• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

This jacket is nice though.

41466916qv_14_r.jpg

NinjaBoiX

purg3

slept with Malkin
General question about jean sizing. I was looking at getting a pair of Unbranded selvedge denim but I've never bought jeans online before that I'm not familiar with or couldn't try on in a store. So I'm not sure where to go in terms of fit and I know this brand has been mentioned in here before so seeing if someone could help. If I like the style and fit of say a Levi 511 ( slim but not a full on skinny jean) should I go with the unbranded skinny? I'm guessing their "Tight fit is their skinny jean and "skinny" would be more of a slim?

Edit and a dumb question, but what's the difference between the standard ones and 21oz? just the weight of the denim?

NinjaBoiX

I do like this, although I could do without the logo. Leather should always be sans logos for me.

(Also, post pics man! Why are people seemingly incapable of posting pics?)
Better than wasting your money.
I dunno, I agree that real leather is preferable, but faux leather isn't automatically a waste of money. I've had a faux leather jacket for nearly ten years, I wear it all the time and have fallen over drunk in it more times than I can count. It still looks great, and isn't scuffed or ripped anywhere.

I'm actually surprised it's lasted so well to be honest.

overcast

Better than wasting your money.
Possibly. But there are too many things for me to buy mannn.

I do like this, although I could do without the logo. Leather should always be sans logos for me.

(Also, post pics man! Why are people seemingly incapable of posting pics?)
Yeah, that's my main beef, why is it on there at all?

I typically do, I was just on my phone and wanted some opinions.

NinjaBoiX

I had a faux leather before too and it felt like I was wearing a plastic bag. I felt like I wasted the money.
Wow, that must've been super cheap! To be fair, mine was only £100, which as I've worn it four or five times a week for the last 10 years with no signs of wear, I think is pretty damn good value for money!
Yeah, that's my main beef, why is it on there at all?

I typically do, I was just on my phone and wanted some opinions.
It's there so you're a walking advert innit.

Also, I post exclusively on my phone and have no problem posting pics, weak excuse overcast!

Just download the imgur app, tap and hold the image, save, open imgur, upload, copy "bbcode", done.

overcast

It's there so you're a walking advert innit.

Also, I post exclusively on my phone and have no problem posting pics, weak excuse overcast!

Just download the imgur app, tap and hold the image, save, open imgur, upload, copy "bbcode", done.
I also prefer pics in this thread, so yeah, I will do that. Fuck the logo, literally can't buy it despite preferring the jacket.

NinjaBoiX

I'm not against logos per se, as evidenced by my trainer collection. I just find it looks a little incongruous and gaudy with certain garments, generally "classic, timeless" stuff like denim, leather, classy dress coats, that kind of stuff.

But then I love loud, brash prints on t-shirts, sweaters and hoodies. It's all subjective innit.

overcast

Absolutely is. One of my friends works at shoe palace, going to look at the selection and see what I would want so I can take advantage :]

Fashion-Gaf,
I'm considering buying a pair of Unbranded jeans, the skinny ones. How do they compare to Levi's 511 in terms of fit?
I noticed that you cannot specify the inseam and they seem pretty long for me (I go for 30 or 32).
Thoughts?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Fashion-Gaf,
I'm considering buying a pair of Unbranded jeans, the skinny ones. How do they compare to Levi's 511 in terms of fit?
I noticed that you cannot specify the inseam and they seem pretty long for me (I go for 30 or 32).
Thoughts?

I would like to know to0, I asked the same question on this same page lol.

yeah the inseam is crazy long. I'll either have to hope for some shrinkage in the first soak and cuff or get them hemmed if i get them.

I would like to know to0, I asked the same question on this same page lol.

yeah the inseam is crazy long. I'll either have to hope for some shrinkage in the first soak and cuff or get them hemmed if i get them.
Oh, I didn't see that.
I was also thinking of similar solutions, but from the pictures that I have seen levi's look like they would fit better. So it's like material vs. fitting.

Need new jeans for the fall/winter, 30(or29 depending)x34 and nothing really expensive ($80 per pair would be my absolute max). Any suggestions?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Oh, I didn't see that.
I was also thinking of similar solutions, but from the pictures that I have seen levi's look like they would fit better. So it's like material vs. fitting.

I live like 10 minutes from a Nordstrom, and they actually had a pair of the UB101 in store. The tag size was 29, which is usually what size I wear ( or 30 depending on the brand). Leg were comparable I think to a 511 but the waist was a little big and there was too much room in the ass. The girl ordered a size down for me so I'll have to wait and see how those work. I loved the feel of them though, and they looked like they would be pretty awesome after break in. My only gripe is that they are long as fuuuuuck. Why would you make an inseam that long on a smaller sized waist? I'll see how much they shrink up after a soak, but they will probably need hemmed. I like to cuff on selvedge jeans but not multiple times, so we will see.

Yeah 511's fit me perfectly, so hopefully these will work out. If not I'll just return them.

Alucrid

Banned
I live like 10 minutes from a Nordstrom, and they actually had a pair of the UB101 in store. The tag size was 29, which is usually what size I wear ( or 30 depending on the brand). Leg were comparable I think to a 511 but the waist was a little big and there was too much room in the ass. The girl ordered a size down for me so I'll have to wait and see how those work. I loved the feel of them though, and they looked like they would be pretty awesome after break in. My only gripe is that they are long as fuuuuuck. Why would you make an inseam that long on a smaller sized waist? I'll see how much they shrink up after a soak, but they will probably need hemmed. I like to cuff on selvedge jeans but not multiple times, so we will see.

Yeah 511's fit me perfectly, so hopefully these will work out. If not I'll just return them.

long inseam means they only have to make different waist sizes, less runs, etc. probably easier for a brand like unbranded. some people like the stack / cuff look, otherwise get it hemmed. also tall skinny people

Makes more sense to make one length than have a thousand different iterations. 29x30, 30x30 30x32 32x30

What happens if you find your waist size but the length size is too short?

purg3

slept with Malkin
long inseam means they only have to make different waist sizes, less runs, etc. probably easier for a brand like unbranded. some people like the stack / cuff look, otherwise get it hemmed. also tall skinny people

Yeah I figured. What's an acceptable amount of cuffing or stacking before it just looks bad? I really don't want to get them hemmed but I guess I'll find out in a few days when they arrive. If I soak them first, can I expect much shrinkage in the the length? I suppose it would be a good idea to do that first before I got them hemmed if they needed it?

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
random what is good to get rid of a small sunscreen stain on my jeans. I tried washing it and the stain faded a little
please these are like my favorite black skinny jeans

NinjaBoiX

Like I was mentioning before it may be better to put the money towards real leather.
I think you just bought a particularly bad jacket Bam if it felt like wearing a plastic bag.

I didn't even know mine wasn't real leather until I looked at the label when I washed it, it feels/looks/wears like the real deal. The only thing missing is that glorious leather smell.

Don't write off faux leather, write off cheap, shitty jackets.
getting flack a lot for always wearing monotone colours (grey, black, white, dark blue)

bright shit doesn't suit me!
It's all about proportion. Just a splash of bright colours can really freshen up a fairly monochrome outfit, maybe a colourful print on a t-shirt, a bright jacket or some striking trainers. I would keep your trousers fairly subtle though, you'll look like a children's TV presenter if you dress head to toe in bright coloured clothing.
The mere idea of a Helmut-retailer collab is just...the antithesis of everything he stood for.
What did he stand for? I don't know anything about the guy, I'm curious.

Thanks a bunch. I was afraid it wouldn't fit me well. I'm not sure how I feel about getting them hemmed so I ll probably just buy the 511, or spend more on a Nudie instead.

Alucrid

Banned
I think you just bought a particularly bad jacket Bam if it felt like wearing a plastic bag.

I didn't even know mine wasn't real leather until I looked at the label when I washed it, it feels/looks/wears like the real deal. The only thing missing is that glorious leather smell.

Don't write off faux leather, write off cheap, shitty jackets.

It's all about proportion. Just a splash of bright colours can really freshen up a fairly monochrome outfit, maybe a colourful print on a t-shirt, a bright jacket or some striking trainers. I would keep your trousers fairly subtle though, you'll look like a children's TV presenter if you dress head to toe in bright coloured clothing.

What did he stand for? I don't know anything about the guy, I'm curious.

he shredded his 6000 garment archive and made them into statues after he retired

Top Bottom