• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

NinjaBoiX

Illithid and Mac both went out for tepid posts, disappointing. Going to miss them around here for a bit.
I dunno man, mac's was a fairly racist stereotype joke. I mean, I thought it was quite funny, but I can totally see a mod deeming it unacceptable. It a shame because I like mac, but quite often people lose sight of the rules and objective thinking when a pal gets banned. It happens fairly often in britgaf:

"Gasp, 'x' is banned? This is an outrage!! His post wasn't even that bad."

"Um, yeah it was. He broke the rules, he got banned, simple as that. I know he's a pal, but come on, look at it logically."

I can't even tell why Illithid was banned, lol.

overcast

I mean, he definitely shouldn't have said that, but it wasn't super offensive to me. The whole thing kind of flew over my head though, I think. Both of those banned threads were bizarre and cut short right quick.

tumblr_n52horGCG61qg4knho1_500.jpg
Where do I get this shirt? I love it. It's river island, I just can't find the actual shirt for sale. Hopefully it's not crazy and out of my range.

NinjaBoiX

Ah sweet, thanks Bam.

£160 isn't astronomically expensive either. Still probably a little more than I'd choose to spend but thanks for sharing.

I actually saw some pure white hi-top All-Stars in Foot Locker of all places. Easily the most tasteful shoes in there and at around £60 would achieve a similar look. I might bite.

Edit:

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
why is the zipper longer than the jacket

pocket on the sleeve is bad, too. that zipper though... people would get fired for junk like that under rational circumstances.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
Chronicles of Never completely fell off the map. I haven't seen anything inspiring the past 2 seasons...creative bankrupt. Still make good shoes though.

The track/bomber jacket could have been good absent of the zipper pocket on the sleeve. Present day bomber jackets keep it minimal.

So I bought a pair of brown leather shoes about 6 months ago and never wore them because I didn't have items to match and compliment them. Also bought a pair of Zara chino's that someone here posted and liked. Put the two together and I need some feedback. Thoughts?

Don't kill me GAF!

NinjaBoiX

So I bought a pair of brown leather shoes about 6 months ago and never wore them because I didn't have items to match and compliment them. Also bought a pair of Zara chino's that someone here posted and liked. Put the two together and I need some feedback. Thoughts?

Don't kill me GAF!
Those shoes are great, just my kind of thing. I like really casual sneaker-looking shoes.

Looks really good man!

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Where do I get this shirt? I love it. It's river island, I just can't find the actual shirt for sale. Hopefully it's not crazy and out of my range.

So I emailed River Island about this a few days ago and their response was, I shit you not, essentially "We have no idea what the deal with that shirt is and have never sold it."

It's supposed to have been part of this year's Holloway Road collection but maybe never actually made it into production?

Don't kill me GAF!

Chinos/slacks with untucked button up shirt looks sloppy imo

Nobody probably remembers, but I was attempting to hunt down a burgundy field jacket a while back, but there were very few options and what there were was incredibly expensive. I came across this jacket today:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I42E61K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.vedoneire.com/mens-wax-jacket-3050-in-black-brown-burgundy/

Vedoneire Burgundy/Maroon/Oxblood(???) Wax Jacket

3050__79326.1392725587.320.320.jpg

It's £100 on Vedoneire's site, but $160 on Amazon. However, I've never heard of this company and have no clue as to the quality. It's definitely cheaper than Barbour and I'm running under the assumption that you get what you pay for. It also comes in dark brown and black. Thoughts?

3050b__57013.1386071675.320.320.jpg

3050_brown__34819.1381313009.320.320.jpg

3050_OXBLOOD__48934.1392051715.320.320.jpg

Black Dress Shoes - where are the good ones? they are all so fucking ugly
(...only went into aldo's.).
I''m guessing the store with good black ones will have great browns.

Antagon

Black Dress Shoes - where are the good ones? they are all so fucking ugly
(...only went into aldo's.).
I''m guessing the store with good black ones will have great browns.

Budget is 500? Alden and Allen Edmonds are the go to brands in the US. Alden is the more expensive and higher quality if the two, but both are supposed to be great.

I might actually pick up some AE strands when I'm in the US. Going by pics, they seem far better then the shoes I see around here for that price.

^ I'd go for the suede.

overcast

I'm looking hard for t-shirts lately. Any alternate sites (aside from the "usuals") that can fill the affordable t-shirt price. 40 or under preferably.

It's about to get hot as hell, and I have too many basics.

Has anyone bought jackets from Wilsons Leather before? They always seem to have jackets on for dirt cheap.

Picked up these over the weekend..

W0365.png

Nice! I got Squared Clubmasters last week, they're the best fitting sunglasses I own. The round ones like yours looked odd on me, but the square ones are perfect. How are you liking yours?

713132586457_shad_qt

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What the hell is off white? I'm trying to pick up another uniqlo oxford, and I have no idea what off white actually looks like. Is it just a dirty looking white?

Top Bottom