• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

How much do you guys pay for tailoring? I just went and they said about $35 for each shirt (2 total) because it was going to be a lot of work, but I negotiated down to $30 each. I have a really, really slim build (Crohn's disease) so I find few casual button downs that I like and that fit me. Is that about the normal range or should I try and find somewhere cheaper next time?

@Illithid Dude

Saw this on RIch Kids of Instagram

tumblr_ndnfm5ARtz1rb86ldo1_400.jpg

You pull it off better.

jesus christ his chin

How is the quality of the Pendleton flannel shirts these days? I am not sure on the idea of wool but I've never had a wool shirt before to my knowledge. Also does anyone know where they're made? It says Imported of USA Fabric. Is it China, Bangladesh, or somewhere else?

Edit: Called them today, the board shirt is made in Mexico.

NinjaBoiX

UK fashion GAF, you should check out OPEN. It's a new skinflint clothing store ala H&M/Primark but the quality actually seems really good. The fits are nice and the materials seem fairly decent. They are a nice close fit and the cotton is reassuringly thick and smooth to the touch. I just spent £20 on three t-shirts and I'm tentatively impressed.

I say tentatively because I've yet to wash them but initial indications are positive!

I was looking at getting some merino wool sweaters and kind of narrowed it down to banana republic or uniqlo. Does anyone have opinions/experience with either?

Lem

Neo Member
Can someone tell me where i can find such gray sweater:
kdMrcVa.png

Obviously it doesn't has to be exactly the same but something like it :)

Is selvedge denim common in a relaxed fit? Just from some quick searching, this doesn't appear to be the case though I figure I asked you folks.

Is selvedge denim common in a relaxed fit? Just from some quick searching, this doesn't appear to be the case though I figure I asked you folks.
I don't think it being selvedge has much to do with it, more that the market is focused on the skinny fits. The Rawr Denim scout doesn't even offer the option of searching for a relaxed fit: it's straight, tapered, slim straight, or slim tapered. I'm a straight-fit man, myself.

Oh man, didn't even know such a thread existed.

We definitely gonna be in here. Any other Vancouver people here?

Just spent like 750 at The Bay. Got some PRL shirts, a London Fog casual jacket and a bunch of accessories.

Gonna hit up Harry Rosen at Pacific Centre tonight for the first time. I didn't really like their Oakridge place. How's their customer service? I got some money to blow for dat Autumn style

Dhadwal, you in here or what?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Can someone tell me where i can find such gray sweater:
kdMrcVa.png

Obviously it doesn't has to be exactly the same but something like it :)

Any plain gray sweater is fine really. Crewneck or a slight v-neck, warmer/thicker one in the winter. Goes well with almost any colored shirt underneath.

NinjaBoiX

No and yeah. This is how they fit now http://i.imgur.com/hC86Er1.jpg (forgive the shirt, didn't iron it). And yeah even though I'm 17 and stick-like (thanks Crohn's!), I still feel like they're a bit too slim. I dunno, maybe they'd look better if I could actually fill them out, but alas.
They fit fine, nothing wrong with them.
Does the length on this shirts sleeves seem fine?

Fits almost exactly like that on me.
Maybe a little long for my tastes, I prefer like halfway up the bicep. But certainly don't look daft.
TEAM QASA ⚡️⚡️⚡️

pn7IOkM.jpg
Cool as fuck, just out of my price range I think!

Antagon

Lots of Japanese brands run relaxed fits. Take a look at Momotaro, they've got some pretty nice stuff. Something like a 0201 (They call it slim fit, but it's definitely wider then any slim fit I've ever seen), or an 0901 (classic straight).

There's also lots of repro's of older Levi's, which tend to be a lot wider then modern jeans. LVC is an obvious choice for that, but sugarcane has some really nice repro's as well. If you're willing to search, you should be able to find cheaper options from Indonesian brands.

they look fine

They look too loose if anything. Certainly not skin tight
looks good

Those jeans are fine psycho.
Thanks guys, it was probably just because the dark color + the denim seemed to be more rigid than looser if that makes any sense.

Also does anyone know if these Grey/White Sawa shoes are still available anywhere
54497_ED3107

I really like them but they're only sold on Jcrew and they're only for final sale there and I don't want to take any chances with sizing.

TEAM QASA ⚡️⚡️⚡️

pn7IOkM.jpg

*internet hi-five*

Got my pair of the triple blacks in today from the Sneakersnstuff restock. Seems like a few other stores (Sneakerboy, End) got restocks in both the highs and the racer.

Received the Ronnie Fieg x Adidas EQT RS '93 today also. Not Ronnie's best work but I've got a thing for gold sneakers at the moment.

obin_gam

In the autumn and spring I have a green tweed blazer at work. But I needed something more wintery now. So this is todays loot:
Q9bzrlN.jpg

Blazer (and handkerchief) from Tiger Of Sweden
Scarf to go with my grey coat from MQ
and a Batman cap from Cubus

Bought my first Elder Statesman piece today. Maybe the softest thing I own. Totally worth the absolutely absurd price.

Anyways, I was trawling through Yoox last night, and I ran in to a couple cashmere brands. Anyone know anything about Ballantyne, Cruciani, or Drumohr? Are they brands worth buying from?

I prefer the second pair, but then i really only wear gloves with coats so I don't want them to bunch at the wrist. ymmv.
Bought my first Elder Statesman piece today. Maybe the softest thing I own. Totally worth the absolutely absurd price.

Anyways, I was trawling through Yoox last night, and I ran in to a couple cashmere brands. Anyone know anything about Ballantyne, Cruciani, or Drumohr? Are they brands worth buying from?
cruciani good, ballantyne available on yoox meh, drumohr i dunno but i hear good.

Nzz5QpEl.jpg

covert dorkops

jey_16

Banned
Gaf....what do you think, i have a wedding to attend and going with a navy blue suit. Originally i decided on a light blue shirt, navy tie, tie clip with dark brown belt and shoes. Ordered the shirt today and was happy. Still have some time to decide on the suit

Now though im having second thoughts, maybe. I should have been more adventurous with the shirt? But since i get my shirts tailored, it would be another $100 since there are no refunds.

Other option i was thinking about was grey suit, purple check shirt and purple tie. Since i already have a grey suit, would only have to buy the shirt and tie (on top of the $100 already spent)

Thoughts?

Quick

Banned
This might seem like an odd question, but which store sells the best quality henley shirt?

I was looking at H&M's, and it looked really thin and easily torn. This is from the basics section, to be fair. Are henleys supposed to be thin?

imo would depend on the type/setting of the wedding; modern and chic (ie reception in a high rise) would mesh with a navy/brown two hit, a little quaint dealo on a farmstead or whatnot calls for a grey and purple assault.

jey_16

Banned
imo would depend on the type/setting of the wedding; modern and chic (ie reception in a high rise) would mesh with a navy/brown two hit, a little quaint dealo on a farmstead or whatnot calls for a grey and purple assault.

Its going to be a big thing at a fancy hotel in the city as far as i know.

If im going with the navy suit, stick with light blue shirt or go for something more flashy?

Top Bottom