• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

arab

2540864-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

or

1956_380x380.jpg

or

183428-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

CatPee

http://a2.zassets.com/images/z/2/5/4/0/8/6/2540864-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg[IMG]

or

[IMG]https://www.keepcompany.com/images/store/cms/products/resized/1956_380x380.jpg[IMG]

or

[IMG]http://a2.zassets.com/images/z/1/8/3/4/2/8/183428-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Jack Purcells. If you happen to be buying the leather JPs, I think Mr. Porter is still selling the old, better quality version.

I wish I could work something like that into my wardrobe. Amazing color.

I'm moving to Japan at the end of next month and can only pick a few pairs of mostly utilitarian shoes to take with me out of my collection of 15. Shit's painful.

Speaking of:

I'm trying to assemble some staples before I go. Anyone have a preferred brand of color crew neck t-shirt, before I just head to Target?

how slutty is the neck and how long is the tee? I came close to coppin one of those slubby silk john elliot & co u neck tees but they are like 31" long in a 2/M. that's longer than my blazers.

Took advantage of the Gustin denim grab bag over the weekend to get my first pair of 'nice' pants (I was a 48w this time last year) and I just wanted to say fuck button flies, man. Almost pissed myself fumbling with that shit in the bathroom the first time.

robox

khaki / beige pants. what to where with?
they always looked kinda funny to me, especially when i look down dark and wonder how to deal with it

IronRinn

Jack Purcells. If you happen to be buying the leather JPs, I think Mr. Porter is still selling the old, better quality version.

I ordered a pair from Mr. Porter a few months ago and returned them. Even though the product picture they use is of the old model, they are shipping the new one (at least in size 10).

khaki / beige pants. what to where with?
they always looked kinda funny to me, especially when i look down dark and wonder how to deal with it
if they're dark you can probably work a pair of dark brown or black derbies or some other casual type dress shoe. if they're light i'd go brown derby or white/beige suede buck type shoe. I assume you mean your standard khaki a la

photo.jpg

I would avoid black/charcoal shit personally with your standard khaki. too severe of a contrast. up top; gingham, navy blue, light grey, etc. more casually, chambray.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Wanted some casual shoes as I've been wearing my Reebok gym shoes around for a few months (and working out in them). Grabbed these:

Onitsuka Tiger Machu Racer

2508964-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

kaskade

Alright guys. I'm into these pants worn notably by Chance the Rapper.
chance-the-rapper.jpg

Seen here as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=47YClVMlthI#t=231
(Yeah sorry for J biebs)
Can someone identify the style of these pants?
Thanks

I can't be 100% sure on the brand but they look like the Zanerobe sureshot in tan.

I got my pair in last week and just wore em out the other night. Really damn comfortable.

actually, looking at the video I believe they are. You can see the black tag loop on the butt.

Finding myself tempted to cop some black sweatpants. Looks great with sneakers.

I love my uniqlo sweatpants (have them in light grey, navy & black). Both the navy and black are so dark that it's hard to tell that they're sweatpants until up-close. Very soft yet they're very sturdy as well.

In my quest to pick up utilitarian shit that don't look complete garbage and won't take up too much space in my luggage for when I switch countries in a month, I picked up a light Filson raincoat (not me) and a pretty Cosbian 100% alpaca sweater by Peruvian Connection ($4 at Goodwill) yesterday. I have this sweater coming in from Mr. Porter too, $40 something during their sale. I've lived in Tennessee my entire life, so I'm starting from a position of absolutely zero warm clothing outside of a few flannel shirts. This shirt I backed on Gustin finally got in today, but it's kinda tight in the chest so ya'll ain't gettin' any fit pics on that yet. The blue is way more dominant than I had anticipated and that's a little disappointing. I'll wear anything with a shade of purple in it, so that was my main motivation for backing it.

That's all I got to add. Nothing exciting.

lupin23rd

Is there a brand that offers dress shirts in a large selection of colours in the same style, similar to how you can walk in and buy a classic Lacoste polo in like 50 different colours?

I'd like to find a basic, well fitting button up (without button down collars or chest pockets) that I could pick up in several different colours without having to get different styles / brands. I'd expect white, blue, pink, and maybe purple or a light green to be options.

Figure the best option is probably MTM? (although I've had a bunch of shirts made with Modern Tailor and find stuff comes and goes too often)

Kraftwerk

Is there a brand that offers dress shirts in a large selection of colours in the same style, similar to how you can walk in and buy a classic Lacoste polo in like 50 different colours?

I'd like to find a basic, well fitting button up (without button down collars or chest pockets) that I could pick up in several different colours without having to get different styles / brands. I'd expect white, blue, pink, and maybe purple or a light green to be options.

Figure the best option is probably MTM? (although I've had a bunch of shirts made with Modern Tailor and find stuff comes and goes too often)

How much do you want to spend on shirts?

I mean, if you want decent quality and a good fit, you can check out J Crew. Last time I went to their store half of it was filled with shirts in every color and pattern.

Top Bottom