• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

^^ suit supply.

definitely go with the first if you're not a blazer dude. mustard is a 'i have a blazer addiction and am running out of options to justify my habit' color.

Salazar

Trying to shift Engineered Garments (Baker jacket, red cord pants), Post Overalls (Engineer jacket, Traveller vest), Paul Smith (navy blazer), and Oliver Spencer (corduroy jacket) on Ebay.

C'mon fools. Part with your money.

Hello! I am trying to find some glasses, but I need some assistance.

I'm looking for a more retro style -- glasses with perfectly circular frames. I have been to all the local glasses stores and haven't found any; apparently, they are quite difficult to find. I'm thinking of ordering myself a pair of these, but they are expensive and a little flashier than what I have in mind. Basic, all-black or all-silver frames would be better.

So my question is, is there anywhere I can find glasses like this for a reasonable price?

On Christmas my family gave me a pair of leather boots. I don't think they're anything fancy, but they look better than most shoes I've owned, and plus I would like to wear them around to show that I appreciate the gift.

They're like this, but brown.

RMyVVOf.jpg

Anyway, I've never owned any leather shoes. Apparently leather and water don't mix? It's been raining constantly here, so I haven't bothered wearing them out. Is there anything I should do to weatherproof them?

NinjaBoiX

Ordered this jacket.

91qPgnguHeL._UY500_.jpg

We'll see how it looks.
I've never been a massive fan of that type of material/cut, it always makes things look like they've just been washed to fuck over the years and are all skewed out of shape. Would look much better with a stiffer, smoother material and a straighter cut to the pockets IMO.

I like the funnel neck and epaulettes though, I just think the jacket itself has a kind of "second hand" look to it due to its construction.

Turin

Banned
That's nice! Where's it from?

Here ya go. :D

I've never been a massive fan of that type of material/cut, it always makes things look like they've just been washed to fuck over the years and are all skewed out of shape. Would look much better with a stiffer, smoother material and a straighter cut to the pockets IMO.

I like the funnel neck and epaulettes though, I just think the jacket itself has a kind of "second hand" look to it due to its construction.

tumblr_inline_ms95n2NkKb1qz4rgp.gif

Lol. I'm obviously not a wardrobe/fashion connoisseur so I just kind of wing it and stick with what I like. :p

NinjaBoiX

As long as you like it that's the main thing! I mean, fashion is subjective, just giving my opinion innit. I'm sure the weathered look is entirely intentional, I'm just not personally a fan.

I have a very similar jacket in khaki, haven't worn it in years, maybe I'll dig it out! :p

Turin

Banned
Oh it's cool. I just didn't quite get what you were saying when I first read it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have a blue jacket like that one that is getting worn out so I'm looking for a replacement. My only concern, like with anything you buy online, is that it's sturdy. I ordered a different jacket a while back that felt like it would rip if I extended my arm too far. o_O

NinjaBoiX

http://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/burberry_prorsum/printed-fine-cotton-jersey-t-shirt/452131
This shirt is gorgeous.

Edit: I can't post the image itself on my phone. But it's pretty and I can't buy it. So cool.
Here you go:

Tevb4yi.jpg

I'll never understand this, it's exactly the same as you'd do it on a PC, but you tap and hold instead of right click on the image to bring up the drop down box. I post exclusively on my phone and have never had this issue, bloody luddites! :p

(I do like the shirt by the way. Not sure if I'd choose it for myself, but it's nice.)

two of the three j crew sweaters i bought two months ago have ripped. i guess that's the last time i'm buying something from them.

bought a hedi-era ysl cashmere sweater to replace one though, so it's not all bad.

overcast

Here you go:

Tevb4yi.jpg

I'll never understand this, it's exactly the same as you'd do it on a PC, but you tap and hold instead of right click on the image to bring up the drop down box. I post exclusively on my phone and have never had this issue, bloody luddites! :p

(I do like the shirt by the way. Not sure if I'd choose it for myself, but it's nice.)
Usually I do that, it just wasn't working because the mobile site is weird for Porter.
two of the three j crew sweaters i bought two months ago have ripped. i guess that's the last time i'm buying something from them.
Wow, what the hell? And you didn't do anything to them? I would contact customer service. 2/3 is bad.

What kinda experience do you guys have with Indochino, that made to measure internet company?

They have one of their shops here in Vancouver. I need a new suit or two in April.

none personally but a friend did one for his wedding and it looked nice. i'd think going to a shop would definitely cut down on the #1 complaint I see about the service (fucked up first round measurements), so I'd give it a look.

also please don't be a dork and get some weird blazer lining just because you can.

CFMOORE!

What kinda experience do you guys have with Indochino, that made to measure internet company?

They have one of their shops here in Vancouver. I need a new suit or two in April.

back when i bought, mid 2011, their prices weren't bad for the quality and MTM aspect. So long as you were careful to measure correctly and provide accurate information, the suit would generally fit really well and require little to no extra tailoring. their prices seemed to have skyrocketed since but hopefully so has the quality.

the three suits i have from them have held up really well after lots of wearings and maybe only one or two dry cleanings on each suit.

back when i bought, mid 2011, their prices weren't bad for the quality and MTM aspect. So long as you were careful to measure correctly and provide accurate information, the suit would generally fit really well and require little to no extra tailoring. their prices seemed to have skyrocketed since but hopefully so has the quality.

the three suits i have from them have held up really well after lots of wearings and maybe only one or two dry cleanings on each suit.

Did you measure yourself or did you go to one of their shops/traveling tailors?

CFMOORE!

Did you measure yourself or did you go to one of their shops/traveling tailors?

Measured myself. Wore a button up of similar weight that I normally would wear and a pair of wool pants from another suit that fit decently. Also had shoes on. Basically be as close to wearing a suit as you would. Just no jacket.

I also made certain measurements a little more tight than they suggest since I like a slim feel. So things like bicep, wrist, knee I pulled the tailor measure tape more tightly since I am really slim and didn't want billowy arms and such. You need not do the same if you aren't worried about such things.

Measured myself. Wore a button up of similar weight that I normally would wear and a pair of wool pants from another suit that fit decently. Also had shoes on. Basically be as close to wearing a suit as you would. Just no jacket.

I also made certain measurements a little more tight than they suggest since I like a slim feel. So things like bicep, wrist, knee I pulled the tailor measure tape more tightly since I am really slim and didn't want billowy arms and such. You need not do the same if you aren't worried about such things.

Thanks man.

I'm thinking about getting the "Essential Gray Suit". I really, really dig that shade.

It's the Michael Mann fan in me that needs it.

1415409230.1804480175.additional.01.original.jpg

I'm just apprehensive about it not coming right the first time and having to get sent back again and again. Time crunches.

Turin

Banned
Okay. I ordered it and will send back the more expensive one when it shows up.

Allllllll good in the neighborhood. :D

Thanks man.

I'm thinking about getting the "Essential Gray Suit". I really, really dig that shade.

I'm just apprehensive about it not coming right the first time and having to get sent back again and again. Time crunches.

Collateral? Collateral. ;)

NinjaBoiX

Thinking of getting this jacket from Stone Island. Thoughts on it? Should I just get a basic color SI jacket? http://www.stoneisland.com/us/stone-island/men/full-length-jacket_cod41466925dh.html
Hideous, even without that ill advised print. If you must purchase it get the standard colour one but I really wouldn't. Looks like something a mosher from the 90's would wear.

Do not cop.

Edit: I just realised "mosher" is very much a British colloquialism. A mosher is a sweaty metal fan with long greasy hair, band t-shirt, trenchcoat, chunky metal clad boots and bad facial hair.

Thanks man.

Didn't you say you were trying to lose weight? A tailored suit might not work out in the long run.

Trying to shift Engineered Garments (Baker jacket, red cord pants), Post Overalls (Engineer jacket, Traveller vest), Paul Smith (navy blazer), and Oliver Spencer (corduroy jacket) on Ebay.

C'mon fools. Part with your money.
sizes? if they're still available

also any good sales still going?

Linius

Stone Island kind of got a 'bad' name in The Netherlands. Your typical a-hole douchebag that hangs around in parks or under bridges buys Stone Island clothing to assure a certain status. And for the life of me I don't get why that brand is so expensive.

It did deliver a good video of some dude showing of his Stone Island jacket. He's talking with a black persons accent, to make clear he's from the hood.

It's also very popular amongst hooligans. One of their jackets in particular can be zipped up all the way only leavings the eyes visible. That way they can still see but can't be identified from camera footage. Some Dutch hooligan who supports the same club as me (sadly) came on TV calling it 'Stone Iceland' about five times in a small interview. These kind of people don't their brand image much good :lol

lupin23rd

Looking to purchase a Filson briefcase as a belated Christmas present for myself, but having a bit of difficulty choosing a color (clearly the solution is to buy one of each right?)

Curious what colors GAF is rocking these days.

The tan seems to be the classic, but I feel like I'd rather use that in the summer, and am more looking towards a fall bag at the moment.

Black seems boring to me, which leaves green, brown, and navy.

Current wardrobe is brown corduroy and grey tweed herringbone blazers, a grey peacoat, and denim and colored corduroys to match with the above (aside from cord on cord), if that matters much.

Is here is something I should be coordinating or complementing with the rest of my outfit when picking a bag?

Not in a conservative office environment - I've strolled into work in shorts and flip flops in summer.

Top Bottom