• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

thanks brehs. might get another white and two washed black and call it good. i like hanes for what they are but i've had two hemlines shred on me after one wash.
Speaking of, where can I find some nice, soft white t-shirts that AREN'T see-through?

/ethnicnipples
I'll do a street report of my white one tomorrow. hopefully the slub reduces brown nip visibility.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What do you guys think? Everyday work dress shoes that can also double on decent occasions for more formal wear. Don't care about comfort.

13789302028031578247175.jpeg

Or

417Q1zGTeML._SX395_.jpg

What do you guys think? Everyday work dress shoes that can also double on decent occasions for more formal wear. Don't care about comfort.

13789302028031578247175.jpeg

Or

417Q1zGTeML._SX395_.jpg
don't know what your budget is but it's usually best to keep it simple for formal purposes, ie, captoe or medallion toe at most. "Formal" shoes usually don't have anything on them at all.

zwmSlxM.jpg

NinjaBoiX

Take the collar off, leave the sleeves.

I don't really see the point and it's not a particularly nice jacket IMO but eh, it's a thing I guess.

I've had a couple of detachable sleeve jackets (kva and something else I can't remember) and it didn't bother me, but it was completely something I never once did. I think it will make a nice casual summer jacket tho

adam-kimmel-washed-cottonlinen-bomber-jacket-product-1-10411231-679909166_large_flex.jpeg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Sorry for bugging you guys constantly, but I'm really trying to step my fashion game up.

I got the uniqlo oxford pink shirt, and I love it. I'm planning on picking up the blue (or light blue really, I guess) one, as well, but I want to pick up another one, as well, and I'm debating between light gray and the navy. I was leaning towards the navy, but I already have a navy colored shirt similar to it, and I'm picking up some gray jeans that I think would work really well with the light gray shirt, so I'm leaning towards picking that up now. What do you guys think?

Here's the shirt, for reference.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/men/tops/c...slim-fit-long-sleeve-shirt-088587.html#69-003

SoulPlaya

more money than God
the mustard would be ok, though I would go with a slightly darker grey if I could.

sticking with uniqlo, I'd go with these

goods_67_086451

goods_56_075312
I'll take that into consideration, but I really like the pants that I posted. I have others like them (different colors), and they fit me well and look great. I don't want to gamble again.

Now, are you saying I should get the mustard pants? I would be wearing them with beeswax leather Clark Wallabees, btw. Do you mean I should get a darker gray shirt, or darker gray pants (instead of the mustard)?

first coat of paint is on the DIY MMM x Converse, looking surprisingly good. The sidewalls, eyelets, and round logo are the only things making me go back to put on a second coat or else I'd be done

I tried on a pair of nudies at a retail store today and the price tag was $240!

ASOS is having a crazy sale for students right now 25% off everything, and
I got a pair of crappy sunglasses, and TWO pairs of nudies for 300 bucks total.

yeayuh!

NinjaBoiX

Love these. Anything similar-ish that's more like 100 dollars?
Hmm, I had a little look, and saw these Kenzo ones that are very similar but only $100 cheaper:

ajl1j5T.jpg

http://www.ssense.com/men/product/kenzo/blue_leather_low_top_circuit_sneakers/94978

Or at the far other end of the scale and not all that similar but only $45:

Uvw9uBR.jpg

http://m.adidas.com/us/mobile/product/mens-neo-vulc-toe-low-shoes/GAE80?cid=F38230&breadcrumb=

The colour is a lot darker, they aren't leather and that dotted pattern is probably an acquired taste, but other than that they're exactly the same!

Just thought they were similar and cheap enough to be worth including.

So I just checked my bank account and there's no history of my tbs purchase on there anymore. It just disappeared not pending or anything but the package shipped on Friday.

Hm I'll have to reconsider my nudies purchases then. I got them off ASOS so returning them should be easy enough.

I'm 5'10" and about 148 lbs so I'm pretty fucking skinny. I usually wear levi's 510s, and the nudies tight long johns fit pretty well.

I know people hate on skinny jeans, but man I look like David Byrne when I'm not wearing them.

Any other jeans that are actually skinny?

Hm I'll have to reconsider my nudies purchases then. I got them off ASOS so returning them should be easy enough.

I'm 5'10" and about 148 lbs so I'm pretty fucking skinny. I usually wear levi's 510s, and the nudies tight long johns fit pretty well.

I know people hate on skinny jeans, but man I look like David Byrne when I'm not wearing them.

Acne just released a super skinny fit.

In other news, I really want this scarf

And Aitor Throup is going to G-Star Raw? What's up with that?

Sobriquet

501s are baggy on me too. Levi's 510, 511, and 513 are much better.

They only people that hate on skinny jeans are the ones who still dress like it's the fucking 90's and they're still 16 years old.

overcast

Those Margiela sneakers are terrific. Damnnn.

Illithid and Mac both went out for tepid posts, disappointing. Going to miss them around here for a bit.

Top Bottom