• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=838076

giphy.gif

Mik2121

Sorry for asking, but I was reading the last few pages and got a question...

... is all this floral jacket stuff some sort of ironic or sarcastic thing in this thread?

Anyway, I personally don't care much about fashion (wear some jeans and some t-shirt) but I care about shoes! Those AF1 nike shoes posted a few pages ago were amazing.

NinjaBoiX

... is all this floral jacket stuff some sort of ironic or sarcastic thing in this thread?
h0aht8a.jpg

Anyway, I personally don't care much about fashion (wear some jeans and some t-shirt) but I care about shoes! Those AF1 nike shoes posted a few pages ago were amazing.
The two-tone ones? Yeah, quality.

I'm not a fan of the shape of AF1's, but the colour of those is amazing.

Kyne

for a while I wondered the same thing..
but yeah, these are genuinely things that men will buy/wear. this thread actually reminds me a lot of the anime figure thread.. which is kinda respectable in its own way.

I suppose part of me is jealous I don't have the height/cheekbones to pull a lot of this stuff off. :c

spuckthew

Wallet saga ended last weekend. I went to House of Fraser and picked up a discounted black Ted Baker jobby. Much nicer than my last couple of wallets, and is as small, sleek, and practical as I wanted.

KpEWblIl.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
for a while I wondered the same thing..
but yeah, these are genuinely things that men will buy/wear. this thread actually reminds me a lot of the anime figure thread.. which I suppose is respectable in its own way.

I suppose part of me is jealous I don't have the height/cheekbones to pull a lot of this stuff off. :c
I don't pour condensed milk on my clothes though

Kraftwerk

... is that something that the anime figure community does???

Yes. There is a reason all the anime figures are so overly sexual. They coat it with sugary condensed milk and then lick it off.

I made that up, but I am sure it has been done.

Kyne

I don't know, but I'm not really seeing the parallels between the two. Unless it's just people buy expensive stuff that I can't wrap my head around.*

* = my edit.

when I compared the two it was more of my own personal comparison, I didn't mean in it in "these two groups are a lot alike" kind of way. It's also not necessarily about the money.

gotta say I'm not feelling that gitman either. usually they're slightly left of center and a little cheeky, but the pinup girls just give it too much obvious sleaze.

will cop when wife is not looking over shoulder
Any suggestions for places to buy mandarin/grandad collar shirts from?
how much do you want spend, and do you want something formal and dressy or casual?

I just have one vintage pair of opal/gold, nothing special and I really don't even know where they are at the moment. I've always liked paul smith's take on them, sometimes a little skeezy (pinup), sometime cheeky, sometimes classy and old-school. i'm not really a big cufflink dude, generally.

NinjaBoiX

I just have one vintage pair of opal/gold, nothing special and I really don't even know where they are at the moment. I've always liked paul smith's take on them, sometimes a little skeezy (pinup), sometime cheeky, sometimes classy and old-school. i'm not really a big cufflink dude, generally.
I always wanted this Paul Smith wallet, thought it was really cool:

Slightly NSFW

But it was too expensive for my pocket. I'm sure it was nearly £100, lol. I rarely have that much money in my wallet!

NinjaBoiX

That seems awfully tacky if you ask me. Almost like something you'd find in a novelty gift shop.
Yeah, I can see that. It's certainly an acquired taste, there's a fine line between cheeky and tacky.

I'm happy with my Ted Baker one which cost like a fifth of the money and is probably just as good quality.

gotta say I'm not feelling that gitman either. usually they're slightly left of center and a little cheeky, but the pinup girls just give it too much obvious sleaze.

will cop when wife is not looking over shoulder

how much do you want spend, and do you want something formal and dressy or casual?

Nothing crazy, less than £75 per shirt. Casual.

NinjaBoiX

lBCQnYE.jpg

What do you think guys? Never seen this colour combo before. I really want the pure white ones, but these are on sale half price.

Cop or wot?
Too realistic for my tastes, not anime enough
YoE5z7e.jpg

Or if that's not kawaii enough:

wpIfywK.jpg

Yay, bubblegum pink purse!

I personally think either would work with your loud, brash, garishly colourful wardrobe.

:p

white leather chucks uber alles. don't give in to temptation.

Nothing crazy, less than £75 per shirt. Casual.
I know asos has some options, but I'm assuming you're uk, so maybe one of our uk affiliates can point you further. I did come across this brand recently ("Under")

http://www.stuartslondon.com/t-shir.../under-baxter-grandad-t-shirt-grey-marl-p7031

and they have some cool stuff in this category. can't seem to find their main website. name your niche underwear brand under brehs.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking mac. I'm not even sure how much I like those brown ones, they just caught my eye and are quite cheap.

But the more I think about it, the harder it is to imagine an outfit that they'd really work with.

Hmm, I think they might stay on the shelf, I'll sleep on it.

NinjaBoiX

Yup. You can get the normal white ones with the black detailing pretty much anywhere, but the pure white ones are harder to come by:

UnsU9Ha.jpg

I'll hang on, they will be mine one day!

Top Bottom