• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Saw this pop up while browsing some sneaker sites. I actually think these are pretty cool and would possibly get the Purcells. The shoes are painted white and will crack with wear to show off some color. They're releasing this coming Friday.

Maison Martin Margiela x Converse collaboration

chuck-taylor-converse-margiela-2014-02.jpg
I'm actually in the middle of making my own pair of these

Can't wait to see how they turn out. These'll be dropping at Converse San Francisco so you can check these out as well for possible inspiration. From the pics, looks like they went with mismatched pairs.
I really should have had mine done weeks ago, but I've gotten lazy and don't particularly like dealing with paint on my hands haha. Should be done by next week though

Shiv47

I typically do a lot of plain color tees and various colors of non-cargo pocket shorts in the summer. You guys have any good places to get good, slim fitting, tees? Most of mine are Target, somehow they actually have solid shirts there.

Uniqlo has good tees if you're looking for slim fitting and cheap. Several colors, crew or v-neck, and so on.

Alucrid

Banned
Ninja brings a lot to the table for me though.

I am fashion inspired by the lot of you overall of course. Helps to get multiple opinions from the different perspectives, all these sites. Sometimes despite being broke, the expensive shit certainly is fun to look at.

We're missing Mac and ill though.
dont worry soon

Is "this coming friday" this friday or next? if it's this friday I'll get them done tonight or tomorrow so I can still say it

It's in the PR link, but May 23rd is the release date for Converse SF, Soho and Santa Monica. It's also going to be at MMM stores and select Converse retailers.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
Can't say enough about this brand. Love that he makes his own material. Bought these threads, even though tend to shy away from cardigans.

N1BF3iM.jpg

rB1mPRQ.jpg

1uhQ33P.jpg

NinjaBoiX

Ninja brings a lot to the table for me though.
I wouldn't pay too much heed to Bam being negative about me chief, he's still bitter that I took the piss out of his shiny jacket, leopard print shirt and other assorted snazzy garments.

Plus, he's intimidated by my superlative fashion sense.

I do miss Mac though, he's a funny guy who wears cool clothes.
Looks really poor quality to me. The back of that cardigan looks like it's a hand-me-down for the 1950's.

So guys, I would like to invest in a quality pair of sunglasses. Never ever had a great pair, always the cheapo ones. Any suggestions? I have a bit of a fatter face so I'm wondering what a good pair would be for me. I wouldn't mind spending 100+ if need be. Just looking for a quality pair.

pic for reference (on the left)

thanksssssssssss

I wouldn't pay too much heed to Bam being negative about me chief, he's still bitter that I took the piss out of his shiny jacket, leopard print shirt and other assorted snazzy garments.

Plus, he's intimidated by my superlative fashion sense.

If that's what you wanna tell yourself to feel better then go ahead buddy.

giga

So guys, I would like to invest in a quality pair of sunglasses. Never ever had a great pair, always the cheapo ones. Any suggestions? I have a bit of a fatter face so I'm wondering what a good pair would be for me. I wouldn't mind spending 100+ if need be. Just looking for a quality pair.

pic for reference (on the left)

thanksssssssssss

warby parker

spootime

This is the first time ive ever posted in this thread and I'm not even sure if this is the right place for this. Im trying to decide on a new pair of sunglasses. I just bought a pair of black frame ray ban aviators with a green tint lens. But I'm having second thoughts.

Is black frame / blackish lenses an ok combo? Or should I instead go for gold frame/brown lens or something.

Second: You guys think I should go for wayfarers instead? I just dont like wayfarers all that much because I have a pretty big nose and I feel like they just make it look bigger. That might just be me being insecure though.

Here's a picture of what I bought pretty much:
rayban_aviator2_black_g15xlt_sunglasses.jpg

Im a tall white guy with brown hair if it matters.

Kraftwerk

Anyone here own a pair of Wolverine 1000 mile boots? Having a weird issue.

I own a lot of boots from different brands. They all break in fairly fast and become super comfortable.

The Wolverines though, are still super stiff. I have been wearing them daily for over a month now, and they remain exactly the same as day one. It's not that they are uncomfortable, but compared to all my other boots, I feel the stiffness, which is somewhat annoying.

Are there any special method to break in leather boots. Such as specific waxes you guys recommend to soften them up?

NinjaBoiX

People washing denim after every wear pains my heart.
I'm all about the middle ground, every month or so. But some of the people in that thread trying to defend never washing them ever is just comical. It's like they don't understand human biology or something.

I'm all for extending the life of your clothes, but "just don't wash them" is lunacy.
Does it really matter what they do to their Wrangler jeans?
This is the other thing. "But they were really expensive though." Well if they're such good quality you'd think they could withstand occasionally being subjected to such corrosive substances as water and soap a few times a year then.

Very few(no one?) people are actually talking about never cleaning their jeans across years of use. There are just ways of doing so other than throwing them into a washer every day like most people in that thread think is the right way.

NinjaBoiX

Very few(no one?) people are actually talking about never cleaning their jeans across years of use. There are just ways of doing so other than throwing them into a washer every day like most people in that thread think is the right way.
There were a few people saying they never wash them at all actually. Naked Snake never does and he goes commando. (Sorry, that's so vile. Bare arse and penis rattling around inside your jeans all day, and you never wash them ever? Absolutely disgusting.)

And it just amuses me that the main vocal detractors against washing are those that apparently buy "quality" jeans. How come I wash my "Wrangler" shit pretty much like I wash the rest of my clothes without a problem?

The main reason one buys raw denim is to build fades that are unique to you. It's not like putting a pair of "quality" denim in the washer causes them to disintegrate. It just hurts the chance of creating unique fades if done early on, and can create unwanted marks if done by too vigorous a washer. Handwashing prevents that from happening.

NinjaBoiX

Fair enough.

I guess I'd rather just wear shitty jeans! That way I can wash them without having to handle them with kid gloves and they won't smell like, well, a pair of jeans that haven't been washed for months.

fuenf

edit: nevermind, just bought it. I'm a man, I can rock a big bag.

I need your help Fashion-GAF. I'm currently looking for a new everyday messenger bag or backpack. The primary use will be for my daily commute to work by car or bicycle. I like the Crumpler (Europe) Muli Courier bag but I'm not sure if the bag isnt too big. What do you think?

Unfortunately I've no way to test it in a store, so all I can go by are the pics from the crumpler homepage.

more pics at: http://www.crumpler.eu/index.cfm?seite=messenger&Muli-Courier&productID=8682&sprache=DE

I go to checkout and I see this. Opening Ceremony is such a piece of shit it's beyond even explaining. I could code a better website by pounding my dick into the keyboard.

ocww-backsoon.gif

BumRush

FashionGAF,

I'm looking for an "every day" wingtip...I have these already (for more formal / work) and was thinking about this or this...thoughts? Something ELSE I should consider? My price range is preferably < $250. THANKS!

Kraftwerk

Bam Bam, I somehow missed your posts about the Opening Ceremony sale on Patrik Ervell.

Anyway..

Fuck it, grabbing this. Been talking about for 2 months ago.

Patrik Ervell Aviator Jacket, come to me!

Top Bottom