little too far with the cheeky kitsch, but a lot of their stuff is different and dandy-ish in subtle, not so obvious manner.

if it's the one i'm thinking of, I think it looks nice for a good summer jacket.

i like v&r; sometimes they go a little too far with the cheeky kitsch, but a lot of their stuff is different and dandy-ish in subtle, not so obvious manner.
it's got grey detailing, overall it's not too loud or obnoxious or anything. seems like it's a good basic jacket

Are there any other companies that make bags like Herschel Supply Co.'s Cotton Canvas?

I've heard some reports of them being poor quality, and I'm not sure if I want to risk it on a $90 bag. Have any of you had experience with these bags? It will be a college backpack.

http://shop.herschelsupply.com/collections/cotton-canvas

I have one of their bags (had another but it got stolen) and it's alright for what it is. I feel like many places are making bags like that, including Target, so to spend $90 is kinda up to you I guess.

My taste for a basic backpack is a Fjallraven Kanken while I do like Chrome's rolltop backpacks because they're waterproof. The Kanken is also highly water resistant, which is why I like it a lot.

makr has a daypack for
$245
and while that is not cheap the makr items I have a durable as fuck.

also cowboy grass has dried down to this lovely deep grassy hay smell. i think it wins.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
mac, are you still interested in unloading those unwanted fragrance samples?

also, one of you rich dudes should get the '03 Helmut bondage ma-1 'cuz I think it's cool.

tumblr_lavy9hvJM11qcfueho1_1280.jpg

actually yeah I have a bunch of them, mostly unisex borderline feminine, but I'll send the whole lot your way if you want. or I can make a list later.

and I want that ma-1 but the prices people want for them shits is obnoxious. plus i just got a bomber heh.

Kraftwerk

Anyone remember those boots that were posted here last year. Black boots that looks like they were drenched in tar. Looked as if the tar had dried mid-drip.

Uh yeah, that sounds great. I don't need no list, mang. I should mail you baked goods in return!

I'll take a list though! I wanna smell like flowers and butterflies but don't know where to start

Also, Saint Laurent sent me a poster today. Like a full size poster of their monogram luggage collection. Weird.

yeah it's pretty much all the same urban-gothy streetwear i've seen before but with a better pricepoint.

related, but i don't get public school, or at least the hype around it. it's not bad, just ... expected? though i suppose it's good that they're keeping production in the us.

zeopower6

I'll take a list though! I wanna smell like flowers and butterflies but don't know where to start

Also, Saint Laurent sent me a poster today. Like a full size poster of their monogram luggage collection. Weird.

On a mailing list of preferred buyers or something?

This is similar, but the ones I remember had a little more tar ;p

lol, effe was the one who posted them.

mac hit the nail on the head though for the initial post though

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
Just discovered Daniel Andresen. Had to pick it up. Anyone know where else sells brand?

sprat-jersey-pant.jpg

trench-scarfed-cardigan.jpg

overcast

Looks like MonkWear to me.

Is there a proper guide to tucking in a shirt? Or do any of you know of any tips/videos? I feel like I'm always left with a more wrinkled shirt and the muffin effect on the shirt.

I have an outfit that would look better with a tucked shirt (still looks good w/o though).

When might Acne things go on sale? Have never bought anything from them before but they have a camo jacket I like but 460 is more than I can afford, especially for something I would wear so rarely.

Any hoodie suggestions in the 200 dollar range? Thanks for the help as always.

NinjaBoiX

I've been after this for a while, then my housemate came home yesterday wearing it:

3MMH9kc.jpg

Wounded!

Anyone know of a similar olive green jacket for under £100? I can't wear the same one!
Just discovered Daniel Andresen. Had to pick it up. Anyone know where else sells brand?

sprat-jersey-pant.jpg

trench-scarfed-cardigan.jpg
Wow, really not feeling this stuff at all, it looks cobbled together out of bits of material found lying around. As overcast said, it looks like monk wear.

And the model needs some sun, jeez!

the corner stocks it

http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/jacket_cod41421510ue.html

and they're usually the first to discount stuff ime

re: hoodies, john elliot? more streetwear-oriented than say reigning champ and etc.

Great, thanks!

Wish they had the fullzip in white but the hooded villain is quite nice. Really like some of the stuff on his site. Bookmarked for future reference.

Have 2 pairs of nudie jeans that I really like but how do their denim jackets fare?

Kraftwerk

His fit looks really terrible to me, everything is too loose. Maybe I am saying that because I like clean lines, just looking at his pants all crumpled up at the shoe makes me cringe.

Top Bottom