• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

That tie is really long though.

Yeah, I didn't pull the length correctly, unfortunately I didn't notice at the time :/

You can tell I never ever wear a tie for anything. First time in 3 years lol.

I am super happy with my purchase and want to thank everyone again. The dope bag for the suit is great as well. I got tons of compliments and everyone wanted to know where it was from.

Now back to my fitted t's, levis and new balances

I feel like I should upgrade my socks and underwear, I've neglected that part of my wardrobe

I'm pretty fond of my no-show socks from Uniqlo (they have both a thinner loafer sock as well as a slightly thicker) as well as their low-rise trunks. I also wear underwear from AA.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Clarks is a solid option. Never heard of wish.com but one look on the front page shows a lot of those dubious looking korean jackets that are notorious for being bad in every way.
How are they bad? Genuinely curious here. And for Clarks, would you recommend Wallabees (Wu Stan here lol)?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Man, Wallabees look so good, but I can't decide between the Brown Oil Leather, the Black Suede, or the Beeswax Leather?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Those jackets look good in the pictures but don't fit well IRL and are so cheaply made it's not even worth it. Clarks are pretty sweet it's just your choice of what you like.
I wasn't really looking at it for the jackets, but more so the dress shirts. They're pretty cheap, and seem to look good.

http://www.wish.com/#cid=52849412b5baba49f274ca51

I'm a fashion novice, but I need to start buying more dress shirts for professional reasons. On that note, anyone here have any recommendations for well fitting dress shirts that are affordable?

And here's another novice question, I shouldn't get suede boots, because the rain will ruin them, right?

I wasn't really looking at it for the jackets, but more so the dress shirts. They're pretty cheap, and seem to look good.

http://www.wish.com/#cid=52849412b5baba49f274ca51

I'm a fashion novice, but I need to start buying more dress shirts for professional reasons. On that note, anyone here have any recommendations for well fitting dress shirts that are affordable?

And here's another novice question, I shouldn't get suede boots, because the rain will ruin them, right?

Depending on how cheap you're talking the best place for me is uniqlo. Suede can be messed up by getting wet but you could get a suede protector spray which is like a liquid repellant. It's probably easier not to get suede if you're worried about it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Depending on how cheap you're talking the best place for me is uniqlo. Suede can be messed up by getting wet but you could get a suede protector spray which is like a liquid repellant. It's probably easier not to get suede if you're worried about it.
Uniqlo has a sale on oxford slim long sleeve shirts. Would you recommend that?

One last question (sorryf or all this, but you've been really helpful). Should I go with ligh blue or pink? I've never really owned a pink shirt before, but I was thinking why not?

Light blue oxford is a must have for any man. Pink is okay too but I would wait until I got other colors.

zeopower6

Looks to me like XL fits better. Same type of shirt, different design. I decided to try it to see which one I would return. I took pictures quick, since I need to leave.

I did the last one for comparisons sake to the L I posted last week. Thoughts? My feet made their debut too.

Looks like it fits a bit better! Would have thought the difference between L/XL would be bigger but I guess you should go XL with them from now on ~_~

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Light blue oxford is a must have for any man. Pink is okay too but I would wait until I got other colors.
I think I'm going to go for a pink right now. I already ordered a light blue shirt from another store. If the pink fits well, then I'll order a few more colors at the same size, including light blue.

overcast

Looks like it fits a bit better! Would have thought the difference between L/XL would be bigger but I guess you should go XL with them from now on ~_~
Yeah, lol XL is great for both shirts. That's my go to size from Zara now. Weird.

Soul, light blue oxford has probably been my most consistently great wear since I got it.

Also, Bam Bam, you wear any Blazers gear ;]

When do you think Surf Saturdays NYC will have a sale? I want a few of their shirts so bad :/

I have two of their shirts, though I've bought them at full price. I wanted a pair of their boardshorts, but missed out on them.

Bought this one a few weeks ago, something simple:

The other is the black & white heart on the grey t-shirt in this pic:
blog_SaturdaysTee.jpg

not sure if the sidewalls are painted white or just white by default. i would personally paint a white pair eggshell vs bright white. the very slight difference might be cool as it wears.

Top Bottom