• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Just got my first pair of Sperry's. Is it OK to wear them WITHOUT socks, even if I'm wearing pants and not shorts?

Lotto

I don't think you're supposed to wear socks with sperry's at all. so just rock em.

I just got some yuketen bluchers and I feel gross wearing them without socks so I picked up some no-show socks. They're not exactly macho but hey, they work well enough to create the illusion of wearing no socks.

lPPiMR9.jpg

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I've read that the Pure Blue Japan line that Uniqlo introduced, that Lotto mentioned above, has that type a fit, they're called loose fit tapered. Big in the thighs, with a substantial taper in the legs. Might be an option.

thanks.

Desi

anything before spring 2008 is hard to find but it should only be like two collections max. Style.com has a timeline but is missing three collection spring 2009, fall 2009 (my favorite), and spring 2010. But those three can be found out and about easy with a little dig here and there.

rude

Banned
I did when I was small and fey. Sizing was all fucked up. YSL large was slim fitting on a US small body.
The sizing was indeed awful; I just sold a fuzzy blue jumper (way too fucking tight after going to the gym for the past year) from his YSL days and some old Dior Homme to fund some future purchases.

I still think the best was the first couple of seasons of balenciaga menswear. was a cruel joke, and i highly suspect he just recut his already tiny ass womenswear into mens clothes.

rude

Banned
Have no knowledge of Nicolas' menswear.

What do you think about his work at Vuitton? I thought resort was probably his most wearable, fully realized collection ever (albeit garish w/some of those colors). It makes me wish he'd take another stab at menswear and have the Arnaults fire Kim Jones.

well i like kim jones at vuitton, so I hope that doesn't happen :p I haven't really looked too closely at his lv stuff yet.

early balenciaga mens shit wasn't anything too out there for the most part, just mildly weird fabrics and tight shoulders. then adam kimmel came along and made my life difficult for the exact opposite reason.

It's not the designer's fault you have a brooding utilitarian body. Their clothing was made for delicate and neoteric evolutionary physiques.

Not for cavemen like us.

oh shit. geller's cadet jacket in green from...ss 2011?

Send me a picture and I'll see what I can do

Do you own any Hedi era YSL jw?

nah, though black tie (i think aw2000) was a ballin show

The sizing was indeed awful; I just sold a fuzzy blue jumper (way too fucking tight after going to the gym for the past year) from his YSL days and some old Dior Homme to fund some future purchases.

yo, if you're ever looking to sell some old dior homme, hit a brother up

i asked my guy, and he said no can do. apparently, it's like the rarest geller piece, and also happens to be gellers personal bomber he wears every day. sorry man!

Alucrid

Banned
i asked my guy, and he said no can do. apparently, it's like the rarest geller piece, and also happens to be gellers personal bomber he wears every day. sorry man!

damn, thanks for trying. that was pretty much the reason why i asked, always see him wearing it

oh wow I had one of those in a 46 back in the day

donated it to goodwill iirc

first helmut lang now this.

even though it's fake it still hurts

y2dvd

I just got some yuketen bluchers and I feel gross wearing them without socks so I picked up some no-show socks. They're not exactly macho but hey, they work well enough to create the illusion of wearing no socks.

lPPiMR9.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I think no show socks are pretty uncomfortable. It's the sacrifice to make to have the no look style, but I would wear it with shorts and never with pants.

NinjaBoiX

Which one:
Tier Zero's

Or Killshot 2

Leaning towards the Zero's. I do have the Jack Purcell converse, but white sneakers are versatile.

Second question, are these Zara sneakers even worth it? Can't really make a judgement, kinda looks bad, kinda looks good. Need a pair of black shoes other than my boots. I'm not a quality fiend obviously.
Hmm, not really feeling either of those man. Don't like the pointy shape of the Tier Zero's or the gum coloured sole of the Killshots.

Adidas Indoor Tennis Mid Cuts man, pure white, great shape and super comfy:

I9cYw1g.jpg

Also, I think those Zara trainers are great:

z5EZN8g.jpg

awesome, it's this one

robert-geller-cadet-jacket-japan-ss-2011-1.jpg
Quality, really really cool.

overcast

Hmm, not really feeling either of those man. Don't like the pointy shape of the Tier Zero's or the gum coloured sole of the Killshots.

Adidas Indoor Tennis Mid Cuts man, pure white, great shape and super comfy:

I9cYw1g.jpg

Also, I think those Zara trainers are great:
Think I still want those Zeroes.. But you have added another one on the list. Some great colors with those mid cuts. Where should I go to get them? Probably gonna grab the Zara shoes, yeah.

Did you guys say you have PSN's? Just grabbed a PS4 finally.

NinjaBoiX

Think I still want those Zeroes.. But you have added another one on the list. Some great colors with those mid cuts. Where should I go to get them? Probably gonna grab the Zara shoes, yeah.
I have them in white and red, I'd like the grey ones and maybe the blue ones too. So comfy man, the cushioning is really thick providing a nice snug fit.

I got them from JD Sports (in the UK), not sure if that helps!

overcast

I have them in white and red, I'd like the grey ones and maybe the blue ones too. So comfy man, the cushioning is really thick providing a nice snug fit.

I got them from JD Sports (in the UK), not sure if that helps!
They ship to the US, right? Cause I literally can't find them anywhere else. Seems to be an exclusive.

My Nike x Fragment Design Lab Harrington arrived yesterday. So glad I managed to get the last Medium of End Clothing and it feels similar to chambray rather than feeling like Nike's tech fabric. Nice and light too, so good for both an Indian summer and for spring.

610f9a3c054e28bc9e8b671a22c294b2_zps69c71ed3.jpg

Top Bottom