• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Dries Van Noten SS14

_DVN0176.1366x2048.JPG

EDIT:

What's the consensus on this parka? Lined in rabbit fur. Should this be warm enough for winter?

leroidys

So I'm getting pretty close to convincing myself to spend $355 on some wolverine 1000 mile boots. Anything else I should look at as an alternative before I drop the money?

Thanks in advance for any input - I always value your guys' opinions.

About to go HAM

Neo Member
Rogue territory // waxed canvas (unlined)

Thoughts on this jacket? I've been looking at denim jackets, but I think a waxed jacket would be a better buy for rainy seattle.

My size is out of stock. I haven't found many others of similar design =(

Damn, those are beautiful, but the price is <avatar quote>.

Men's boots are one of the things where I can't justify higher prices. Does that pair of boots look significantly different from other boots available at lower prices? Nope. Is it going to last significantly longer than other boots? A little, but with proper care any leather boot is going to last quite a while.

I just don't get it. If I'm going to pay that much for a pair of boots I'm going to pay a cobbler to make them fit my feet exactly.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
nyone else wear converse?

I've got the chuck taylor ones, and they either squeak (still) or cut into my heel (mainly on one shoe) I got size 11 like in all my shoes and they fit alright, don't hurt my feet apart from this

anyone got any solutions?

Alucrid

Banned
Men's boots are one of the things where I can't justify higher prices. Does that pair of boots look significantly different from other boots available at lower prices? Nope. Is it going to last significantly longer than other boots? A little, but with proper care any leather boot is going to last quite a while.

I just don't get it. If I'm going to pay that much for a pair of boots I'm going to pay a cobbler to make them fit my feet exactly.

cobblers repair shoes, not make them

overcast

nyone else wear converse?

I've got the chuck taylor ones, and they either squeak (still) or cut into my heel (mainly on one shoe) I got size 11 like in all my shoes and they fit alright, don't hurt my feet apart from this

anyone got any solutions?
I have worn tons of chucks in my life and they sometimes squeak, but I've never had the cutting into the heel. Wish I could help.
National Standard Serie 3 or 4, not sure which (i never manage to see the difference between those two)
Thanks man.

giga

My god I saw my first pair of Alden Indys in the wild today and I was left in a state of extreme lust. They definitely looked like the Chromexcel version (jcrew/403).

I already have a perfectly great city boot, with my Red Wing Beckman Chukka, but god damn I feel like dropping some cash now. I need a moc-toe.

Thoughts on this jacket? I've been looking at denim jackets, but I think a waxed jacket would be a better buy for rainy seattle.

https://www.weargustin.com/store/1053

Zekes!

I own a pair of Vibergs and they're definitely the nicest boots I've ever seen in person.

That said I haven't seen all of boots in existence, but they're top level shit.

CFMOORE!

I own a pair of Vibergs and they're definitely the nicest boots I've ever seen in person.

That said I haven't seen all of boots in existence, but they're top level shit.

i own two pairs of Aldens and two pairs of Vibergs and i like my vibergs quite a bit more.

Just made my first purchase from J Crew. Needed a couple slim fit cashmere sweaters and Saint Laurent was out of my size. I figure the price is cheap, so if the quality isn't great it isn't too big of a deal.

That sucks man. If all else fails just grab well fitted, cheap clothing. Simple t-shirts or button ups, plus okay pants. That goes a long way. You don't need to go crazy.

Yeah, I can afford some things, but stuff like nice boots for the winter is just going to be a grind for me to get since the nicer ones are priced very high. I can do good with a few shirt here and there, I've been thinking of going to some of the Goodwills in the high end areas because the clothing is generally nicer.

Alucrid

Banned
Just made my first purchase from J Crew. Needed a couple slim fit cashmere sweaters and Saint Laurent was out of my size. I figure the price is cheap, so if the quality isn't great it isn't too big of a deal.

first j crew, then you'll be trawling TJ MAXX in your plokhov x uniqlo sweatsuit

purg3

slept with Malkin

That's pretty nice, I was looking at getting a pointer chore coat for the fall this year. Just bought a dark denim jacket too.

overcast

Let the darkness flow through you.
Yeah, I can afford some things, but stuff like nice boots for the winter is just going to be a grind for me to get since the nicer ones are priced very high. I can do good with a few shirt here and there, I've been thinking of going to some of the Goodwills in the high end areas because the clothing is generally nicer.
I have Doc Martens and got them for under 100. Look good to me and I get compliments. Idk. I understand some boots look really nice at that 200+ range, but that isn't reasonable for some of us. The material difference isn't so important.

But in all seriousness I've been spending the last 3 hours looking for something that catches my eye to purchase and there's nothing.

If I don't buy something soon I'm gonna lose it. That one guy was really good at suggestions, I forget his name though. He had that stupid avatar.

But in all seriousness I've been spending the last 3 hours looking for something that catches my eye to purchase and there's nothing.

If I don't buy something soon I'm gonna lose it. That one guy was really good at suggestions, I forget his name though. He had that stupid avatar.

time to hop on the slp train methinks

edit: or haider

LtOrange

This might be the wrong place to ask this, but do you guys have any recommendations for where to find good money clips w/ cardholders.

rude

Banned
Not sure if anyone cares about women's fashion but boy did Vuitton suck; it was almost like an elevated SLP. The Arnaults really aren't giving designers creativity after Marc's time wasting are they? Bags bags bags. Just a real waste of Nicolas' talent.

Not sure if anyone cares about women's fashion but boy did Vuitton suck; it was almost like an elevated SLP. The Arnaults really aren't giving designers creativity after Marc's time wasting are they? Bags bags bags. Just a real waste of Nicolas' talent.

Yeah, I was bummed, especially considering how much I liked the AW14 collection. I think it's a testament to Nicholas's skills (or how bad fashion week was) that despite being one of his weakest collections ever, it was still in my top five collections this season, along with The Row, Undercover, SLP, and Haider.

Just bought a vintage leather perfecto and an SLP shirt to balance out those J Crew sweaters. Thinking about going for leather pants next.

Top Bottom