• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Fashion GAF, I have a question. Is it the end of the world if my short torso ends up leaving the 2nd bottom most button just above my pants? : ( I just tried three different brands, same problem.

7Fc27ou.jpg

NinjaBoiX

Roshe.

I Personally got these myself, but if I hadnt the Roshe would be my choice. I see them everywhere now.

nike-free-inneva-woven-newsprint-blue-00.jpg
See, these are funky running shoes for me. I quite like the styling, but I can't imagine they work with many outfits. They're too bright and "sporty" looking for me.

I'm with cat pee, I'm all for classic designs with minimalist styling. My hi-tops are quite loud for my usual tastes, but they're a fairly classic design, particularly my red and white Nike Backboard II's, so it kind of balances out.

Opinions though innit.

_Isaac

So I decided to buy some new pants since my old pants are starting to fit me kind of big. I heard Levi's 508 were the holy grail for big thighs, so I got a pair. They fit very nice on the waist, and a little snug on my legs, but lawd I won't be able to climb up the stairs to work tomorrow. Very disappointed in these so-called holy grail pants.

I probably should've tried 505s. :/

JimiNutz

Banned
When it comes to fashion I'm extremely lazy.
I like buying shit from one store/brand brand because I hate shopping around in multiple places and trying stuff on.

I wear basic shit. Straight cut jeans, pair of boots, plain t-shirts etc.
I'm looking for a store in the UK where I can get some nice jeans and t-shirts.

I'm more concerned with quality (as in well made clothes) rather than what's 'in' at the moment.

In terms of budget I don't wanna pay more than £80 for a pair of jeans and £30 for a t-shirt.

Amy suggestions?

I've read the OP and I'm not looking for sites like ASOS that sell multiple brands. I want one brand so that I know all the shit is fit and cut the same and I don't have to worry about a large actually being a medium or jeans being too baggy/tight. As I said, I'm lazy which is why I want the shit from one brand/store so that I can buy almost everything under one roof.

Just good quality, reasonably priced basic clothing.
Not being overly 'hipster' would help too. Im a regular dude, 6ft and weigh 83kg/13 stone/182lbs (not sure if that even matters?...)

People have suggested Superdry and Abercrombie but I know that stuff won't be popular on here.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

When it comes to fashion I'm extremely lazy.
I like buying shit from one store/brand brand because I hate shopping around in multiple places and trying stuff on.

I wear basic shit. Straight cut jeans, pair of boots, plain t-shirts etc.
I'm looking for a store in the UK where I can get some nice jeans and t-shirts.

I'm more concerned with quality (as in well made clothes) rather than what's 'in' at the moment.

In terms of budget I don't wanna pay more than £80 for a pair of jeans and £30 for a t-shirt.

Amy suggestions?

I've read the OP and I'm not looking for sites like ASOS that sell multiple brands. I want one brand so that I know all the shit is fit and cut the same and I don't have to worry about a large actually being a medium or jeans being too baggy/tight. As I said, I'm lazy which is why I want the shit from one brand/store so that I can buy almost everything under one roof.

Just good quality, reasonably priced basic clothing.
Not being overly 'hipster' would help too. Im a regular dude, 6ft and weigh 83kg/13 stone/182lbs (not sure if that even matters?...)

People have suggested Superdry and Abercrombie but I know that stuff won't be popular on here.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

I suggest COS or uniqlo. Superdry is awful quality and abercrombie is just lame regardless of quality.

http://www.cosstores.com/gb/Shop/Men
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/

NinjaBoiX

I suggest COS or uniqlo. Superdry is awful quality and abercrombie is just lame regardless of quality.

http://www.cosstores.com/gb/Shop/Men
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/
I can't agree with this.

I have a t-shirt that is made of quality cotton, is well stitched and the print hasn't cracked at all, a jacket that is similarly well made and a pretty nice belt.

It's not exactly top of the range quality, but it's far from awful in my experience. The garments I have seem to be in pretty much the same shape and condition as when I bought them. It's good gear from a quality POV. Of course the aesthetics are an acquired taste.

NinjaBoiX

I've seen superdry stuff in person a bunch of times and it just looks like tattered rags. The cotton shirts felt like notebook paper.
I can't speak for the shirts, and I only have three garments, but the first thing that stuck out was the quality to be honest!

The tee in particular is a great fit, a nice heavy gauge cotton, all the stitching is done with decent, thick thread, and the print is really flexible so it doesn't crack.

It's pretty much like the day I bought it and I've had it for a few years and worn it fairly regularly.

JimiNutz

Banned
Thanks for all the input so far.
I think I'm gonna have to not be lazy and just go to a bunch of shops and take a look around.

All I want is some nice t-shirts, jeans and maybe a light summer jacket.

Think I'll go to Westfield so that it's all under one roof and just go to the different stores and see what I like.

CFMOORE!

How often are Belstaff and Barbour jackets discounted like... 90%?

i've never seen those kinds of prices unless you're talking used on ebay, then maybe. but new at an online retailer, never. but i am not as ninja as some people here when it comes to bargain hunting. you want it, just pay the price, honestly.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What the hell is British khaki color? I need to get some khaki color pants, and I'm trying to pick up the Docker's D1 Slim fits, but I'm not sure if this is a good color.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Looking for some footwear tips, recently bought these KG tulse derby

I think I can wear these with shorts in summer? If so what kind of socks should I go for? No show? Ankle/trainer where a slither of sock is visible?

I was tempted to get some brightly coloured ones like these but wondered if they were too long. The no socks look is in or not?

Any general sock tips or recommendations for this season?

h3ro

BTW, anyone here have any opinions on Dockers D1 pants?

I have a couple pairs of Alpha Slims from Dockers, material isn't all that great (especially compared with the Land End Canvas models I posted early) but they come in some great color/pattern options. Nice for the summer and for beating up on a casual day.

Top Bottom