• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

LJ11

You did a great job on those, interested in seeing them after a few weeks of wears.

forward has some mark downs, some Geller and Schneider pieces among others. Portable Schneider Shirt Jacket is pretty cool, own it and it's very versatile.

www.forwardforward.com Enter TULIP for another 10% off.

Alucrid

Banned
You used canvas converse but isn't the mmm ones leather uppers? I wonder what effect, if any, it will have.
There's a bunch of painted mmm ones, not all are leather

Best painted ate linen

painted-mmm-low-top.jpg

I wonder if spraypaint would work. It was such a chore making sure the coats were even with a foam brush. I should probably sand the rubber beforehand on my next ones too

Those Chucks look great zerofire and can't wait to see how they look with some wears.

I'll probably stop by the Converse store to see the MMM collabs. Was reading a bit further and found that the hi-tops come in both navy or "amber" (gold yellow most likely is the color) while the Purcells are blue or red.

yeah, that's kinda what I figured when I started it. I'm going to get a better brush next time though

You could probably get away with a regular paintbrush actually. I think the lines from the bristles could make for a unique look, particularly if you have a dry brush and purposely drag it across the paint to make horizontal lines.

So the Converse X Margiela's look pretty cool in person. They're all leather and you can actually pick them up to look at - though they advise against handling them too much due to the paint.

Laces are also painted and well as the outsole so as you wear them, there'll still be flecks of paint wherever they haven't flaked off.

I think if I do get them, I'm leaning towards the red Purcells over the blue actually.

So the Converse X Margiela's look pretty cool in person. They're all leather and you can actually pick them up to look at - though they advise against handling them too much due to the paint.

Laces are also painted and well as the outsole so as you wear them, there'll still be flecks of paint wherever they haven't flaked off.

I think if I do get them, I'm leaning towards the red Purcells over the blue actually.

Should make a thread asking all of GAF.

Spring cleaning... I counted 76 button shirts =/

I need help.

Clearing out 1/3 of them.

How can you have that many shirts without a lot of them starting to look nearly identical to each other. Every time I see a shirt and I'm about to buy it I remember how I got one or two shirts that look just like it already. Unless you got a big collection of Gitman prints.

Is there any designer that makes white shirts that aren't really see through? I've been having no luck. My Jil Sander is acceptable but I'd like something with little to no transparency.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Regarding recent trends/fads, has anyone noticed young men/(possibly hipsters) who wear their blazers with only the bottom button done up? (Or if it's a 3 button blazer, they button up the bottom two).

Looks stupid as it makes the lapel bow like crazy (this ignoring the already woman-like cut of being too short).

Regarding recent trends/fads, has anyone noticed young men/(possibly hipsters) who wear their blazers with only the bottom button done up? (Or if it's a 3 button blazer, they button up the bottom two).

Looks stupid as it makes the lapel bow like crazy (this ignoring the already woman-like cut of being too short).

Can I get a pic of this?

I got into an argument on Reddit about those stupid decorative tie knots (see: Eldredge knot, merovingian knot, the trinity knot, et al).

Please tell me I'm not wrong for stating that they are juvenile and a poor attempt at introducing "character" to an outfit.

Give me your thoughts.

I mean come on... you don't expect me to take you seriously, right?

eldredge-knot.jpg

trinity-knot.jpg

MGPH2yK.jpg

GxPL4J1.png

Shiv47

I got into an argument on Reddit about those stupid decorative tie knots (see: Eldredge knot, merovingian knot, the trinity knot, et al).

Please tell me I'm not wrong for stating that they are juvenile and a poor attempt at introducing "character" to an outfit.

Give me your thoughts.

I mean come on... you don't expect me to take you seriously, right?

They scream "trying too hard" to me, but to each their own, I guess.

lenovox1

do they make good quality stuff tho? also, I sort of hate the pockets on the side...

No. The clothing is overdyed, thin, and may show signs of wear or fray after a few washes. It's the type of stuff you buy when you really need something, and you don't plan on wearing it forever. (Ironic, given the name.) But they sell their out of season stuff year around, so that's where my head was.

I thought I'd have some luck on JackThreads and Yoox. More luck on JackThreads than on Yoox.

http://www.jackthreads.com/woolf/denim--pants/pant/core-cargo/products/144623
http://www.jackthreads.com/athletic-recon/denim--pants/pant/patrol-pant/products/144177v
http://www.jackthreads.com/lrg/denim--pants/pant/savages-ss-pant/products/135971v
http://www.jackthreads.com/dope-couture/denim--pants/pant/maginot-cargo-pant/products/130531

Kraftwerk

But I was on reddit, bored, and came across the "ties" sub-reddit. So bad...

I'm sorry I don't give a damn about what you, or any other fashion elitists perceive as classy or "in". Just why would you think I care what a bunch of stuck up "style experts" think about what I wear? I wear whatever the hell I want and it makes zero difference to me that those knots are the fedora of knots, or the comic sans of knots or whatever.

I'm sorry you feel like you need to conform to arbitrary standards of style defined by so called fashion experts (whatever that means), but I don't. I get very positive reactions from most people around me whenever I wear them, and I like tying them and how they look. Also, what does this have anything to do with social interaction? My social interactions are perfectly fine regardless of the knots I use, I don't know why you'd think otherwise. Haters gonna hate.

that subreddit is hilarious

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
No. The clothing is overdyed, thin, and may show signs of wear or fray after a few washes. It's the type of stuff you buy when you really need something, and you don't plan on wearing it forever. (Ironic, given the name.) But they sell their out of season stuff year around, so that's where my head was.

eaux

thanx brah

Blackhead

Redarse
ssense site is down for me right now. Oh well I probably shouldnt buy anything anyway, have to save up for the sales on s/s stuff

This is ssense's sale on s/s stuff. Actually it's the first price drops but
most of the good stuff gets grabbed today (if anyone can get the page to load).

Top Bottom