• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Kraftwerk

looks like it's for calling someone an idiot when said idiot didn't bother to read the article he/she was responding to. seems awfully tame for a ban

Just saw his last post. That's in the forum guidelines I believe, straight out name calling like that. Should be short though....hopefully.

Alucrid, if you are lurking, buy some ToJ stuff to ease the pain.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Not sure where to post this, but since this is a style thread I thought this would be appropriate.

I have a like new Issey Miyake "W" Watch (Silay008)! Comes with retail package and authenticity card! Worn once and never been worn since, pretty much like new! Message me for price and pictures!

Should I buy this jacket y/n? Urgent response needed.

blk-dnm-mens-black-leather-jacket-45.jpg

NinjaBoiX

Not sure where to post this, but since this is a style thread I thought this would be appropriate.

I have a like new Issey Miyake "W" Watch (Silay008)! Comes with retail package and authenticity card! Worn once and never been worn since, pretty much like new! Message me for price and pictures!
iK0RAga.jpg

Wow, that's gorgeous. Would cop if I wasn't skint.
Should I buy this jacket y/n? Urgent response needed.

blk-dnm-mens-black-leather-jacket-45.jpg
Cool Bam, I like it.

Tonight's outfit to the movies.

Zanerobe 5 panel leather cap
Carre long sleeve tee
LPD NYC "Slimane 68" mesh jersey tee
Daniel Wellington Cambridge watch
M.Cohen bracelet
Jawbone UP 24 (been on a bit of a health kick... trying to anyways)

Nudie jeans
SNKRFRKR x Adidas Torsion Integral S sneakers

I'll get a full length mirror at some point. :)

Edit

Thinking of pulling the trigger on this Cote&Ciel Nile Rucksack bag. Thoughts?

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, that's an ingeniously simple but unique design, looks really elegant. The hood is a nice touch too.

Big fan of that bag.

NinjaBoiX

not really a bag for everyone but based on what i've seen of your style thus far i'd say it's a perfect fit.
Yeah, I thought this too. Or Alucrid. Both have a tendency for dark, muted colours with clean simple lines. Understated cool.
It's got a bit of a Rick Owens vibe going on here with the twisted lay of the material.

(See, I pay attention and learn things and stuff.)

Also, just read mac's post in the Fashion Week thread:
YwWkLen.gif

Kraftwerk

Yeah, I thought this too. Or Alucrid. Both have a tendency for dark, muted colours with clean simple lines. Understated cool.

It's got a bit of a Rick Owens vibe going on here with the twisted lay of the material.

(See, I pay attention and learn things and stuff.)

Also, just read mac's post in the Fashion Week thread:
YwWkLen.gif

Haha, I had the same reaction to this post.

I am sure that is the second time has posted that ;p
Woah woah woah...

Did NinjaBoiX just say Rick Owens?

'single tear'

:)

I just like posting the quote whenever possible.

also I don't mind negative or bewildered responses. some of this shit is pretty fucking weird, and fashion week goes deep into the weirdness sometimes.

The Lamp

I got my first adult paycheck. Got money to buy clothes now. Before, I only ever bought teenage looking clothes as cheap as I could find because my mom gave me the money to buy stuff.

Now I have money but my frugal mindset and complete inexperience with shopping means I don't know how or what to buy to look good.

I'd like outfit suggestions for casual or business casual clothing for adults. Maybe some casual poolside clothing for the summer too. Please and thanks.

http://putthison.com/post/712103418/the-essential-mans-wardrobe-perhaps-the-most

a pretty good safe catchall list to work from; I'd start with the more summery shit since well, it's summer.

as far as what to buy; i'd stick with a palette of 4 or so colors that all gel together and keep it simple; avoid crazy stripes/patterns outside of maybe a shirt or sweater.

as far as where to buy; h&m, express, j crew, etc. banana republic is ok, some of the tailored stuff is not bad, but the casual clothing there is just ... not great imo. I like target for tees, not a fan of their button ups unless it's a designer collab, which fit better and are more interesting in general. walmart has good fitting levi's, the signature line, for about $20.

as far as an outfit suggestion:

business casual: harrington-type jacket, button up shirt, simple chinos, suede bucks or other light oxford shoe. go up a formal tier with a cotton or linen blazer, go down a tier with simple flat-soled sneakers (vans, etc)
you can make this even more casual but good with just some jeans, a tee, and sneakers.

poolside: chino shorts, short sleeve shirt, vans/espadrilles

don't know if that helps but i tried ;(

I got my first adult paycheck. Got money to buy clothes now. Before, I only ever bought teenage looking clothes as cheap as I could find because my mom gave me the money to buy stuff.

Now I have money but my frugal mindset and complete inexperience with shopping means I don't know how or what to buy to look good.

I'd like outfit suggestions for casual or business casual clothing for adults. Maybe some casual poolside clothing for the summer too. Please and thanks.
I really like Everlane for the money

I don't follow the fashion rulebook enough to suggest "can't miss" outfits, but you might find it fortunate/unfortunate that all of the entry-level fashion shops seems to have just started their summer clearances. You can find more info on that over here. I personally just picked up a few small things from the Unionmade 40% off sale. The Steven Alan shop listed there has some good stuff too. However, those two are a big pricey for a beginner, so it might be best to start at the Nordstrom and J. Crew sales listed there as those are both good entry-level brands to find your feet with before branching out.

The Lamp

Thank you everyone! That was very helpful. Thankfully I live near a great outlet mall, although I couldn't find most of the brands you mentioned there (although there is an H&M nearby). Finished off my first adult shopping trip at just under $500. I'll keep in mind the suggestions for next time.

NinjaBoiX

I love it, it's awesome. Would wear.
While the quality of that jacket is probably sublime I can't help but think it's too traditional aesthetically.
Leather jackets often are. It's the whole "timeless" thing innit.

"You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life."

-Tyler Durden

I think it looks pretty good.

====

I kinda wanted some of those les hommes kaleidoscope shirts but I don't know what I would wear em with. a little loud for me.

I am looking to order a saddleback leather satchel, anyone have any suggestions for this price range? Looking to fit my 13in MBA and when i am traveling clothes.

Top Bottom