• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

I believe 21, max.

I went last year and I was officially 20. So anywhere from 17-21. Also, he looks older than me. So, it was a bit rhetorical.

Yo, you went to prom when you were 20?

I'm 18

Surprised you didn't opt for a Lanvin lapel pin instead of the boutonniere. Either way, dope.

The girl always gets the boutonniere, and I guess she decided against Lanvin. She did hand paint the rose black, tho, which was pretty chill.

How old could he be if he's posting prom pics?
I think most proms cut you off at 21. That way they can cover their asses legally AND give you the hint that beyond 21 it's time to move on from high school finally.

The girl always gets the boutonniere, and I guess she decided against Lanvin. She did hand paint the rose black, tho, which was pretty chill.
You found yourself a keeper.

overcast

Yo, you went to prom when you were 20?

I'm 18
Makes sense. You just look a bit older than me (dat facial hair).

Well, I think I was actually just under 20. I started dating a girl when she was a junior at 17 and I was out of HS at 18. I did like my last outfit quite a bit though.

Alucrid

Banned
nfcss3vsgd.jpg

looking good bb
So, did you splurge on anything while you were banned, and therefore depressed?
not really, outside of a mbp retina and some summer pants

36473034oh_12_f.jpg

Don't really have much on my cop list as i'm going to evo (vegas) with friend next month. if those camo cp's @ ssense get cheaper I might bite. surprised they've lasted this long.

MegalonJJ

Banned
looking good bb

not really, outside of a mbp retina and some summer pants

36473034oh_12_f.jpg

Don't really have much on my cop list as i'm going to evo (vegas) with friend next month. if those camo cp's @ ssense get cheaper I might bite. surprised they've lasted this long.

I think, and we all know this, but I think you ought to consider taking a trip to London, as there are a good variety of tailors who could cut you a much nicer pair of trousers.

NinjaBoiX

Hi mac, good to see you bud.
Did you just wake up Alucrid? Interesting sleeping robe you have.- NinjaBoiX
Hey man, if you're not feeling his swag just say, don't project onto me!

:p

I think it's cool, love olive green and it's just a jolly spiffing garment all round.

(Unless it's got a huge tiger face embroidered on the back or some shit!)

oh shit

2" or 4"? I don't think I"m ready for 2" tbh

missed you too ninja, as well as all my manshion peeps xoxo

going back a few pages; it's kind of surreal to hear eric glennie's voice after all these years. novelty tie knots are terrible.

Guys, any recommendations on shirt/belt stays? I want my shirts to look on point without having to go ultra mega super slim fit size, which never fit my chest anyway

Also, nice to see you FreeNuder

NinjaBoiX

Man, I'm kinda digging some streetwear styles. Seems relatively comfy.
I concur, that's basically my entire wardrobe. Trainers, fairly loose fitting pants, printed tee's, hoodies/crew neck sweaters and casual jackets.

I occasionally wear polo's or short sleeve shirts and I do have a few pairs of shoes but I'm not much for the smart, tailored look, although I do appreciate it.

I'll grow up at some point! :p

spuckthew

Guys,

Quick and dirty opinions on wallets without a coin compartment?

I used to have such a great wallet...it was perfect. Dark brown leather, a coin compartment without being too bulky, and it wasn't huge. Lost it back in February when it fell out of my coat pocket as I was walking back to my car from a mate's house. Bought a Superdry wallet to replace it without a coin compartment and I actually really liked its style, but it didn't have a coin compartment which I found annoying from time to time.

I somehow managed to lose my replacement last week as well and am now in need of a new wallet again. I had this delivered today but it's fucking huge - pictures were deceptive as shit.

NinjaBoiX

I don't like bulky wallets, stick your coins in your pocket. I like simple wallets, the slimmer the better. Plus, coin pockets tend to leave unsightly dents in the leather. A few scuffs and scrapes add character, circular coin imprints not so much.

I've been using this one for around 6 months, it's just now starting to get nicely weathered.

spuckthew

Looks nice - pretty much what I'm after.

What are its measurements? The one I got today is 12.5cm(w) x 9.5cm(h). My Superdry wallet, which I'd say was perfect size-wise, was 11cm x 9cm. The extra width is what the CK wallet too big and it felt weird when I tried it out in my back pocket.

NinjaBoiX

I don't have a tape measure handy but here is a pic of it next to my car keys:

Edit: £20 notes come pretty much right up to the edge if that's any help!

And a pic of my (slightly gaudy) Superdry wallet. I don't really use it anymore, it's a home for superfluous store cards and such nowadays.

Kraftwerk

You could try a medium it's free 3 day shipping and returns. Even on sale items below 70%

At the very least you would have that feeling of owning it for a moment.
That's true. I am in between small and medium nearly most of the time in jackets anyway, I guess this one not being perfectly fit is fine.

You know what,

Fuck it!

COPPED

Kraftwerk

Fuck me now I'm feeling the urge to get that L. Shit man it's either this trendy jacket or put the money towards a leather.

We can be jacket bros!

This is it for my jacket buying this year, unless I see something really good. Already got that Patrik Ervell last month.

SO happy now. Thanks Bam Bam.

I'll wait for totokaelo tomorrow just in case but otherwise yeah why not I think I'm getting it. Just one more day, just enough time for me to make a thread asking GAF.

kaskade

Yeah, I need to up my street game. I'm still in need of sneakers for that though.

Same here, I have a pair of Roshe Runs but that's really it. I think I'm going to try and get a few pairs of some retro looking sneakers in gray or something. I like the monochrome kinda look.

overcast

The guy without the tuck just has the better fit in every way.

Thinking about buying these and these(not sure on the color for these yet) as soon as I get the chance later this month. Thoughts? Am I being dumb in any way..

The guy without the tuck just has the better fit in every way.

Thinking about buying these and these(not sure on the color for these yet) as soon as I get the chance later this month. Thoughts? Am I being dumb in any way..

I'm a sucker for gum bottoms (as on the Nikes), but prefer the upper of the adidas. Check out the Reebok Workout Low's if you'd like a combination of the two.

Rocked the Nike Flyknit Racers today. One of my favourite sneaker releases of last year.

Zanerobe Leather Sureshot Joggers
Carre Le Zip n Drop Tall Tee

kaskade

I'm a sucker for gum bottoms (as on the Nikes), but prefer the upper of the adidas. Check out the Reebok Workout Low's if you'd like a combination of the two.

Rocked the Nike Flyknit Racers today. One of my favourite sneaker releases of last year.

Zanerobe Leather Sureshot Joggers
Carre Le Zip n Drop Tall Tee

That's the style I'm liking. Looks killer. I'd love some Zanerobe joggers but I can't spend that much yet even though I hear they're pretty amazing. Zara had some decent looking ones.

Top Bottom