• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

BadTaste

My dad bought me a leather jacket, I don't know if I like it, I don't usually wear leather jackets. It cost him £250 ($389). I haven't told him how I feel about it as I thought I might grow into liking it. I may come across as ungrateful but at the end of the day it might be something I'll never wear just from taste. Sorry about the terrible image quality. inb4 name quote.

0fgO8xt.jpg

overcast

There was an extra 10% off coupon at thecorner. Got the coolest shoes I've bought for less than 140 after tax. Please God fit well.
tumblr_mu767hTwlv1qckhe2o1_500.gif

CatPee

Nothing ridiculously priced. Sub $50 if I have to put a limit.

J. Crew Factory's offerings are pretty decent. They run a 30% off code every once in a while, which is when I've bought mine. For ~$7, they've held up through a lot of washes and still maintained their fit.

Anybody have opinions on Levi's 511? I'm trying to decide between Muse and the Line 8 Black Indigo 3D rinse..

Trying to get pics..on mobile

http://m.levi.com/products/35515866?

http://m.levi.com/products/21467516?

Not familiar with what the line 8 means..

Line 8 basically just has the stitching in the same color as the denim and a black branding patch for a more monochromatic look.

Anyone think this jacket is nice?
http://www.barneys.com/on/demandwar...ow?pid=503461392&cgid=mens-outerwear&index=34

I was eyeing it at $1000 and its been half price since last week.

I really need a jacket but want something in the ~$500 price range, not wool, over the waist length but not to the knees, and want it to be stylish in terms of pockets, contours, etc, but also want it sort of loose fitting.

This black label jacket looks like a tight fit.

LProtag

I got some ties from the Tie Bar. I needed to expand my selection.

Got some cash too. Might hit up Brooks Brothers as I haven't been there before and apparently their boys clothing good quality (I'm 5'5" and it's hard to find stuff that fits in terms of overall length and sleeve length...).

What type of cotton is this polo? Would it be considered slub cotton?

Weisz+Craig+%25286%2529.jpg

I own a navy and white color from j crew that I bought years ago, but it feels different than other cotton polos. It feels better fitted and almost silky like feeling that feels better.

I would like to order more. Thanks.

Deadly

Tips on matching ties and shirts? Really need to buy some ties but I really don't know how to match properly. White, black, grey, sky and dark blue shirts if it helps...

obin_gam

Tips on matching ties and shirts? Really need to buy some ties but I really don't know how to match properly. White, black, grey, sky and dark blue shirts if it helps...

From what I've heard, it's basically: make sure the tie is always darker than the shirt.

But I've had a black shirt and a khaki tie which looke quite good as well so don't trust me.

What type of cotton is this polo? Would it be considered slub cotton?

Weisz+Craig+%25286%2529.jpg

I own a navy and white color from j crew that I bought years ago, but it feels different than other cotton polos. It feels better fitted and almost silky like feeling that feels better.

I would like to order more. Thanks.

That's a damn great looking couple.

I wear medium in polos. I'm 6'1 and a little over 170, and I bought a large, yet it was too big. Even when I washed it the polo was still big. I don't like sleeves that are long and hang near my elbow.

My dad bought me a leather jacket, I don't know if I like it, I don't usually wear leather jackets. It cost him £250 ($389). I haven't told him how I feel about it as I thought I might grow into liking it. I may come across as ungrateful but at the end of the day it might be something I'll never wear just from taste. Sorry about the terrible image quality. inb4 name quote.

I think it looks great.

Top Bottom