• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

NinjaBoiX

Bought some more stuff, gots me some disposable income these days! :p

6PNlPlx.jpg

OzCnMx3.jpg

Who's making the comfiest hoodies these days? Still A+F?
Beck & Hersey stuff is really comfortable provided you don't mind looking a bit like a juvenile delinquent; their prints are often quite loud and brash but you can get some more subtle garments.

They're fairly loose fitting, made of nice thick, heavy gauge materials that are smooth to the skin and they're well stitched together.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Also, anyone have any recommendations for messenger bags?

I was going to get this visconti xl for $130 off amazon, but I was wondering if anyone has any other choices? I also heard that the color may run off onto your clothes, but I'm not sure if anyone has any experience with visconti's and can say?

m_zzyUZkTLzkBz8d_SnnH4g.jpg

Definitely less than a full size. The 511s I've had were all cotton (as opposed to the 2% elastane the 510s have) and there were no issues fitting into them after a spin in the dryer.
Alright, so length wise if the 32s are already about as short as I'd like to go, should they still be good to go after a wash? The 34s I have are way too long unwashed.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Alright, so length wise if the 32s are already about as short as I'd like to go, should they still be good to go after a wash? The 34s I have are way too long unwashed.

I may not be the best person to ask regarding length, given that I can buy a 28 leg and still need to cuff them, heh. That said, I only noticed a modest change in length after washing.

I may not be the best person to ask regarding length, given that I can buy a 28 leg and still need to cuff them, heh. That said, I only noticed a modest change in length after washing.
Hmm, then I'd love to go with 30/34's but alas, they are hardly anywhere to be found (even online).

Laekon

If your looking for a low cost boot take a look at these

http://dappered.com/2014/09/in-review-the-jc-penney-stafford-deacon-gunner-boot/

The Deacon isn't on the website right now but I know it's in stores.

For the watch there are better low cost brands like Orient and Seiko.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008FRIA1Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

NinjaBoiX

The blazer looks like it's for a camp magician.

The black and white leather jacket is fussy and white leather is just "no" for me.

The black leather jacket is better but still overly adorned with zips and stuff IMO.

I quite like the duffle coat.

Isn't that a girl's coat? Please don't buy this.

So the duffle coat I guess.
This jacket.. fuck. Anyone?
Pretty nice man, I love the colour.

Jubs

Looking at buying the Wolverine 1K boot, but I can't decide between Rust or Cordovan no. 8. Brown is not an option, as I already have a few brown shoes, so it's down to those 2. Which do you prefer? Which do you think would be most versatile? I'd be wearing these w/ jeans, chinos of varying colors, and the occasional dress pant.

Kraftwerk

The blazer looks like it's for a camp magician.

The black and white leather jacket is fussy and white leather is just "no" for me.

The black leather jacket is better but still overly adorned with zips and stuff IMO.

I quite like the duffle coat.

Isn't that a girl's coat? Please don't buy this.

Seriously, who cares if it's a girls coat, even if it is.

And you should know by now, that Illithid Dude can pull off literally anything.

@Illithid Dude

This one is too simple;

And you see people wear all the variations everyday.

Do you have other nice leather jackets? If not, then I would buy one of the leather ones.

Overall I would buy a nice winter coat. It can make you feel so much nicer and warmer. The winter coat I splurged on last year was a life-saver.

BumRush

Fashion GAF, recommend me a stylish pair of light brown wingtips for under $250 USD.

(Would like them to be wearable with both dress pants and corduroys / jeans, if possible).

Thanks in advance!

NinjaBoiX

Seriously, who cares if it's a girls coat, even if it is.
Seriously? I dunno man, wearing girl's clothes...

Not saying it is actually a girl's coat, but it's very feminine. The cut, the pattern, it's just, girlie.

But fair play man, whatever butters your parsnips. Just offering my opinion as was requested.

Just bought a beautiful red merino wool Paul Smith chesterfield, one of only three in the world. Think I'm gonna go for the gold blazer, and some random SLP accessories, but that's all pretty tentative right now.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Do you guys have any recommendations on leather backpacks that are actually big enough to hold some textbooks? Preferably under a $100?

Nasser

Thinking about getting a watch. I want something classic/traditional/dress . I've been looking online and found this, I'm not sure whether I should go with gold or silver color

c3-gwt-f-o_1.jpg

or

c3swt-mk2.jpg

Thoughts?

Linius

Thinking about getting a watch. I want something classic/traditional/dress . I've been looking online and found this, I'm not sure whether I should go with gold or silver color

c3-gwt-f-o_1.jpg

or

c3swt-mk2.jpg

Thoughts?

Not a fan of gold, so flashy. But I think it's very personal, just go with what you like.

overcast

http://sneakersnstuff.com/en/product/15702/adidas-y-3-qasa-high

Sneakersnstuff just dropped a full size run restock on these! Get on it!
I don't have 350 and probably wouldn't be able to put together an outfit around these.
c3swt-mk2.jpg

Thoughts?
I prefer this one because of the silver.

Desi

just copped a handful of old geller bottoms that i can't wear to work. hate how my taste in fasino goes through the same three stages every year: quirky office (Ervell), japanese leather daddy (julius), romance nerd (Geller & Ann D).

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Hey guys, is it possible to alter a pea coat's sleeve length? I bought one off Amazon, and it's perfect, except that the sleeve length is about an inch too low, and it goes just past my thumb knuckle, and I would like it brought up a bit.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Was weird visiting Vegas and seeing so many of Ill's purchases in person while walking through the super high-end shops (including that jacket) :eek:

Top Bottom