• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Is there a brand that offers dress shirts in a large selection of colours in the same style, similar to how you can walk in and buy a classic Lacoste polo in like 50 different colours?

I'd like to find a basic, well fitting button up (without button down collars or chest pockets) that I could pick up in several different colours without having to get different styles / brands. I'd expect white, blue, pink, and maybe purple or a light green to be options.

Figure the best option is probably MTM? (although I've had a bunch of shirts made with Modern Tailor and find stuff comes and goes too often)

Uniqlo, J crew, vineyard vines, brooks brothers.

Interfectum

Any fashion inspirations for someone who works in an IT department but doesn't want to look "IT" (if you know what I mean). Suits are too much, T-Shirts are too little. Looking for a more stylish office casual, I guess.

BrcptbYCIAEGHTY.jpg:large

PRICES:
Bomber jacket, $780
Biker pants, $415
Kanye jeans, $280
Work shirt, $265
Camo T-shirt, $150
Plain T-shirt, $90
Patched sweatshirt, $180
Parka with fur, $2,865
Kanye jeans, $280
Army sweater, $325
Airport sweater (also available in dark navy), $340
Swiss Army parka, $605 (also available with fur, $1,015)
Army pants, $385

Any fashion inspirations for someone who works in an IT department but doesn't want to look "IT" (if you know what I mean). Suits are too much, T-Shirts are too little. Looking for a more stylish office casual, I guess.

Fitted dress shirt and pants is all you need along with good quality shoes. Most people I know in IT only wear polos so you should have no competition

some of the kanye x apc stuff looks nice i just can't get that excited about apc anymore when you have ami, msgm, our legacy, ervell, etc doing similarly minded shit that is either slightly more interesting or not quite so pricey.

also re: IT swag, jump a little outside of the khakis-black polo - black rubber soled oxfords look. something as simple an office appropriate as navy pants, suede bucks, and a light toned sweater with a collared shirt will do more than enough.

jesalr

I want a brown leather jacket. I really don't know why, but I want one.

Only thing is that I'm a slightly stocky dude, not fat, but not exactly skinny.

My raf polo finally got here. Boy I'm glad I got the XL because god damn that shirt is tight. I've never been known for having big biceps or anything but the sleeves on it really squeeze my guns.

fYAdAQn.png

I only go there when I have absolutely nothing else going on and am kind of fiending for something to buy, but MFA really is the worst place. Nothing but ultimately unhelpful extremes of opinion.

#teamnicetie btw

Kraftwerk

MFA is really weird at times. I respect everyone to wear what they want, and everyone has their own style.

At the same time, this was one of the most voted/liked fits a month or so ago;

Nothing unique about it...like, why? I understand if you wear that to just not give a fuck and be casual, but ....come on;

Reminds me of that thread our good friend made about that basic ass black jacket and everyone started shitting on it.

Really blew my mind.
Kraftwerk's one for the like $1500 one? GAF can't imagine spending more than $20 on any particular item, no surprise there

Also that tie is nice but the knot is a little big imo

MFA is fucking stupid. Honestly, the only fashion forum that I think is worth their shit is SuperFuture, or Stylezeitgeist if you are into that kind of zeitgeist.

Anyways, just bought a wonderful Saint Laurent coat today. Budgeted for 3.5 and only ended up spending a little over 2, so I see some leather pants in my future.

Kraftwerk's one for the like $1500 one? GAF can't imagine spending more than $20 on any particular item, no surprise there

Also that tie is nice but the knot is a little big imo

Maybe EA was right and Steam sales really are devaluing gamers' perception of game costs and it's starting to infect absolutely every area of commerce.

MFA is fucking stupid. Honestly, the only fashion forum that I think is worth their shit is SuperFuture, or Stylezeitgeist if you are into that kind of zeitgeist.

Anyways, just bought a wonderful Saint Laurent coat today. Budgeted for 3.5 and only ended up spending a little over 2, so I see some leather pants in my future.

I've only been into 'fashion' for about 6 months now and I've noticed that my perception of what is reasonable to spend on clothing has recently crept up to regularly paying $150-200 for single items, and I'm terrified of when I get to the point that I'm hoping to conservatively score a jacket for "a little over 2."

For leather jackets it costs the manufacturer a couple hundred just on the material. So it's not exactly crazy for them to charge let's say 1000 dollars.

Jacket's dope, imo. I actually like how the hood seems to drape slightly like a cowl. Looked around and found some jackets with a similar overall style, but nothing that came close to that particular shade of green.

Unrelated to your question but related to the video: fuck ascots, man. They seem big in Japanese casual fashion, at least in my experience. Most of the Japanese kids who end up coming over here to study abroad or to do just general travel are typically the children of wealthy people and they all dig the ascot look. I'm sure there are plenty of people who can make it work, but I don't see it.

overcast

I can understand why you guys spend a lot of money on clothes, I just can't fathom having that much money to spend.

So, I just end up spending 100+ on shoes or jackets. Kind of forces a disconnect when I see fashion sites talking about good deals and it's a pair of shoes for 250 :|

Midas

I can understand why you guys spend a lot of money on clothes, I just can't fathom having that much money to spend.

So, I just end up spending 100+ on shoes or jackets. Kind of forces a disconnect when I see fashion sites talking about good deals and it's a pair of shoes for 250 :|

Me neither, I just do it. For me I would guess that it's a combination of being lazy (not having to browse for nice things for hours) and simply "falling in love" with certain garments.

Dina

This is why I like MFA, or even FMF. It's all a bit easier on the wallet, while still looking sharp. Clothes, much like all luxury goods in the world, have increasingly higher diminishing returns when you spend more.

i like styleforum too. which coat did you get btw? i'm keeping an eye out for a winter coat to wear to work over a suit before it actually gets cold

I've always heard decent things about Everlane and have been looking for some plain tees, so I think I'll pick some of theirs up later tonight. Thanks for the reminder.

Edit: Done.

I just got my first ever order from Mr. Porter in the mail and the attention to the packing is fucking dope. I'm kind of sad that this will probably be my only time ever ordering from them.

I just got my first ever order from Mr. Porter in the mail and the attention to the packing is fucking dope. I'm kind of sad that this will probably be my only time ever ordering from them.
hmm might have to purchase and compare with totokaelo and nancy meyer
http://youtu.be/FMMJEkQFTrQ

this video really helped me with my personal style
french cuffs with a denim jacket huh
Denim people are fuckin' weird, man. His personal Twitter and Instagram pics are even more harrowing. I wish this sort of thing were rare.

i remember this dude from superfuture like a decade ago. had a denim museum of some kind. edit: oh yeah that first link hah.

What's the best place to get Naked and Famous jeans other than Karmaloop? Any similar brands other than nudies in the same price range? Want to grab a few new pairs of jeans, don't mind waiting for sales if they would go down.

And I have an Everlane backpack that's really nice for the price, although it's not very comfortable with my 1000 page textbook :p

Nordstrom just did a clear out of their Naked and Famous stuff last night—50% off on most styles (so around $60). Even though you missed that sale, they're still probably the best place to go for N&F if you're worried about cash. They have frequent sales, though I don't know if they're usually that deep.

Nordstrom just did a clear out of their Naked and Famous stuff last night—50% off on most styles (so around $60). Even though you missed that sale, they're still probably the best place to go for N&F if you're worried about cash. They have frequent sales, though I don't know if they're usually that deep.

Wow, that really sucks. I need to check into this thread more. Not even sure I want to buy jeans any more, lol.

Edit: Got excited as it seemed like the pineapple ones I've been wanting for a while were still on sale but only size 28. Not that skinny!

NinjaBoiX

Guys, half price in Schuh, really want to cop, last pair in my size:

4cnKoIr.jpg

I should resist but not sure if I can...

Edit: screw it, copped. Aww yiss!

overcast

Are a lot of places having summer sales now, or what?

Also, I'm going to need to go in to a Nordstrom eventually to check out Naked and Famous jeans. Really curious.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Is there a name for those leisure/ pajama shorts that are cut off below the knee? They are usually slim too.

Uniqlo has a picture of them, but it is a product that is apparently not for sale.

Top Bottom