• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_ncoefewpDT1qzmkxwo1_500.jpg

rude

Banned
Hermes looks lovely though!
Because he stopped the granny bullshit and made it look like his namesake label. [ d i e s ] @ him finally making a good collection only for him to be replaced by nadege next season.

and miu miu sucked. the only shit i liked was The Row/Marc/a tiny bit of LV and Prada.

Kwixotik

I'm looking for some black jeans. I like Unbranded and wanted to get their black skinnies, but it seems like they're perpetually sold out. Anyone know some other good jeans around the $80 mark?

Because he stopped the granny bullshit and made it look like his namesake label. [ d i e s ] @ him finally making a good collection only for him to be replaced by nadege next season.

and miu miu sucked. the only shit i liked was The Row/Marc/a tiny bit of LV and Prada.

wait backup, lemaire's leaving?? when did this happen??

rude

Banned
rumors are circulating about riccardo leaving too (to Gucci). I believe it, especially after taking this season's shitty greatest hits collection into account + him not making resort. I guess Frida's plan w/marrying the Gucci president flopped lol. I think Fall will be his last collection.

I'm looking for some black jeans. I like Unbranded and wanted to get their black skinnies, but it seems like they're perpetually sold out. Anyone know some other good jeans around the $80 mark?
I'm pretty happy with mine from Uniqlo actually, not raw or selvedge or whatever but they fit really nicely

Are they true to size?

Edit:
Should I get this? It's a wool blend and the leather straps are fake, but it's only $99 for a cool looking winter coat.

I'd say Uniqlo is fairly true to size though the inseams only come in either 32 or 34, though luckily hemming is available if you need it.

I'm always surprised to see hoods on somewhat traditional looking coats, if you're over 30 a hood just isn't acceptable.

lol no.

Duffle Coat

They are by far my favorite fall/winter coat. Looking to get the +J one next week from Uniqlo myself. I like having a heavy coat that has a hood, it's handy for those surprise rainstorms.

Alucrid

Banned
Am visiting a friend I'm Philadelphia, coincidently when uniqlo opened up. Git the plus j suit and a shit ton of free heattech

This question has likely been asked but what are some low end brands preferred by the GAF fashion fans?

I usually stick with stuff I can find at JC Penny or Sears. And in some rare cases I get Express for "nicer" things.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
^ Thought $100 was the actual price of those shoes and it seemed like a fine deal. Oh.

This question has likely been asked but what are some low end brands preferred by the GAF fashion fans?

I usually stick with stuff I can find at JC Penny or Sears. And in some rare cases I get Express for "nicer" things.

In the 'higher than I can usually afford' range: the sale racks at Club Monaco (although their XS stuff rarely gets that far) and Allsaints are decent. Nordstrom clears out Scotch & Soda, Marc by Marc, T by Alexander Wang, etc with some regularity... Macy's (which is essentially JC Penny for cityfolk at this point) always seems to have a few nice Calvin Klein extra-slim shirts for half off.

In the 'fashion bros say it's trash b/c they wear $3k outfits but it's actually fine for regular dudes' bracket: Topman, Uniqlo (boring as hell, tbh, but nice for basics), Zara (kinda weird most of the time and there's a lot of bad fake leather accents, but gems can be found), Asos (H&M-tier quality, but at least there's a ton of variety).

I've sort of given up on clothing in general lately. Affordable has come to mean mind-numbingly bland, and anything even remotely interesting is probably far too expensive for the average person.

NinjaBoiX

Even I don't think $300 is an obscene amount to pay as long as they're good quality. I'd be probably pushed to stick my hand in my pocket personally, but I don't think it's a crazy price.

CFMOORE!

^ yeah, $300 on shell cordovan sneakers isn't really obscene. the concept might be considered obscene though! and while not Horween shell, I am sure the process is just as painstaking to get the material prepared so the cost naturally gets passed along to the customer a bit.

the navy and cigar colors were too good to pass up. this is crazy though. i just pre-ordered those, then pre-ordered two Alden's from Leffot, and on style forum they are getting a group buy on some Viberg makeups that are currently in the voting process.

right there alone is about $3k in shoes i am about to spend!

Any thoughts on J Crew, Armani Exchange, or Banana Republic? Is there a perceivable difference in quality from the stuff available in Macy's, Gap, ect...?
In the 'higher than I can usually afford' range: the sale racks at Club Monaco (although their XS stuff rarely gets that far) and Allsaints are decent. Nordstrom clears out Scotch & Soda, Marc by Marc, T by Alexander Wang, etc with some regularity... Macy's (which is essentially JC Penny for cityfolk at this point) always seems to have a few nice Calvin Klein extra-slim shirts for half off.

In the 'fashion bros say it's trash b/c they wear $3k outfits but it's actually fine for regular dudes' bracket: Topman, Uniqlo (boring as hell, tbh, but nice for basics), Zara (kinda weird most of the time and there's a lot of bad fake leather accents, but gems can be found), Asos (H&M-tier quality, but at least there's a ton of variety).

I've sort of given up on clothing in general lately. Affordable has come to mean mind-numbingly bland, and anything even remotely interesting is probably far too expensive for the average person.
Thank you. I actually haven't heard of most of those brands. Time to do research.

I think that Jcrew is above the two other: made in china but with better quality material:

Belong to the retail japanese giant Fast Retailing (Uniqlo, Comptoir des cotonniers, National standard)

Armani Exchange is like Zara-level Armani

Banana Republic belong to GAP and is the upscale version.

giga

Any thoughts on J Crew, Armani Exchange, or Banana Republic? Is there a perceivable difference in quality from the stuff available in Macy's, Gap, ect...?

Thank you. I actually haven't heard of most of those brands. Time to do research.
No idea about Armani Exchange, but Jcrew and BR will be above in fit and finish than your usual mass department store items in Macy's and JCP.

Top Bottom