• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Kraftwerk

Speaking of zanotti;

Meek-Mill-Giuseppe-zanotti-homme-double-gold-plate-sneakers-upscalehype.jpeg

E8UyM2I.png

$1800

I see them at saks all the time. Looks like they would fall apart after 5 wears with all the tacky crap spliced on. For that matter what's up with golden goose who likes that crap?

I actually saw those in las vegas. gaudy sure, but they have nothing on versace

41ae98dc492bb2ca486947bcf0f22dff.jpg

i actually can't find the ones I saw in the store. just caked in medusa heads and gold zippers. would go good with the medusa head pants, medusa head shirt, and medusa head bomber (yes all real things)

I see them at saks all the time. Looks like they would fall apart after 5 wears with all the tacky crap spliced on. For that matter what's up with golden goose who likes that crap?
I haven't followed golden goose deluxe brand in some time but they make good stuff.my wife has a suede & laminated leather bomber that is quite nice.

NinjaBoiX

Pleb

What you gonna do when Hailey wants you to get her a $500 Robert Geller Dip Dye shirt breh?
I'd be like:

"But babe, you're a moderately successful pop star with various modelling gigs on the side, surely you're a lady of fairly affluent means. And being the hugely fashionable, superfly trendsetter that you are, I'm sure Mr Geller would be happy to gift you some of his wares so all the teeny boppers can attempt to Steal Her Style™.

Now stop talking crazy and make me some tea."

Kraftwerk

Nah, the two above me are wrong.

It's all about dat haider Ackermann lyfe;

ackermann+shoes+2.png

Brogue shoes are dead breh, hottest trend right now is intricate stitching.

NinjaBoiX

Shiny satin shoes eh? I think I'd even take the frumpy, old man styling of brogues over those things.

It's great being a basic, safe as fuck normcore chump.

Thank you!

Florsheim seems to be just what I'm looking for, but nothing in the current collection that's standing out to me, will check back for F/F.

Also came across Grenson's here in the UK which have a nice collection.
re: florsheim, you can often get older season stuff from ebay, as well as gilt and myhabit. not sure if those are really options in the UK, however.

jtb

Banned
looking to buy a pair of versatile shoes. already have a few dressy shoes and even more casual shoes, just looking for something simple and relatively stylish in between.

any reason why I shouldn't just get a pair of Clark's desert boots? (or any reasonably priced alternatives I should consider?)

NinjaBoiX

Yeah Overcast, I rarely wear shoes, only have two pairs which are probably a bit outdated by now. I basically dress like a manchild!

Here is my current collection:

k9fiBFg.jpg

The Tigers in the bottom left are utterly vintage, I've been rocking them for a good 5 years. My go to "kicking about" trainers, hence the tatty appearance. I'm usually very diligent about taking care of my footwear, but they're pretty much beyond saving, lol. Super comfy though, like a pair of slippers.

robox

ninja needs to get wit da comme de garcons.

in related news, saw cdg shirt recently, just text as graphic
"recession, got no job, but still wear cdg"

50bux there aboots. previously worn.

Alucrid

Banned
did you put those shoes on your bed? please tell me you didn't put those shoes on your bed. for the love of god why did you put those shoes on your bed.

NinjaBoiX

Are you guys serious? I change my sheets every week, and I'm not unhygienic in the least. Sitting them on my pillow or on the kitchen counter or something, fair enough. But think about the stuff your bed is subjected to every night, sweat, dead skin cells, whatever, but:

"Woah, you sat your regularly cleaned shoes on top of your quilt for 30 seconds while you took a photo? Dem germs!"

Fucking hell, talk about clean freaks. I never even gave it a second thought, I throw all kinds of stuff on my bed throughout the day and I haven't died of AID's yet.

overcast

I have a pair of brown shoes fairly similar to yours on the bottom left that I use as beaters as well. Still need to up my sneaker game. I'll show you guys my collection when I get my boots. I am a poor boi though.

Would love to get a few Nikes (not sure which ones yet), after school starts.

giga

Are you guys serious? I change my sheets every week, and I'm not unhygienic in the least. Sitting them on my pillow or on the kitchen counter or something, fair enough. But think about the stuff your bed is subjected to every night, sweat, dead skin cells, whatever, but:

"Woah, you sat your regularly cleaned shoes on top of your quilt for 30 seconds while you took a photo? Dem germs!"

Fucking hell, talk about clean freaks. I never even gave it a second thought, I throw all kinds of stuff on my bed throughout the day and I haven't died of AID's yet.
I'd rather suck off Donald Sterling's smegma than even think about sleeping on your bed.

I have a pair of brown shoes fairly similar to yours on the bottom left that I use as beaters as well. Still need to up my sneaker game. I'll show you guys my collection when I get my boots. I am a poor boi though.

you can probably find dope nike flytops or vandals in your size on ebay. failing that, vintage blazers are pretty cool.

NinjaBoiX

I'd rather suck off Donald Sterling's smegma than even think about sleeping on your bed.
Even tomorrow? Monday is clean bedding day so they won't be smeared in dog shit and chewing gum.

pls respond

I want another pair of Tigers, they're great. But I just bought those grey Hi-tops the other week, I won't be buying new shoes for a while.

overcast

I want another pair of Tigers, they're great. But I just bought those grey Hi-tops the other week, I won't be buying new shoes for a while.
Yeah, I think I'm done for a while as well.
you can probably find dope nike flytops or vandals in your size on ebay. failing that, vintage blazers are pretty cool.
Oh, Flytops are great. Blazers might be even better... hmm.
Those second ones are awesome for sure.

Where is a good place to get cheap(er) jeans that are at decent quality? Really want a grey pair.

Never bought clothes online before but the Toronto clothes scene is troubling since I have no time or the will to drive and park downtown. I am looking to buy a wool sweater cardigan or 2 but I can't find one anywhere. I bought a nice Paul Smith one at Holt Renfrew 3 years ago but since then they have downsized their casual department. Any Canadians buy designer clothes online? Whats the cheapest / best selection website?

So, I'm still on my quest for boots.

I like those Red Wing Iron Rangers, but a bit out of my price range, so I continued to search, and came across these "Chippewa Service Boots". Problem is, still crazy outside my budget.

2903990-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

2903992-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

2373435-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

2373430-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

2373433-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

I'd like to get a pair of those 'Sand Suede' ones as well as either the Cordovan or the Brown ones.

I'd buy a pair for $150 no problem, but $259 is way too outside my meager budget. So my question is: Where and when could I find these on sale? Like, the best place to purchase them? Or further alternatives?

Top Bottom