• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

those mids look fine to me, unlike the repugnant og mids

speaking of shooz, i wonder when ssense will make prices more gooder so i can buy some summer CPs.

You mean these mugs?

44323577ni_14_f.jpg

Isn't ssense sale in the summer?

I've been meaning to try those but my local Nordstrom's stopped stocking them. You wouldn't happen to know who else carries them physically to try on?

Neiman Marcus and Barneys. I don't remember where you're from but I think you said SF so there's probably numerous small boutiques that carry them.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Was kinda disappointed in the shopping during my short trip to San Fran last week. Didn't really see much I wanted, even in the obscenely expensive shops where I could only pretend. Nobody carried jeans in my size. Bought a shirt at Bloomingdales and had to return it after finding a hole in the front. Uniqlo seemed bland as hell for the most part, although I got a SPRZ Keith Harring shirt that's nice and is perfectly sized for an XS, i.e. the correct fucking length which something I don't think any other tee manufacturer gets right.

Yohji Y-3 sneaks are pretty rad looking in person, I will say that much.

Was kinda disappointed in the shopping during my short trip to San Fran last week. Didn't really see much I wanted, even in the obscenely expensive shops where I could only pretend. Nobody carried jeans in my size. Bought a shirt at Bloomingdales and had to return it after finding a hole in the front. Uniqlo seemed bland as hell for the most part, although I got a SPRZ Keith Harring shirt that's nice and is perfectly sized for an XS, i.e. the correct fucking length which something I don't think any other tee manufacturer gets right.

Yohji Y-3 sneaks are pretty rad looking in person, I will say that much.
Yeah Uniqlo's collection right now isn't very exciting. Did you make it to MAAS & Stacks?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Yeah, Maas seemed like a nice place, although it was mostly the same kind of stuff we were finding on the racks on Market St. Boyfriend was in the hunt for a new leather jacket, but he never found anything he liked. I got the impression a lot of this mid- and high-end clothing is designed either too intentionally gaudy/flashy/trashy or just simply dull without much landing in that "perfect style" category.

My own issues with the cost : actual value on this stuff is probably what keeps me from ever being able to fully buy into what these places are selling (both figuratively and literally, hah). Even if I could drop, like, $300 on a shirt and $1500 on a nylon jacket, I don't think I could justify it.

Yeah, Maas seemed like a nice place, although it was mostly the same kind of stuff we were finding on the racks on Market St. Boyfriend was in the hunt for a new leather jacket, but he never found anything he liked. I got the impression a lot of this mid- and high-end clothing is designed either too intentionally gaudy/flashy/trashy or just simply dull without much landing in that "perfect style" category.

My own issues with the cost : actual value on this stuff is probably what keeps me from ever being able to fully buy into what these places are selling (both figuratively and literally, hah). Even if I could drop, like, $300 on a shirt and $1500 on a nylon jacket, I don't think I could justify it.
I haven't made it in myself, just looked at the brands online and it seemed neat. I'm having some trouble finding a store I really like around here too so I know where you're coming from

Hey fashion gaf.

I need a pair of all purpose boots for my upcoming europe trip. Since i'm taking another pair just for various outdoor music festivals, i'll need something to wear: on the plane, walking around, dining, and clubbing. Essentially a delicate balance of comfort, aesthetics, and durability.

Had these possibly in mind. Yes/No? Suggestions for alternatives?

you don't think one/both will make it to the sales? in that case go for the first one but both are nice and i don't think either are big at all going by the pics

speaking of shirts my three alex mill shirts arrived (two dove grey, one white). they're basically hanes-but-better, though the shirts have a very nice slub texture that you don't really see in store photos. it's also a plus that the dove heather is 100% cotton vs a cotton/poly blend.

also I got them from unionmade; so far totokaeloman has the best packing I've yet encountered.

NinjaBoiX

Nice fit mac.

Close, neat neckline, good length sleeves that don't ride up at the sides (I hate the look of wonky diagonal sleeves on tees) and not too baggy.

Top Bottom