• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Ordered sunday night, package got here wednesday morning that's a record for TBS. I love the sweater, the overlong length is especially nice. I would highly recommend checking it out if you're looking for something basic but with a slight twist.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
thanks for the help guys!

I was looking on ebay for the Y-3's, and there's no guarantee they are real, besides i also want the black on white sole. But then I realize that the fake's look just as real - so i went on instagram and found thru an asian seller slanging them for $200 shipped to LA. I'm about to pull the trigger soon. Suspect or naw? I'm cool with the fakes.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
generally they are, but they're not in production anymore, and I want a pair.

Phil S.

Banned
It seems I'm way out of touch when it comes to men's fashion! I'm still stuck with American Eagle stuff. I like how the jeans and khakis fit, and I like button up collar shirts. That's typically what I wear. Though I did buy a cardigan from them that's coming in the mail soon for winter and the cooler fall days.

A lot of you have great taste, btw! :)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I go back and forth on fakes. Like, why would I still pay that much for a knockoff? But at the same time, it'd be impossible to justify more than double for the real thing and no one's going to know the difference but me, so...

Go_Ly_Dow

Really want some long sleeve polo's but all the decent ones have been sold out on Asos for weeks now.

RESTOCK DAMMIT YOU FUCKS AND TAKE MY MONEY

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Really want some long sleeve polo's but all the decent ones have been sold out on Asos for weeks now.

RESTOCK DAMMIT YOU FUCKS AND TAKE MY MONEY

Asos doesn't restock much; they're more likely to just post up some new/similar items. That's one site where you better grab something you like if it's available, 'cause it might not be seen again.

Alucrid

Banned
rgelr3001012560_m1_1-0_336x596.jpg

might buy this,

I figured as much. Kickstarter also has another one by https://www.kickstarter.com/project...hursday-everyday?ref=watched_project_launched

Might wait for Red Wings

That project is much more interesting because the boots are attractive Alden rip-offs with a Dainite sole, something I've been frustrated that none of the traditional American boot companies have done well (Allen Edmonds has started using some Dainitie soles but in an ugly bright red color and Oak St Bootmakers has used them but they cost almost as much as Alden.)

Rookje

I had hope Wings+Horns would re-introduce the Dayton x W+H service boot with their heritage anniversary line, but doesn't seem like they're going to.

Alucrid

Banned
only got two shirts from the +J thing, everything else was out in my size by 3:30

Gonna poke the collection once I get work at 5... I think I'll hold off on the duffle for now though I have a $10 off coupon I need to redeem online. So if they have it, I'll probably just try it on and then order online.

May try for some shirts or something.

Edit: 2 shirts & a v-neck sweater for me. Duffle isn't as impressive as I thought it'd be.

6dd33cda11a95099b76909524db8b354_zps21c61cbd.jpg

Now I need some collar stays...

hypernima

Banned
What's the consensus on grown men and bobble hats?

Say, if I wanted to wear something like this

Yay or nay?

I personally wear them, but it has to be the right one in my opinion. not to loud, etc.
That one seems like it would be better on someone else than him though.

Morris

Disco Devil
Yo. Can anyone point me to a site where I can buy good prescription glasses? I'm looking for some circle glasses but I'm open for ideas. I like some of those Mykita x MMM sunglasses but I don't know if you can get the lenses changed.

If I can't find anything I'll probably just end up updating the lenses on my boring ass clubmasters.

Rookje

TPn2QAE.jpg

rbuhcPO.jpg

My 5 year old APCs have developed a nasty hole. I've had probably two repairs already (in the crotch). (The one on the left is a repair, one on the right is a new gigantic hole)

Think I can repair them? I was thinking of using denimtherapy, has anyone tried them?

NinjaBoiX

What's the consensus on grown men and bobble hats?
I sometimes wear them if it's cold out. Most of my female friends seem to like the look, I often get positive comments, my male friends don't comment one way or the other. Here are the ones I wear most regularly:

jbci5al.jpg

Just last night after work (I was wearing the burgundy one in the middle) two of the barmaids said "we were just talking about how adorable you look in your hat, it's very cute". :p

Of course "cute/adorable" may not be quite the look you are going for! My GF usually just gives me a vaguely disparaging glance before giving a noncommittal, half-hearted "nice hat" or something similar. I don't think she's a fan.

But screw you woman, I don't have any hair.

Edit:also, while I'm here, two new pick ups today:

dBKtGXG.jpg

C1nfBEr.jpg

I'm pretty sure y'all know this already but Urban Outfitters has a 50% off sale on the already sale items... was able to pick these two up for really damn cheap.

Hawkings McGill Suede Chukkas for $35:
Vans Chauffeur Tri-Tone for $10:

What shade of trousers do y'all recommend for the chukkas? Basically anything lighter or darker than the shoe right?

NinjaBoiX

ninjaboi logic. dip dyes are too much but a shirt about pepperoni is totally cool.
It's just a daft t-shirt dude, it was half price, a nice fit and I found it mildly amusing. You can afford to be a bit impulsive when you spend the cost of a few pints on a garment.

It's quite liberating, you should try it.

Fashion: serious business.

Sky Chief

I need a shirt/t-shirt that would be good for a UV/glow stick party and surprisingly can't find anything good. Looking for maybe a white graphic t-shirt with some awesome neon or pastel design. Any suggestions of where to look would be great.

Picked up some awesome items during my NYC stay.

Ted Baker quilted jacket
Ted Baker socks
John Varvatos button up white shirt
Jcew sweater
Barneys NYC button up fannel shirt

NYC is pretty awesome if you know where you're going, thankfully I was in good hands. So many nice boutiques everywhere.

Top Bottom