• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

NinjaBoiX

lol Bam.
Anyone know where I can get a nice blue leather jacket?
TM6uToC.jpg

ASOS - £100

fjJ93zJ.jpg

Scotch & Soda - £250

PxFu0Fo.jpg

Reiss - £275

(I actually think the cheapest one is the best, it's great having cheap tastes.)
Balmain breh;

67Wte2M.jpg
yUR50QU.jpg

$5000
It's so overboard with the zippers, studs and that badge on the shoulders, and that insignia on the arm is awful. It's incredibly camp.

Also, lol at 5 grand.

NinjaBoiX

breh,

breh
I know you love Balmain chief, but I seriously think that jacket is horrendous. It looks overcomplicated, fussy and kind of try hard to me.

I much, much prefer that £100 ASOS one, and I could buy like 30 of them for the same price! The materials and construction are perhaps not quite as good quality, but leather is leather, I bet it would still last just as long.

Kraftwerk

I know you love Balmain chief, but I seriously think that jacket is horrendous. It looks overcomplicated, fussy and kind of try hard to me.

I much, much prefer that £100 ASOS one, and I could buy 50 of them for the same price! The materials and construction are perhaps not quite as good quality, but leather is leather, I bet it would still last just as long.

I just like fucking with you man. I'm just jealous of your avatar <3 The ones you linked are nice.

Yoshiya

what's sizing like on uniqlo casual shirts? I'd say i straddle the US small medium divide based on fit - i might go small in a jacket but medium for a tshirt, which i want less closely cut. unexpected commitments make a wardrobe update fairly urgent - does anyone know if shipping is fast from uniqlo uk to eu countries?

NinjaBoiX

I just like fucking with you man. I'm just jealous of your avatar <3 The ones you linked are nice.
I just comment without prejudice; sometimes it's positive, sometimes it's negative. Opinions innit!

I'm seriously considering the ASOS one...

It's cheap enough for an impulse purchase, and they do XS sizes. :p

overcast

Do you guys like either of these? Which is better. I have a good bomber already, but a lack of "leather".
image1xl.jpg

image1xl.jpg

Light grey or dark grey on uniqlo jeans? Leaning towards light.

Lotto

Anyone ever sell/buy anything on grailed? I've used sufu and sf marketplaces before but I stumbled upon grailed recently and it looks like a pretty decent marketplace. Thinking about putting some stuff on there but was wondering if anyone here has any good/bad experiences with it.

overcast

Any of you like PF Flyers? I always kinda shrugged them off as "off brand" converse, but the leather ones are speaking to me. All three colors are nice.

Btw, I've basically just been posting shit and not purchasing. Too many options.

They aren't replacing my tier zero's. Red flyers look cool to me though.

Just have a multitude of shoes to pick. Matter of when rather than if for a few of them

ah my misunderstanding.

these are dope, too:
NIKE MEN'S GREY BLAZER MID PRM VNTG TXT QS SNEAKERS

EDIT: no experience with the Flyers, but the black ones look choice.

DOUBLE EDIT: what fashion blogs/online shops does everyone frequent?

since svpply shut down, I've mainly just been perusing random Tumblr blogs.

So I'm definitely hoping to buy a couple items from the UniqloXHelmut Lang thing online when it launches on Monday. Does anyone know what time special releases like this generally go up on uniqlo.com?

no way. you must make sure to get the rest of the outfit though. lobster/omar lunarcore requires dedication. this infographic below, while dated and not covering the palette you are seeking, gives a good jumping point for hardpoint/"lobstercore" styles

good luck brother, do not fear the singularity

I can't find those white Y-3's anywhere. Any idea where to get them?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
That graphic makes lunarcore seem quite appealing, ngl. A real shame one has to drop about 3k to look like a cool homeless miscreant from the future, though.

Bam Bam's pants, however, are basically something you would find in a clearance bin after halloween at Urban Outfitters.

I can't find those white Y-3's anywhere. Any idea where to get them?

They're from 2011, so... best of luck.

I just wanted to chime in that I have a pair of Levi's 514s that I've had for so long that you can tell which way I hang from the fade.

I found this wildly entertaining and had to share.
shit dude I thought I had poligaf open and was fucking weirded out

here's it ok though

overcast

Grab that bomber Illithid.

Anyone like getting button ups intentionally small? Fits a little more snug and is more flattering.

Though this one from Uniqlo is a little too tight.

NinjaBoiX

Should I get this suede bomber?

WP_20140920_002 by Illithid Dude

http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/4,4384.html?nav=louis-wong

Note how long it is, which is basically my only issue. Also, will suede just get totally fucked in a New York winter?
I like the jacket itself, dark blue is one of my favourite colours, but I agree that it's maybe a little long.

Also, it would look better without the sheepskin collar imo. Not a fan of those collars at all, or sheepskin in general.

Edit: just checked the link. One and a half grand? Lol, fuck no.

Top Bottom