• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

MoodyFog

that was about what i spent on shoes alone :(

image.php

I spent northward of 5k this year on men's fashawn. Could/Should have been more, but I saving for a car.

What y'all at?

I would guess 10-15k, but I really haven't kept count

Edit:

I did some math and hit 18k, but I'm missing a bunch of stuff and can't remember if I bought my black SLP blazer this year or last year so it could easily be 20k plus. Basically, way too much.

LProtag

Hm. I was just really getting started with fashion this year and didn't want to make any huge purchases without knowing what I was doing, so I've been collecting basics around the Uniqlo/Dockers/Levis level of pricing. My biggest purchase this year was my Iron Rangers.

Also I'm just a substitute teacher (though I had some long term stints where I got paid more) so I don't have a huge budget for fashion. I'd say I spent somewhere around 750.

First purchase of 2015! Saint Laurent mesh vest from SS14 (to use as a layering piece). Looks like my second purchase is gonna be a new pair of sunglasses since I think I lost mine during the New Years festivities.

NinjaBoiX

As an average I'd say I probably spend around £50-100 a month on clothes, so conservatively I'd estimate I spent around a grand.

lol at you clowns who spent upwards of five figures, y'all need to shop smarter and stop being vain label sluts.

rude

Banned
First purchase of 2015! Saint Laurent mesh vest from SS14 (to use as a layering piece). Looks like my second purchase is gonna be a new pair of sunglasses since I think I lost mine during the New Years festivities.
grab some oliver peoples. i just bought a pair and they're beautiful.

CFMOORE!

As an average I'd say I probably spend around £50-100 a month on clothes, so conservatively I'd estimate I spent around a grand.

lol at you clowns who spent upwards of five figures, y'all need to shop smarter and stop being vain label sluts.

shoes rarely go on sale. you can't get Aldens or Vibergs for anything less than their full retail value. I am a boot whore as of late. Any other piece of clothing I tend to be patient on or care significantly less about. Take this jacket for instance,

http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/us/alexandermcqueen/jacket_cod41452815ra.html

i was close to buying it at full retail many months back, but i talked myself out of it. now it is way more attractive and will probably end up in my closet.

Alucrid

Banned
shoes rarely go on sale. you can't get Aldens or Vibergs for anything less than their full retail value. I am a boot whore as of late. Any other piece of clothing I tend to be patient on or care significantly less about. Take this jacket for instance,

http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/us/alexandermcqueen/jacket_cod41452815ra.html

i was close to buying it at full retail many months back, but i talked myself out of it. now it is way more attractive and will probably end up in my closet.
Can you still be talked out of it?

purg3

slept with Malkin
So after going back and forth for a while, I'm going to order a pair of Alden Indy 405's. I just wanted to get a second opinion on sizing since this will be my first pair of Alden boots. I wear an 8.5 in Clarks DB as well as an 8.5D Chippewa boots. Would I be safe with an 8.5D in the Indy's or should I go with an 8D?

just go with your regular boot size, IMO, unless the brand itself specifically states to go down a bit. I've worn my dad's alden indy's, we're both 9, and they fit fine.

psychward: maybe youreyeslie?

if you're not wearing meggings, mesh vests or dresses are you really even a men's fashion enthusiast?

tried on the margiela/mykita frames a bit ago ... p cool but i dunno why they're 500 bones or whatever.

edit: what's the deal with zegna runway anyway? when i was in vegas over the summer, the boutique in fuckin crystals didn't have any of pilati's shit. the fuck is the point of hiring the dude if you only drop his shit in like 10 stores. motherfuckers.

CFMOORE!

So after going back and forth for a while, I'm going to order a pair of Alden Indy 405's. I just wanted to get a second opinion on sizing since this will be my first pair of Alden boots. I wear an 8.5 in Clarks DB as well as an 8.5D Chippewa boots. Would I be safe with an 8.5D in the Indy's or should I go with an 8D?

Are you an 8.5 in sneakers and find those two boots to be true to size? With Alden, and I believe the Trubalance last, which the Indys you're looking at most certainly will be on, you should size down a half if you have a normal width foot

GiJoccin

Thanks for pointing these out, hadn't heard of the company before. Very pretty!

Edit: How are Gustin's button ups?

i love em, they feel high quality. i only have their chambrays, and i get rave reviews, look and feel better than some shirts i've paid more for

downside is you wait 3 months for your clothes after you order them

purg3

slept with Malkin
Are you an 8.5 in sneakers and find those two boots to be true to size? With Alden, and I believe the Trubalance last, which the Indys you're looking at most certainly will be on, you should size down a half if you have a normal width foot

I'm an 8.5 in Vans and a 9 in Onitsuka Tigers ( only sneakers I wear). The chippewa in 8.5D are perfect width and length, they do get a little tight if I wear a thicker boot sock though. DB's are also perfect in 8.5. So are you saying I should size down to an 8D in the Indy's? Sizing these boots are becoming a headache lol, I had another guy say he wears the same size in DB and Indy's. So now I'm not sure if I should go 8.5D or 8D.

CFMOORE!

I'm an 8.5 in Vans and a 9 in Onitsuka Tigers ( only sneakers I wear). The chippewa in 8.5D are perfect width and length, they do get a little tight if I wear a thicker boot sock though. DB's are also perfect in 8.5. So are you saying I should size down to an 8D in the Indy's? Sizing these boots are becoming a headache lol, I had another guy say he wears the same size in DB and Indy's. So now I'm not sure if I should go 8.5D or 8D.

If you can, go to a shoe store and measure your foot on the brannock size devices. If you're an 8.5 there, you will be an 8 in Indys

purg3

slept with Malkin
if it makes you feel better, sizing angst is a normal part of men's fashion.

Normally I wouldn't care as much, but this will be the first $500+ pair of shoes I've purchased. Also these seem all over the place size wise from what I've been looking at. Would be so much easier if there was a store in my area that has these to try on. Worse case scenario I can just exchange them since I'm going to get them from J.Crew and they are really good with that kind of stuff.

Alucrid

Banned
Normally I wouldn't care as much, but this will be the first $500+ pair of shoes I've purchased. Also these seem all over the place size wise from what I've been looking at. Would be so much easier if there was a store in my area that has these to try on. Worse case scenario I can just exchange them since I'm going to get them from J.Crew and they are really good with that kind of stuff.

nephew, wear only in good health

if it makes you feel better, its 2015, and anyone selling alden indy's at this point will be totally familiar and accommodating of your sizing angst. it's practically expected, like weird questions about chromexel and welts.

Top Bottom