• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Can shoes like this only be worn with long pants?
Out here, they were made to be worn with shorts. The idea was that the "longer" ankles stopped the lank gras (long grass) from scratching you/making you itchie. Most of the Afrikaaners out here wear them with extremely short shorts. They're the people you'll often hear referred to as Boers.

Alucrid

Banned
time to go to work

3suzjKxl.jpg

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
To Boot quality isn't that great- go with AE or something instead.

It's good if you can get it for about half price (I got mine at 60% off). Full price I agree, just got with Allen Edmonds.

Hmm ok thanks. I need to wear these to a wedding coming up, but I'll probably put them aside afterward and keep an eye out at Nordstrom for some Allen Edmonds that I like and swap for them.

The salesperson spoke pretty highly of the quality of the TBNYs (on par with the AEs), and the price different between the AEs I was looking at and the TBNYs I bought was pretty minimal, so it's not like she was just saying that for the extra commission or anything. Oh well.

Oh also, someone recommended AE Strands, but it looks like those are cap toe. Where do those sit on a dressy-to-casual scale compared to wingtips? Can I still wear them with both a suit or with jeans?

Boken

Banned
captoe >> dressy >> wingtip
unadorned >> dressy >> brogue
oxford >> dressy >> derby
black >> dressy >> brown
---

ae strands = captoe brogue - so basically can go with a suit or jeans (but not business formal)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
To Boot quality isn't that great- go with AE or something instead.

point/counter-point

I had some To Boot moccs that were some of the best shoes I've ever owned. I also have some of their boots and love 'em. No issues whatsoever with the quality after 1+ year.

It is, in fact, acceptable not to buy THE ABSOLUTE BEST TOP OF THE LINE.

Boken

Banned
point/counter-point

I had some To Boot moccs that were some of the best shoes I've ever owned. I also have some of their boots and love 'em. No issues whatsoever with the quality after 1+ year.

It is, in fact, acceptable not to buy THE ABSOLUTE BEST TOP OF THE LINE.

arent they the same price almost

friday

How much are those belts? Reason I ask is I would rather get something from the likes of Filson or Tanner goods, but the Diesel ones could be cheaper. Not A big fan of either one personally.

As far as the Jacket, I like the first one more.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
nope
nope

and i dont like the texture on the grey blazer so probably the flannel (but im not a fan of black blazers!)

I'm not sure about the belt and watch personally. The first blazer seems cool.

How much are those belts? Reason I ask is I would rather get something from the likes of Filson or Tanner goods, but the Diesel ones could be cheaper. Not A big fan of either one personally.

As far as the Jacket, I like the first one more.
I bought the first blazer and watch. I love the style of it. The black belt is 77.85 and the blue is 88.19

Wish the belt was in white.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C1ZULEW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Alright fellas, I'm flying to Mykonos on Saturday for a week and I need to know what clothes to pack with me. Anyone been there and have suggestions? I'm guessing I'll be wearing swim trunks for most of the day as I chill at the beach bar, but I may take a few pairs of shorts (I have a khaki pair and a green pair) along with some polo shirts and t-shirts. Not sure if button up shirts are practical for the beach.

My clothing for the nightlife is a lot easier to figure out as I'll be in clubs mainly, but I'm not really sure what to wear on the beach.

Oof, this may be a good option for the beach actually.

Not sure if button up shirts are practical for the beach.
I don't know if its just me but lately I've been noticing more and more people doing this. They'll wear a good pear of slops or boat shoes with some short shorts and a button up shirt. Quite often the sleeves will be rolled up. Its a rocking lock actually, just wish I could wear shorts..

Lirlond

I don't know if its just me but lately I've been noticing more and more people doing this. They'll wear a good pear of slops or boat shoes with some short shorts and a button up shirt. Quite often the sleeves will be rolled up. Its a rocking lock actually, just wish I could wear shorts..

I wore it myself not too long ago. It works. But its super preppy lol

I hate the fedoras that are in with nerds now. The brims are too small. I have a custom fedora from the 30's that belonged to my grandfather. It's beautiful. Would never wear it though but it doesn't look like shit like those hats nerds wear.

You guys think I should get anything for success in school?

See I'm a Vet. So I spend a lot of time on the campus VA resource center. Dressing nice is a must because I have to look better than a bunch of bumming ass ex-military dudes. I'm sure most of them don't even own jeans.

Alucrid

Banned
See I'm a Vet. So I spend a lot of time on the campus VA resource center. Dressing nice is a must because I have to look better than a bunch of bumming ass ex-military dudes. I'm sure most of them don't even own jeans.

I don't think animals care what you wear as you stuck your finger up their

oh that sort of vet

I don't think animals care what you wear as you stuck your finger up their

oh that sort of vet

The head of the resource center mistakenly named the booth during club week "Vet Club." We got a lot of skinny weird nerds trying to join the club.

EDIT: How do A.P.C. denim fit around the crotch area?

overcast

Debating whether to get those slim chinos from J. Crew or to pick up some shirts for school next week.

Decisions. I could really use new pants, but it's a bigger cut of my pay check.

Top Bottom