• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

In my experience none, they mark down to almost nothing. $300-$400 sneakers marked as $50.
I'm probably picking up CP lows, only marked down to $320 but still better than $400. I might wait if there's a sale coming up but I don't know how I would check that

overcast

Going to shop around this weekend. Hopefully Zara is holding this shirt:
0495303807_2_1_1.jpg
<3

Finally going into Uniqlo also. Exchanging a shirt and probably picking up a few things (Helmut Lang probably).

LJ11

I'm probably picking up CP lows, only marked down to $320 but still better than $400. I might wait if there's a sale coming up but I don't know how I would check that

What I meant to say is that they mark down the product for customs/duty fees/charges. You probably will only get hit if they mark the product as being valued over $200 bucks or so. Anything below that and you probably won't get hit. TBS marks the product, shoes in this example, at $50 value even though they go for 10 times that in some cases.

What I meant to say is that they mark down the product for customs/duty fees/charges. You probably will only get hit if they mark the product as being valued over $200 bucks or so. Anything below that and you probably won't get hit. TBS marks the product, shoes in this example, at $50 value even though they go for 10 times that in some cases.
Oh, got it. Thanks

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
My wrist size is 7.25 inches. What is a good watch size? Are oversized watches still in? or is that asking for too much attention?

Peterpan

I'm going to ask about white jeans guys. I wanted to change up from the usual, tired of the black and blue. I'm talking about white jeans, slim fitted of course, with a red striped golf shirt and white shoes. I looked in a thread about white jeans on Neogaf, which was made a few years ago, but a lot of people seemed fashion illiterate or just dismiss it right away, because white jeans belong on women apparently. Is white jeans on men taboo?

Getting a pair of those Saint Laurent biker jeans before the next summer is a current life goal. What's the cleaning process for pants like that?

Will have to find one as I'm about to move, denim/leather combination is beyond my comfort zone :p

Uniqlo's site is brilliant and I wish more worked like it. Easy to find what you want due to detailed groups and every piece of clothing has high res pictures that load near instantly.

sruckus

Will have to find one as I'm about to move, denim/leather combination is beyond my comfort zone :p

Uniqlo's site is brilliant and I wish more worked like it. Easy to find what you want due to detailed groups and every piece of clothing has high res pictures that load near instantly.

Except they list multiple of the same exact item because their system is so dumb it can't suppoty more than a fixed amount it colors. You never know if you've seen all the colors available.

Except they list multiple of the same exact item because their system is so dumb it can't suppoty more than a fixed amount it colors. You never know if you've seen all the colors available.

Never noticed that, I mean the crew neck cotton shirts show 20 colors at once

All of Uniqlo's graphic tees are on sale for 9.90 by the way. Some neat designs, especially via sprz NY and it's hard to beat that price for the quality.

Need some winter jacket/parka recommendations that arent canada goose.

Looking to spend 300-400, Ive looked at Jcrew and Topshop but theirs didnt seem like very good quality.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Definitely getting a few things from Uniqlo X Helmut Lang this Thursday.

The initial press release a few weeks ago didn't specify any distinction between the items, so as it turns out the only things I liked from the collection are from the women's dept. God fucking dammit.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
The jacket in the header of the men's page?

m_urban_sweats_hero_l

Also nowhere to be found on the site. There are different things appearing and disappearing every time I look. This launch is a mess.

Women have more interesting tops and outerwear

The sweatshirt with the bottom cutout I wanted was showing in the women's section earlier this morning, now it's nowhere to be found on the site at all.

You mean this one? http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/women-urban-sweat-long-sleeve-pullover-140403.html#03|/women/featured/urban-sweat/tops/|

those don't show the bombers at all...

Bombers might be in-store only. May as well head on in. I'll be going after work to probably grab a hoody or something.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Got 4 things from Uniqlo online and all of them were much more drab-colored than the website made them look. Beware.

Yeah, that's the one. :\ Side view shows that the cut would definitely not work for a guy, unfortunately.

That sucks... Of course the other version of that sweater is for kids. I was hoping the snood top was for both, but that's for women as well.

Still, here's hoping that there will be some mediums in the hoodies (probably) when I get off work and go to Union Square...

Can't decide what color though still...

That sucks... Of course the other version of that sweater is for kids. I was hoping the snood top was for both, but that's for women as well.

Still, here's hoping that there will be some mediums in the hoodies (probably) when I get off work and go to Union Square...

Can't decide what color though still...
There were tons of mediums in everything when I was there, fwiw

Kwixotik

I need opinions on some shoes. Mostly looking for versatility, and was thinking about getting these. Currently I've got beeswax desert boots, these (I like them, but they're too minimalist for most of the clothes I own), and these shitty ass shits.

Mostly my problem is I don't have anything to wear with black or grey pants/accessories. Anyway, here's what I'm looking at right now. Do any of these look particularly good, or any other suggestions around this price range? I could potentially go up to $100, but if I keep prices low I might be able to buy two pairs.

$65

$55 (down from $90)

$63 (down from $90)

purg3

slept with Malkin
First pair of unbranded jeans came in today, glad I waited and sized down because these fit way better than the other size I tried on at Nordstrom. Still a little room in the waist but not too loose at all. Going to give these a soak first to see if I an get a little shrink out of them. Length isn't too bad with a double cuff but not sure if I like how it looks yet. So far, for $80 they seem like a solid pair of selvedge denim.

Picked up the grey hoody from Uniqlo and I dig that the hood unzips. Once unzipped, the top reminds me of a sailor top, though not sure if that makes sense.

Bring on the +J collection. I'm ready for fall.

Top Bottom