• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Where can I get glasses like Cutler?

madmen-703-cutler-325.jpg

Was gonna post this on Sneaker GAF, but saw that there was some interest on these here.

Day 1 in my pair of Margiela x Converse Jack Purcell in white/biking red. Was advised to go TTS on these but ended up going down a size (which I tend to do with Converse) as I'll either go sockless or wear thin no show socks when wearing them.

NinjaBoiX

Was gonna post this on Sneaker GAF, but saw that there was some interest on these here.
Woah, there is a sneakersGAF? Will check it out, 90% of my posts in here refer to a sneakers!

I like those by the way, the toe cap is pleasingly different for that type of shoe.

Antagon

In planning to try on some strands this week.
Anyone got tips on the best places in nyc for that? Should I Just go to an ae store or are there shops that generally have better deals?

Also picked up some RRL rinsed slimfit jeans yesterday. Really nice and versatile, dat plus the fit works better for me then any of the APC and N&F fits. The denim is quite nice as well.

LJ11

In planning to try on some strands this week.
Anyone got tips on the best places in nyc for that? Should I Just go to an ae store or are there shops that generally have better deals?

Also picked up some RRL rinsed slimfit jeans yesterday. Really nice and versatile, dat plus the fit works better for me then any of the APC and N&F fits. The denim is quite nice as well.

I like RRL as well. Some size inconsistencies but the denim is nice and slubby, and they have some nice rinses/washes.

Kraftwerk

Was browsing ssense yesterday, and really liked a jacket. But the website was being a jerk and would not load. I just checked back and its sold out.

Lame.

Kraftwerk

Anyone like this? Never worn polo shirts before but it looks tempting.

http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/polo-shirt_cod43193332ee.html

Love it. Really does the flowers well. Manages to keep the whole minimalism aspect of Polo shirts with the detailed graphic collar. I have a lot of Polo's for summer, so I might be biased.

Also Bam Bam,

Hyperbeast has a 30% off sale. Would make that Philip Lin flower jacket around $700. I'm still wondering if I should hold out as I might find it cheaper somewhere mid-summer. $500 would be the golden price for me.

Love it. Really does the flowers well. Manages to keep the whole minimalism aspect of Polo shirts with the detailed graphic collar. I have a lot of Polo's for summer, so I might be biased.

Also Bam Bam,

Hyperbeast has a 30% off sale. Would make that Philip Lin flower jacket around $700. I'm still wondering if I should hold out as I might find it cheaper somewhere mid-summer. $500 would be the golden price for me.

It's a gamble. Hell if it was 500 I'd buy one too.

There's rsvp gallery that has the slightly different version for 700 base price if they were ever have a sale that work out.

NinjaBoiX

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, I thought I saw some detailing there. That looks cool, subtle.

It is nice, and I'm sure it's incredibly well made, it's just, $200 for a t-shirt? Seems nuts to me.

overcast

I think you two will just have to permanently disagree on pricing of things :]

Which of the basic T-Shirts from Uniqlo are the most recommended again? Supima or Premium?

I really should get myself measured, feel like it would make online shopping that much easier.

NinjaBoiX

I think you two will just have to permanently disagree on pricing of things :]
Yeah I know! Whenever I open my trap about it, I just think to myself "shut up Ninj, no-one cares that you're tight." But I'm British, I like to have a moan innit.

I usually just let it slide when it's a nice coat of pair of shoes or something, because you don't know what's involved in the extra costing.

But that polo is literally some cotton, dyed black, and stitched into the shape of a tee. It seems like 75% of the cost is for the little label inside the collar. I just don't get it.

/broken record rant

:D

NinjaBoiX

You would be scandalised by my Thom Browne lust, Ninj

"IT'S JUST A FUCKING TRICOLEUR YOU PILLOCK"
Haha, I usually dig your style though so it's all good. You can't put a price on swag chief.

But for reals, as much as I whinge about prices and comment negatively on certain garments, I'm only ever voicing my genuine opinion, I'm never intentionally being a pain in the arse.

Except with Bam Bam. :p

Mumei

Hello, everyone. Long time no see. Is this a good topic to ask about shoes? I'm in need of shoes that I can wear for work, because what I have just aren't working. I can't afford something particularly expensive, so I'm looking for something under $150 and comfortable enough that I wouldn't be bothered wearing it for nine or ten hours at a time. I've had several pairs that were really uncomfortable and one that actually gave me a limp because it made my foot sore. :(

Suggestions on where to start looking?

Alucrid

Banned
hmm not really my forte but how casual or non-casual is your workplace?

alternatively: wait until macuser is resurrected, he's not quite as fast as jesus is

y2dvd

Hello, everyone. Long time no see. Is this a good topic to ask about shoes? I'm in need of shoes that I can wear for work, because what I have just aren't working. I can't afford something particularly expensive, so I'm looking for something under $150 and comfortable enough that I wouldn't be bothered wearing it for nine or ten hours at a time. I've had several pairs that were really uncomfortable and one that actually gave me a limp because it made my foot sore. :(

Suggestions on where to start looking?

I find shoes much cheaper than that price that gets compliments all the time. I like Kenneth Cole and usually find good sales at Macy's and Dillards. Zara and H&M can have some nice, cheap shoes. Not sure about the best quality shoes just under $150 though.

Mumei

hmm not really my forte but how casual or non-casual is your workplace?

alternatively: wait until macuser is resurrected, he's not quite as fast as jesus is

It's just 'business casual'; khakis, not-tennis shoes, button shirts or polos, etc.

first wear of the diymmm x converse and the paint is cracking on the rubber. not really that surprising though, it was really difficult to get the paint to cover the rubber in the first place

Yeah I know! Whenever I open my trap about it, I just think to myself "shut up Ninj, no-one cares that you're tight." But I'm British, I like to have a moan innit.

I usually just let it slide when it's a nice coat of pair of shoes or something, because you don't know what's involved in the extra costing.

But that polo is literally some cotton, dyed black, and stitched into the shape of a tee. It seems like 75% of the cost is for the little label inside the collar. I just don't get it.

/broken record rant

:D

But it's raf simons though.

Kraftwerk

Balmain biker jacket on sale too at ssense. Only $4000 after tax.

Need two people to pitch-in with me. We will roll a dice to determine who gets to wear it on what days.

NinjaBoiX, I'll let you smell the jacket if you pitch-in.

Dat lambskin, mmmmm

NinjaBoiX

But it's raf simons though.
Haha, that's it really to be fair.

OK I was lying, I do get it, everyone likes to wear nice labels. I guess exclusivity is just inevitably factored into the pricing of the higher end labels.

Can't have pauper normcore chumps rocking all the cool threads and diluting the appeal. :p
Balmain biker jacket on sale too at sseNinjaBoiX, I'll let you smell the jacket if you pitch-in.
ZEJSW.gif

(Will you be in it?)

CFMOORE!

i am curious if you guys have better search skills than I, i really want this jacket:

http://www.stylebop.com/us/product_details.php?id=485302&gclid=CPPqktKazb4CFatj7AodxS0ASA

but they don't have my size, FarFetch has it but at $500 more and in my size:

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/me...t-item-10455675.aspx?storeid=9183&ffref=lp_3_

now if it can't be found in my size (SMALL) at the price more in sync with stylebop, i guess i will just bite the bullet and buy it, but if any of you guys are more savvy than i, i will be in your debt.

Any suggestions on good places to get stiff point collar shirts from?

I don't know if point collars are the right ones to look for but basically looking for shirts to wear without a tie where the collars stand rigid.

FashionGaf! I'm in need of new sneakrers. I picked Adidas' Samba. Do they fit what I'm wearing?
Xf4BX7Cl.jpg

2xkPK1Bl.jpg

Edit: Sorry for the mess and the bad lighting : (

NinjaBoiX

picked this up from Everlane, $68

7ef88399_8d72.jpg
Pretty nice dude, looks good.
FashionGaf! I'm in need of new sneakrers. I picked Adidas' Samba. Do they fit what I'm wearing?
Xf4BX7Cl.jpg

2xkPK1Bl.jpg

Edit: Sorry for the mess and the bad lighting : (
People ask some strange questions ITT.

Given the context, an extremely low light shot of someone in trainers and some fairly nondescript black trousers, this seems like a strange question.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So, what are some good colors for summer dress clothing? I have a wedding next week to go to and wanted to grab a new shirt and/or maybe new slacks.

I have grey, khaki, and light cream colored pants now. I also have light blue, grey, black, dark blue shirts. Last summer I wore cream pants and the light blue shirt and it worked well. Just not sure what to do this summer. Do I go bold colors?

Are there any other online shops besides Uniqlo where I can get nice clothes, that don't have every damn piece of clothing priced at like $50+? I can't justify spending that much money on a casual shirt.

Top Bottom