• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
It's a weird feeling to realize that I can't fit into stuff like Topman xs slim any more... but thankfully it's because of gym, not middle-age fat gut. I'm literally poppin' buttons.

I will admit, if you don't give a shit about brands at all that Barney's sale is a gold mine. I mean where else are you gonna find button downs and t shirts for 10-20 dollars.

NinjaBoiX

whoa buddy check out this print.

Not really. You develop an eye for good quality stuff. Even if you cant tell the difference by looking, the moment you touch and feel the fabric it becomes obvious.

Now, excuse me while I go style on some fools;

o4sWnat.jpg

$899
The cut of these tees are hideous.

The prints are pretty funny I guess.

>_>

I will admit, if you don't give a shit about brands at all that Barney's sale is a gold mine. I mean where else are you gonna find button downs and t shirts for 10-20 dollars.
Most of the stuff I saw on there was dead boring. I dunno about the quality, but I did end up picking up a few of their housebrand ties yesterday because it's the one thing I have very little of and $12.50 (+free shipping) is a better deal than anywhere I know of.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Is it OK to steam a leather jacket in the bathroom to remove wrinkles? I've heard conflicting advice.

Anyone found any decent deals at the nordstroms sale? Unfortunately most of the NF jeans didn't go back on sale but I do still need some boots.

Flipped through a few pages of the Nordstrom sale as soon as it went live and nothing jumped out at me, and the prices weren't even good enough for me to take a chance on anything.

Iron Rangers are entry level fashionable boots, and Nordstrom's got them for $199 ($110 off list) if you're into them. Beckman's are going for $220, down from $340.

Those are both high quality boots at a good price, but those sale prices might still be too high for someone who hasn't yet been desensitized to dropping some cash on clothing.

overcast

Iron Rangers are like 220 on Amazon, but either way that is way out of my price range. Still thinking I can't go higher than like 130-140 on shoes/jackets.

well when I was getting some shit at kiki de montparnasse they had some sexy ones for a meager $300 or something.

something along these lines

Eyes_Wide_Shut_4165.jpg

fake edit:

oh shit

DSC_1035_8b7ea1bb-f3f1-49c9-89ea-601c5e3e7796_grande.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Hey guys, looking for some opinions.

My "nice" shoes are a selection of Allen Edmonds; I have walnut strands, chili La Salles, and black Delrays. I also have a pair of black Rothsay booths. And then most my other shoes are various Sperry's.

I've been wanting a pair of brown leather boots for a while, just don't really like anything AE offers - chukkas look funny on my large (13-14) foot, and also isn't the boot look I'm trying to go for.

Nordstroms has a sale right now, and I think I'm going to splurge. This will be my first "nice" shoe that isn't AE, so not sure which brand I wanna go with.

Any reason not to get the Wolverine 1000 Mile McClean cap-toe in brown? Looks beautiful, and absolutely my favorite.

Other ones I'm kinda considering are the Red Wing Moc Toe, but not in love with the "construction worker" look, maybe the Red Wing Iron Ranger, but a bit too "industrial," ... maybe the Frye Tyler Plain Toe boot?

Thoughts? Will mostly be wearing it with a medium-dark denim jean and typically a Banana Republic-esque dress shirt.

I've heard leather nerds saying that Wolverine's leather quality has fallen sharply lately, and well below the leather used by Red Wing, but I'm not sure if that would bother you. They look really good.

I was really interested in these Wolverine's for a while, but never ended up picking them up. All the reviews I can find say they, and the other non-Made in the US Wolverine's (McClean's appear to be made in the US though), fall apart at the tongue and elsewhere.

Not that's what ultimately put me off—I just couldn't find them locally and was unsure about my size—but I can understand if those cautions would put you off.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I've heard leather nerds saying that Wolverine's leather quality has fallen sharply lately, and well below the leather used by Red Wing, but I'm not sure if that would bother you. They look really good.

I was really interested in these Wolverine's for a while, but never ended up picking them up. All the reviews I can find say they, and the other non-Made in the US Wolverine's (McClean's appear to be made in the US though), fall apart at the tongue and elsewhere.

Not that's what ultimately put me off—I just couldn't find them locally and was unsure about my size—but I can understand if those cautions would put you off.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I was able to man-handle the McCleans for a while, along with some Red Wings, and I definitely didn't feel any concern with the leather; that said, I'm certainly no expert. The stitching looked top-notch, and the sole looked welded well when just gazing.

Call it silly, but the "made in the USA" was important for me.

Alucrid

Banned
oh, well, that solves that. i was wondering who the fuck midnights was, stop changing your name so much. anyways, not at my house so i'll play destiny once the beta starts back up

NinjaBoiX

I have a very similar Duffer Athletic one in red. I love it.

(They're all the same, just with different detailing. I only just noticed the other day, but nearly all of them are literally exactly the same basic bag from the same factory.)

Edit: pic:

Z6ZBulv.jpg

Edit 2: after looking at your link again, they are quite different, the zip having no flap and such. Anyway, a lot of these bags are the same base product with different labels attached.

Remember when this thread wasn't perpetually dead?

:(

But wasn't the idea to find you a cheap alternative? That's got to be in the £100's easily.

It is very nice though.

Yeah, £200... so... probably not.

There's a company called Speedwear that sells some decent looking jackets for between £99 and £169, maybe I'll wait for a sale there?

The ones I like are £169, but I'm unsure how much shipping would be and the sizing, and so on.

fuenf

hey guys can you give me some advice?

I'm looking to buy some Diesel stuff during their sale but I'm unsure about the fit:

When I look at this for example: http://store.diesel.com/de/pullover_cod39411279hc.html

39411279hc_13_f.jpg

or http://store.diesel.com/de/sweatshirts_cod39411292hq.html

39411292hq_13_f.jpg

I feel like they dont really fit the model and are way too loose (just look at the shoulder area). Or are they supposed to fit that loose? I'm confused and don't know which size I should buy (M would fit relatively tight, whereas L would be as loose as in the picture).

dropped shoulders are kind of a thing, so that's probably the intent, better or worse. you might like roberto collina, which you can find on yoox at around that price. they often do rough-hewn looser knit stuff but in a more usual silhouette.

NinjaBoiX

dropped shoulders are kind of a thing, so that's probably the intent, better or worse. you might like roberto collina, which you can find on yoox at around that price. they often do rough-hewn looser knit stuff but in a more usual silhouette.
Pretty much everything I wear has dropped shoulders.

Short world problems.

Size XS is awesome.

:/

Kraftwerk

Idochino is coming to my town August 1st.. It's part of their tour around North America where they set up shop and measure you and help you create a suit wardrobe.

I might go, could use some more suits in my rotation that look good and don't break the bank.

NinjaBoiX

ninja you're a small dude? you take tall person pictures. kinda like acridmeat #oop
5'4" fella, if I find trousers I don't need to take up I consider it a minor victory! And when a jacket I'm even half interested in fits snugly I just have to buy it, gotta take it as a gifted opportunity.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
Spring 2015 threads that i'll have my eye on

Lost and Found Ria Dunn
lost-and-found-ria-dunn-ss15-lost-and-found-product-29.jpg

Lumen et umbra
lumen-et-umbra-0100614.jpg

ziggy chen
Jacket-Ziggy-Chen-0M410945-BLACK-1_big.jpg

song of the mute
sftm-ss15-9.jpg

sftm-ss15-68.jpg

sftm-ss15-88.jpg

sftm-ss15-17.jpg

overcast

Quick dumb question, what socks do i wear with these shoes...

No shows? Ankle high? Tall black socks? I've seen all three but I just think they look weird in the socks I have now (black, come up to my ankle).
Hmm. I feel like you should wear no shows or ankle high. I think either way looks good. Personally, that's what I would do. Not tall ones.
Maybe try Doc Marten 1460's in brown?

fuenf

I think the first sweater looks good. Not a fan of the hoodie.

Probably intentionally loose, but, what do I know.

thanks. decided to order the first one in M and see how it goes... didnt buy the hoodie tho.

The Roberto Collina stuff looks really nice. thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom