• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

NinjaBoiX

Thanks guys, probably gonna grab one of these three instead. Unless someone has any suggestions for other high quality outerwear.
OK these are much better!

Not too sure about the white one, I dunno, looks a bit showy to me personally, plus it'll be a nightmare to keep clean.

The middle one with the fur collar is quite nice, but I'm not really a fan of the fur look, I find it quite feminine.

I'd go with the blue one at the bottom, it's the coolest one IMO and I love dark blue.

giga

Gustin just put out an "italian sea blue" selvedge.

156_sitting.jpg

156_patch.jpg

Good god

ijOsATCoGJhel.gif

LProtag

I went to J Crew and the J Crew Factory outlet store for the first time.

I got some sweaters for some great prices and almost bought a sports jacket. What do you guys think of the Thompson line at the Factory store? They're 50% off and an additional 40% off online and it's really tempting to get a jacket or possibly a full suit...

if they fit you well, go for it. they have good fabric for the price.

sortaedit: I assume the factory store is just end rolls of the fabric they normally use and not some sort of shitty lower tier. even then, at a certain pricepoint, fit > *, and they're what, $250 a suit?

CFMOORE!

I went to J Crew and the J Crew Factory outlet store for the first time.

I got some sweaters for some great prices and almost bought a sports jacket. What do you guys think of the Thompson line at the Factory store? They're 50% off and an additional 40% off online and it's really tempting to get a jacket or possibly a full suit...

when you buy at that discount, you're getting something solid for the price. it will require probably another $75 in tailoring from a great tailor, who will turn it into a very nicely fit suit. i know this because i recently experimented with a tweed suit from them. was interested in their quality and fit. material wise it is good, just fit is meh. you will need the waist on the jacket taken in a lot, pants will need to be slimmed down quite a bit too. these all depend on your body type and preferences, but it will probably still need to be done.

LProtag

I'm thinking about maybe just getting a sports coat. I don't have much of a need for a full suit at the moment, to be honest.

Zabuza

Banned
Thank you for all the outerwear help guys! There are many excellent options, and I will likely end up with two.

Hopefully I will be back in a week with my choices ordered.

Decided to splurge on a new card case (finally) and picked up a scarf while I was at it, as both were on sale. The card case itself is sold out online, but at the San Francisco store, they had 1 more left so I finally pulled the trigger:
9CF8B4E8-22B4-4A6E-A315-0CC8DEB065B8_zpsqe2qidml.jpg

Picked up Uniqlo's new water resistant parka because it was also something else I had been putting off over the year until now:
7F79326B-876F-478D-A892-45862C643AB1_zpsucowr5te.jpg

Debating on picking-up another wallet (a billfold this time) actually...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
...it's available in three different fits
Condemned to regular fit because my legs are strong? I may even have to get a waist 1" too big in order to get the proper thigh because I am slim aside from my muscle. Guess I'm stuck with my Levi slims that have some elastic. No nice jeans for me. :p

NinjaBoiX

Gustin just put out an "italian sea blue" selvedge.

156_sitting.jpg

156_patch.jpg
Oh wow, that really is a gorgeous colour. The price is good too, but I'm not sure how much that would be the case after international shipping!

Nice business model though, very innovative for a clothing brand.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Check out the Momotaro 0605.
I'm not quite that beefy... yet. However, their JB0412 seems good because I have a 22" thigh resting (if I'm cycling that changes, but cycling and fashion are a difficult dance). I'd still rather have a slim straight rather than full taper since my feet are wide size and so my naturally bigger shoes look kinda dumb with pants too narrow. I have Levi 513 slim straights that look good (aside from grabbing fuzz easily) in that respect (I got 4 colors) and feel fuckin awesome with the elastic, but they'll never fulfill the true denim role. 501 STF have a more classic look, but it's such an american iconic/cowboyish/greaser look that you don't want it for everything. That's why I like those gustin jeans, as they do indeed have a more Italian swing to them. Japanese Selvedge is a beautiful thing to it's own right, but my tastes are generally more business modern/euro than urban. I can take things to my humble native midwestern/heartland kind of style, but I'm just not street, so I don't know how well I'd work them with the rest of my wardrobe and personal expressive style.

Currently house-sitting for my aunt and uncle, so NYE is going to be very low-key.

Right now, since I'm a work, I'm just in jeans and a sweater so dinner will probably find me wearing my work clothes. Once back a the house, probably just my pajama bottoms and a thermal shirt.

Top Bottom