• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I know it's a bit show-y; but this week was my first opportunity to utilize my new bag with work. Love how it meshes with my wardrobe.

Thoughts?

KILJx0y.jpg
I

Geller Seconds long sleeve tee got here today. The cut out neck seems a bit too wild for my modest sensibilities by itself but it's virtually perfect for layering options.

NinjaBoiX

^ Funky fresh.
I know it's a bit show-y; but this week was my first opportunity to utilize my new bag with work. Love how it meshes with my wardrobe.

Thoughts?

KILJx0y.jpg
I
That thing on the floor, shrouded in shadow, right in the corner of the shot?

I have no idea, I can barely see it.

Ezalc

Style GAF I need assistance. I recently became aware of something of a dream jacket of mine. It's from Zara, apparently from august/september 2013. Here's a picture of it:

It's a biker jacket, that has sort of a green-ish tint to it. The one I found was too small for me and apparently it was on sale due to it being phased out from stock or something. The closest thing I've been able to find online is basically the same jacket but with a fur collar, which I honestly wouldn't mind.

Now StyleGAF, does anybody know of a place where I could potentially find this wonderful piece of clothing in a size M? I've been searching for a while but I figure somebody here might know something more about it. Anybody, please help?

Ezalc

Is it leather or cotton/wool? I honestly can't tell from your photo.

The similar jacket with a fur collar said that it was: 81% polyester, 18% viscose, 1% elastane. Since the picture looks basically exactly the same except with a fur collar, I think the materials are the same too.

Zekes!

What's some good shops in downtown Seattle? I'm going to be staying a couple blocks from Pike Market, and was wondering if there's any decent stories in that area of downtown I should check out while walking around.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
What's some good shops in downtown Seattle? I'm going to be staying a couple blocks from Pike Market, and was wondering if there's any decent stories in that area of downtown I should check out while walking around.

There isn't a lot of interesting/unique stuff immediately downtown. Barney's, Zara, Nordstrom + Rack, Macys, a small Club Monaco, etc (Sneaker City is kind fun to glance through). There are a few shops nearby (5-15 minute walk) that you might dig, though:

Totokaelo
Kuhlman
Ian
Alive & Well

Any places were I can get some good linen casual button downs for summer?

Are linen/cotton blends decent?

I have a Gant Rugger linen/cotton blend shirt that I love, but it's a little bit too thick (cotton-y) in my opinion. It still feels really good, but I'd definitely go full linen when given the choice.

I don't know the quality of these exact items, but Everlane just dropped their linen shirts. I have some of their tees and I love the fit/quality of them, so I don't hesitate to endorse them as far as quality goes. Only really standard colors at the moment, though.

Uniqlo has a sale currently going on their linen shirts, but that means they're out of most colors. Again, I don't know about the quality, but Uniqlo is usually decent and it's only $20.

Mesoian

Alright fashionGAF, I have a challenge for you.

A little backstory:

Years and years ago, my father went to india for some sort of business trip, and while he was over there, he found this amazing leather coat. It was super heavy, almost 10 pounds, and the inside layer was able to be unzipped, if you wanted to make it a summer only coat I guess. It was too hot and too heavy for him to wear on an everyday basis, so he put in the closet. Fast forward 3 years and I find the thing just hanging there and I ask him if I can have it. He says sure, and for a good 8 years, I rock this thing and I swear, I have never gotten more compliments on my wardrobe. People would stop and turn on the street and compliment me on it.

But alas, all things must come to an end. After almost 8 years of heavy use, the leather started to give, the stitching started to break, the coat basically was falling apart. I can't salvage it, every leather worker I've spoken to has said that repairing it would be more than the cost of replacing it. So I want to try and find a suitable replacement.

So here it is, ignore the cosplay that's under it, I can take better pictures when I get home, can anyone suggest a suitable replacement for this coat that treated me so well for so many years?

1473722b7k10.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
I have a Gant Rugger linen/cotton blend shirt that I love, but it's a little bit too thick (cotton-y) in my opinion. It still feels really good, but I'd definitely go full linen when given the choice.

I don't know the quality of these exact items, but Everlane just dropped their linen shirts. I have some of their tees and I love the fit/quality of them, so I don't hesitate to endorse them as far as quality goes. Only really standard colors at the moment, though.

Uniqlo has a sale currently going on their linen shirts, but that means they're out of most colors. Again, I don't know about the quality, but Uniqlo is usually decent and it's only $20.

i like my short sleeve linen from uniqlo well enough

overcast

I'll post it now, I would really appreciate an answer before tomorrow, but this thread does move slowly, I understand. Anyway, simple question, two shoes, same price.

Dr. Marten Mayer's

vs.

Dr. Marten 1460's

Either way I want one in black, because I shockingly don't own a pair of black shoes. Will also be my first pair of boots. I wear size 12, if that means anything.. so big feet.

I'll post it now, I would really appreciate an answer before tomorrow, but this thread does move slowly, I understand. Anyway, simple question, two shoes, same price.

Dr. Marten Mayer's

vs.

Dr. Marten 1460's

Either way I want one in black, because I shockingly don't own a pair of black shoes. Will also be my first pair of boots. I wear size 12, if that means anything.. so big feet.

I have the Mayers and love them and get compliments on them all the time. The black sole looks so much better than regular Docs. I am size 12 too and they feel just right.

Zekes!

There isn't a lot of interesting/unique stuff immediately downtown. Barney's, Zara, Nordstrom + Rack, Macys, a small Club Monaco, etc (Sneaker City is kind fun to glance through). There are a few shops nearby (5-15 minute walk) that you might dig, though:

Totokaelo
Kuhlman
Ian
Alive & Well

Cool, thanks! I'm not really going to have any real shopping time, but I figured if there's anything worth checking out around that area, I may as well check it out. I'm in need of some new stuff anyways, so maybe I'll get lucky.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Why are all the listings for Naked & Famous Weird Guy fit on Amazon 35's in length? That's super long, but like all of them you can pick your waist, but the only length is 35. Is that all they offer? I typically wear a 36x32 or something...

Was trying to find a good deal on them to order a pair and see if they work for my thighs.

Alucrid

Banned
because people just stack, cuff or hem them, make it so they only have to make ten different pairs instead of 50 different pairs

mainImage.jpg

lol fucking mr porter

Shiv47

Why are all the listings for Naked & Famous Weird Guy fit on Amazon 35's in length? That's super long, but like all of them you can pick your waist, but the only length is 35. Is that all they offer? I typically wear a 36x32 or something...

Was trying to find a good deal on them to order a pair and see if they work for my thighs.

A lot (most?) of the designer jean labels make one inseam length, which can then be either cuffed or stacked by the wearer, or hemmed if you want an exact fit to your own inseam length/preferences. I get mine hemmed, because I don't care for how cuffing/stacking looks.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
A lot (most?) of the designer jean labels make one inseam length, which can then be either cuffed or stacked by the wearer, or hemmed if you want an exact fit to your own inseam length/preferences. I get mine hemmed, because I don't care for how cuffing/stacking looks.

Hmm, alright. I usually grab 34/32's so I'd have to do something with them, but if they actually fit me well it'd be worth it.

overcast

mayers. how are those leather purcells? might have to cop a pair. or attempt to make some of those painted MMMs.
I love the Purcells. Pretty comfortable for converse and look great with everything. Just scared of getting them dirty (white ones).
I have the Mayers and love them and get compliments on them all the time. The black sole looks so much better than regular Docs. I am size 12 too and they feel just right.
Looks like it's the Mayers. Thanks guys.

Hello fashionable people, first time in this thread. I need help finding a pair of sandals. I've always been a light sneakers or boat shoes type before but this summer has driven me to looking for something airier. I've not really had success with thong style designs but would consider them if they're a good price/highly recommended. I'd really like something minimalist without too many straps or buckles. I ordered these because they were on for a good price
but am concerned about the fit. I'd like to be in the $100-$130 price range if possible and I don't mind ordering online. Thanks for any help that can be provided!

those are fucking dope. I haven't tried those, but ferragamo sneakers fit like a regular width and size. I'm a 9D and a 9 in their sneakers. very well finished inside and out, the inside has a nice mesh/leather lining.

shit those are nice, and I was off sneakers for the rest of the year!*

*this was definitely not gonna happen.

those are fucking dope. I haven't tried those, but ferragamo sneakers fit like a regular width and size. I'm a 9D and a 9 in their sneakers. very well finished inside and out, the inside has a nice mesh/leather lining.

shit those are nice, and I was off sneakers for the rest of the year!*

*this was definitely not gonna happen.

good to hear.

NinjaBoiX

I almost bought these yesterday:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/salvato..._sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_12_B

Talked myself out of it. Might buy them in August. Anyone ever wear them? Tell me how they fit.
Those are really cool, I'd happily pay like £80 absolute max for them.

$700 is crazy talk though. Glad you talked yourself out if it, that's a ludicrous amount to spend on one pair of trainers.

/typical tight arse Ninja post

(It's true though. Blah blah "fancy materials, made in Italy, whatever", those are a $150 pair of sneakers marked up by %400-500 for people with more money than sense.)

I'll be the first to say that for 700 I don't know man. Perhaps even get two sneakers instead of one.

If you're gonna spend the 700 why not go for SLP or MMM?

Kraftwerk

Those are really cool, I'd happily pay like £80 absolute max for them.

$700 is crazy talk though. Glad you talked yourself out if it, that's a ludicrous amount to spend on one pair of trainers.

/typical tight arse Ninja post

(It's true though. Blah blah "fancy materials, made in Italy, whatever", those are a $150 pair of sneakers marked up by %400-500 for people with more money than sense.)

Pleb

What you gonna do when Hailey wants you to get her a $500 Robert Geller Dip Dye shirt breh?

i know i shouldn't be talking here but even something like a pair of balenciaga arenas or slp highs is around $575. $700 seems like a lot for sneakers.

not sure why this would be monumentally shocking, a dedicated shoe company operating its own factory, a factory capable of making made to measure and handwelted footwear vs a designer label without its designer trololo

hey i'm just relaying first hand experience, don't shoot me. and besides, none of these 500 dollar and up sneakers are representing a great value for the dollar, so what does it matter, really? nor do the ferragamos look heinous 'new money' like some versace or zanotti sneakers.

there is basically no price difference between ferragamo and slp, and slp even makes more expensive ones too.

and fwiw, i like the material mix on the ferragamos more. if you want plain black balla sneaks just get cp vintage highs

Top Bottom