• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

overcast

Yup. You can get the normal white ones with the black detailing pretty much anywhere, but the pure white ones are harder to come by:

UnsU9Ha.jpg

I'll hang on, they will be mine one day!
Those are sweet chucks.

I need a leather bomber this year, Mac is inspiring me.

Kraftwerk

Think the Y3 Bomber is going back. Just doesn't fit well enough to justify the price.

Here's a pic though just for the colors:

Of5dTD5l.jpg

Hmm. Cant really see the fit from that picture. Are the sleeves too long? Thats the only part that looks bunched up from the picture.

You returning it completely or going for a smaller size?

Hmm. Cant really see the fit from that picture. Are the sleeves too long? Thats the only part that looks bunched up from the picture.

You returning it completely or going for a smaller size?
Completely returning it, that's an XS and there isn't any smaller. Can't get a good fit pic because my mirror situation sucks, but it's great in the body. You can see the sleeve billowing a bit in that pic though

That's an XS? damn. I like it. Sucks it didn't work out
Yeah I liked it too. ah well. just gives me the opportunity to find a new one

Your shower curtain situation sucks as well get on macs level
yeah, that shit hasn't hung straight since I got the apartment. It's a really dumb setup for a shower curtain, huge pain

btw I'm standing on my toilet in that picture, that's how bad my mirror situation is

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Now come on, how does someone actively participate in a fashion thread and not own a full length mirror. Step up yr common sense game, breh, I mean wow

Now come on, how does someone actively participate in a fashion thread and not own a full length mirror. Step up yr common sense game, breh, I mean wow
Do you know how difficult it is to walk a full length mirror a couple miles from the nearest store that would sell it? Or take it on a train? not like I own a car here. best I have is these stupid piecemeal mirrors from Ikea but half of them are bronze and they offer a disjointed reflection at best

and I tried to take them off my wall but they started ripping off the sheetrock. seriously dire straits

mirror shaming itt

also, I faintly recall someone who was interested in a viktor and rolf jacket on yoox not too long ago. turns out it's reversible

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1012-Italy-...71?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item3ce2e80b7f

pretty cool if I may say so
that was actually me also. think that might be too big, unfortunately

LJ11

Kind of wanted the Geller Patch Bomber, but NYC store didn't have a 46. 48 arms were way too long. Would rather have the Tencel, but I slept on it and couldn't find it in my size when I went looking a few weeks ago. His stuff is hard to come by.

The materials on those sleeveless shirts are pretty nice. I'll drop by on Saturday to see if they still have any of the Sepia/brown denim Barneys had in stock a couple of weeks ago. Probably won't.

I bought a Dior Homme SS04 tank top with these waxed dots all over it and it's really... effeminate. It sparkles in the light. Also, it's like a fucking crop top on me.

Anyone want a tank top?

Finally order some jogger shorts because they looked ridiculously comfortable, not too much like sweatpants, and looked like a good fit.

The result:

aQCXxQd.png

Returning them tomorrow. Feels bad, man.

There was a kickstarter for "athletic build" jeans the other day, but I thought they looked pretty bad. I'm getting used to sizing up and getting EVERYTHING tailored.

if its the kickstarter i'm thinking of, they looked like pajama jeans to me.

honestly if you have a bigger thighs-waist ratio than us skinny bitches consider getting single pleated pants. jeans, I don't know. maybe try some tapered shit and just wear em off your ass *shrug*

wearing layers in memory of alucrid. dat 40º rainy day.

didn't snap shoez but they're black and boring.

Kraftwerk

Was browsing through the Barney's sale, and saw this Y-3 Biker Jacket. Thoughts?

dQ23G0o.jpg

I still don't have a proper biker jacket. I have a jar that I fill with cash. It's labelled the "Balmain Biker Jacket Fund", but who knows when I will get there.

This Y-3 jacker is on a huge discount, really tempting. Going for $250 from $650.

NinjaBoiX

That's a really good price Kraftwerk. I'd even pay that!

It's a bit fussy for me though, I prefer more simple styling on my jackets. But it's certainly a lot of garment for the money.

Cop breh.

Kraftwerk

That's a really good price Kraftwerk. I'd even pay that!

It's a bit fussy for me though, I prefer more simple styling on my jackets. But it's certainly a lot of garment for the money.

Cop breh.

Yeah, it is a little busy. I would not wear it with the belt thingy. But yeah...dat price doe...

Kraftwerk

wow...I guess a lot of people are shopping the Barney's sale. The other size sold out in the span of 5 minutes, only a large left now...welp.

Oh well. You snooze you lose.

wow...I guess a lot of people are shopping the Barney's sale. The other size sold out in the span of 5 minutes, only a large left now...welp.

yeah I tried to get a Rag and Bone belt and it kept showing up as for sale but when you tried to buy it said sold out

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

Was going to ask for a link to the jacket since my bf needs a new biker, but I guess that's not necessary now. :\

MegalonJJ

Banned
I think people have forgotten the actual rise for trousers. Or perhaps, just not even aware and assume low rise jeans equals all trouser rise.

LJ11

yeah I tried to get a Rag and Bone belt and it kept showing up as for sale but when you tried to buy it said sold out

Site is playing games. Ordered two items on Tuesday, checked out as a guest because I couldn't remember my PW and I was on mobile so I just said fuck it. Checked out fine, but never got a confirmation email. Pretty sure my order never went through even though I received an order number after checking out. No pending charges. One of the two items sold out, but I was able to reorder the other one yesterday.

MegalonJJ

Banned
yeah, the grandpa pants comments befuddle me. an inch below the navel is like... standard.

It's also super comfortable. I know Prorsum (and maybe others) have been doing an inch below the naval for a while too.

I think grandpa only really comes into it if it's badly tailored (and well, you have a large gut). Otherwise it's very slimming.

Edit:

This stuff is brutal for us shorties. I wouldn't even have a waist if I wore my pants at the standard spot; it'd be like... chest directly into pelvis.

Really? Some tailors say otherwise, in that it can give the appearance of longer legs. Of course if you wear it above the naval then yes, it will be brutal. That said, lower rise can be better depending on one's build and proportions.

yeah, my burberry london* suit is about an inch under my navel, as are my ck collection suits, and it's very comfortable to wear and looks good.

* I should get more of them but hard to find at discount :(

looks like it's for calling someone an idiot when said idiot didn't bother to read the article he/she was responding to. seems awfully tame for a ban

Top Bottom