• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

velociraptor

TM Lewin & Charles Thyrwitt are you best bet i'd say (if the cut is ok for you)

Will you have client facing to do? If yes, a third might be useful
Is it more front or back/middle Office? Rules for back & middle are usually far more relaxed.
Managerial Position? a third might be useful
Specific Company dress code?

I'm still for a few weeks a non-managerial executive in an Asset & Fund Services service of a major bank. People dress quiet casually except exec level (specific Dress Code), new guys that don't want to be underdressed and Relationship Manager/Sales (Client Facing).

Personnally being really tall and thin ( 1.93 cm and 70 kg) i tend to rock a vest and a pants rather than a full suit to avoid looking like a slenderman and i'm seen as the snob/dandy of the office.

Dry Cleaning, once, maybe twice a year
When it gets two wrinkley: hang it in you bathroom when you take a hot shower, it should ease it

lots of shirts are indeed a plus. If the dresscode allow you, you can maybe get a few vests and some nice pants

Flusser would say that it depends of you skin complexion.
Those posts from Parisian Gentleman (in french sorry) can help you:
The Power of Colours 4
The Power of Coulours 5

Get a colourwheel.
There is also some rules regarding pattern, like no stripe on stripe and such

Get Style and the Man from Alan Flusser which is the best basic guide on men clothing

Hope it helps.
Thanks, helpful post.

I'm fair skinned.

So I'm guessing you rotate suits every 2 days, but rotate shirts and ties everyday?

Loxley

Hey guys, I've got an interview for a job next week and was looking to potentially pick up a new messenger bag - the one I have doesn't really scream "professional". My budget is (preferably) under $200 but is negotiable, and material doesn't matter all that much to me (canvas vs. leather, etc). Any suggestions?

Liquid_015

Gold Member
I have a like new Issey Miyake "W" Watch (Silay008)! Comes with retail package and authenticity card! Worn once and never been worn since, pretty much like new! Message me for price and pictures!

harringtons are great. I have one in navy (that doesn't fit, so if you want a fendi nylon harrington in a us small hit me up).

Alas I'm a medium, but thanks.

Any particular brands I should look out for? There was a Ben Sherman I tried on today and I liked it but the price was still a bit hard to swallow, though still cheaper than the G9.

you can usually scoop them up from yoox for good prices from brands like herno, valstar, aspesi and so on. i'll scroll through searching for 'turtleneck' and see what's up. depends on how you want to go with it, sporty (nylon, maybe a zip) or more business-casual (wool/cotton with buttons), too.

edit: oh yeah and sealup

Deband

Is this the right place to ask for shoes suggestions to go with dark navy jeans? I have no idea about this, haven't really bought shoes in years.

it's blue, nylon w/knit cuffs and combo-knit collar, riri, 46/36, uh, $100? has a cool hologram auth label too!
Is this the right place to ask for shoes suggestions to go with dark navy jeans? I have no idea about this, haven't really bought shoes in years.
pretty much anything goes with dark denim; black, brown, tan, whisky, burgundy, oxblood, and even bone. i'd just be sure the type of shoe gels with your type of jeans (ie, oxfords with tapered denim, etc)

you can usually scoop them up from yoox for good prices from brands like herno, valstar, aspesi and so on. i'll scroll through searching for 'turtleneck' and see what's up. depends on how you want to go with it, sporty (nylon, maybe a zip) or more business-casual (wool/cotton with buttons), too.

edit: oh yeah and sealup

Cool and thanks. Will begin to browse more today. Probably something a bit more business-y but I can probably check out something more sporty.

Does anyone know how Serengetee's pocket tees sizing is? I'm about 6 feet, but pretty skinny and wanted something that fit like
utSANUb.png

Should I go medium or does it shrink a lot and large would be better? Most of the tees I own are medium, with a few exceptions. By their sizing chart I'm a small/medium, so I think medium would be the best choice. It's just they have no returns and I really don't feel like dropping $60 on two shirts and then it turns out they don't fit.

Edit: Also if anyone can point me to some place where I can get these
((link) for less than $75, that'd be swell.

I've wrapped up my non-thrift store purchasing until after I move.

For the sake of conversation, are there any Japanese brands or stores that any of you might have any affection for? I've got a few in mind already near where I'll be working come August, but it couldn't hurt to have some more recommendations. I'm excited to start stunting on my rural island of 65,000 people in my designer clothing.

giga

For the sake of conversation, are there any Japanese brands or stores that any of you might have any affection for? I've got a few in mind already near where I'll be working come August, but it couldn't hurt to have some more recommendations. I'm excited to start stunting on my rural island of 65,000 people in my designer clothing.
Not really designer stuff, but stop by Uniqlo to stock up on basics.

Shiv47

I really like some of the Real McCoy's stuff, they do really high quality reproductions of American military wear. I have a pair of shorts and a jacket from them that are just great, and an M-65 on the way for the fall/winter. Expensive as fuck though, but they should last a good long while.

Salazar

I bought a Blue Blue Japan jacket and I fucking love it.

https://www.seilin-intl-eshop.com/en-itn/product/700036122/26

And no Beams Plus stuff has ever let me down.

I bought a Blue Blue Japan jacket and I fucking love it.

https://www.seilin-intl-eshop.com/en-itn/product/700036122/26

And no Beams Plus stuff has ever let me down.

I've not personally felt or worn any Beams+ stuff, but every design and pattern of theirs that I've seen has been lovely. It was hard not to pick up some of their shirts during the Unionmade 40% off sale, but I figured I would pick some stuff up when I'm actually over there.

tumblr_n7pog2GTZ81qa7kygo1_1280.jpg

I don't like this pattern at all and I'm usually 100% anti-logos on clothing, but I think a logo of a beetle with a heart floating over it is dope in theory. It's a Japanese brand called BOHEMIAN.

In my quest to pick up utilitarian shit that don't look complete garbage and won't take up too much space in my luggage for when I switch countries in a month, I picked up a light Filson raincoat (not me) and a pretty Cosbian 100% alpaca sweater by Peruvian Connection ($4 at Goodwill) yesterday. I have this sweater coming in from Mr. Porter too, $40 something during their sale. I've lived in Tennessee my entire life, so I'm starting from a position of absolutely zero warm clothing outside of a few flannel shirts. This shirt I backed on Gustin finally got in today, but it's kinda tight in the chest so ya'll ain't gettin' any fit pics on that yet. The blue is way more dominant than I had anticipated and that's a little disappointing. I'll wear anything with a shade of purple in it, so that was my main motivation for backing it.

That's all I got to add. Nothing exciting.
I worked for a year implementing an ERP system on several factories that made those sweaters and other clothes for Peruvian Connection, and man , i hope you washed that sweater before using it .

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
for those of you that live in NYC, Go to Century 21 by the Freedom Tower, It is amazing

undercover dude

Holy shit Chanel is expensive but the shiny goatskin is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen shiiiiiit

Drunk vegas update

you're in vegas? i hope this means you are stopping by l.a. next. i got plugs at saint laurent. i could show you a wild time

overcast

Going to go ahead and grab those Jack Purcell leather converse from Mr. Porter.

What leather shoe cleaner is a good go to? White shoes after all.

Top Bottom