• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

f0rk

I need some new smart clothes. Anyone know the best places (preferably in the UK, but am open to ordering elsewhere if international shipping is available) that does good skinny or very slim-fitting suits?

I'm built quite skinny and I'm not particularly tall. I can probably answer my own question by just saying "get a tailored suit", but the only place I know without resorting to that is Top Man. I'm currently rocking skinny fit Next trousers and Asos skinny fit jackets, but a 'skinny fit' on me is equivalent to a 'slim fit' on an average guy...

I got some slick Paul Smith dress shoes from the GF for Christmas and want to spruce up the rest of my image for work.

I'm skinny as well and my best fitting suit is from Moss Bros

CatPee

I'm in Pittsburgh, it's a good school and a cool area.

Pics? I've been thinking about getting one since I can get a pretty good deal. Not sure about the fit though. What color did you get the Olive or Blue?

I got the navy in S, since Haberdash was sold out of S olive by the time I got around to buying :(. Don't have any pics on hand at the moment, but my measurements are:

5'8", 17.5" shoulders (44" circumference), 37" chest, 29" waist, 24.5" shoulder to wrist

It's pretty slim-fitting, so size up if you plan on layering a lot or if your shoulders are really broad. Layered with a shirt + midweight sweatshirt, it's very slightly snug on my upper back/shoulder area. Nothing movement-impeding, but there could be a little more room, which can be fixed by letting out the back a tiny bit. At the waist, it would be a little too big on its own, but with layering, the extra room gets used up by a fair amount. I could probably get it taken in by an inch-ish if I wanted a more fitted look, but it's not necessary and looks good as is. Sleeves are about half an inch too long on me, but everything size S that I get is slightly long in the sleeves so it's probably just a personal issue. Length fits exactly like this, which is perfect.

tl;dr It's a very fitted jacket with a sleek silhouette, so buy it if that's what you're looking for and you have a fairly straight or tapered body.

Chuck

Still without luck
I really need some sturdy, easy to clean, but also cute work boots. Any suggestions? I'm a server so they don't need to be heavy duty or anything, just well made and long lasting.

And comfortable!

NinjaBoiX

Cute work boots sounds like an oxymoron.

I'm imagining bricklayers rocking fluffy steel capped Ugg boots with pom-poms hanging off the side.

(I have no idea what you mean.)

CFMOORE!

MZtVB9G.jpg

speaking of bags, i noticed that Navali had some stuff cheap last weekend so i jumped in on a natural canvas Mainstay messenger that for some reason was deep discounted for 35 bucks. After i ordered, it shot back up to 130 and now its down to 50.

I recieved it today - real impressed with the construction. thick canvas, insanely thick woven strap that is so thick that it feels like its padded, nice sturdy heavy zips.

There's just one problem - it's too goddamned small. they say it will fit a 13" laptop, but i dont see how. the pocket looks too small. I tried to fit my 15" work lenovo into the main compartment (as suggested on some yt videos and forum posts) and it very nearly doesn't fit and there's no room for ANYTHING else, hah.

All in all, I am really pleased with all this for 35 bucks but it doesn't do the one thing it's supposed to do. It will be a perfect bag for toting around my Surface pro, though.

0CeFiAf.jpg

Start a new job this week, always looking to throw another bag in the rotation. Picked this up. Thanks for the heads up.

after looking through the newest collection, i honestly don't know why dior homme still exists anymore, much less why kris van asche is still employed there.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I got the navy in S, since Haberdash was sold out of S olive by the time I got around to buying :(. Don't have any pics on hand at the moment, but my measurements are:

5'8", 17.5" shoulders (44" circumference), 37" chest, 29" waist, 24.5" shoulder to wrist

It's pretty slim-fitting, so size up if you plan on layering a lot or if your shoulders are really broad. Layered with a shirt + midweight sweatshirt, it's very slightly snug on my upper back/shoulder area. Nothing movement-impeding, but there could be a little more room, which can be fixed by letting out the back a tiny bit. At the waist, it would be a little too big on its own, but with layering, the extra room gets used up by a fair amount. I could probably get it taken in by an inch-ish if I wanted a more fitted look, but it's not necessary and looks good as is. Sleeves are about half an inch too long on me, but everything size S that I get is slightly long in the sleeves so it's probably just a personal issue. Length fits exactly like this, which is perfect.

tl;dr It's a very fitted jacket with a sleek silhouette, so buy it if that's what you're looking for and you have a fairly straight or tapered body.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'm about the same measurements as you, just an inch shorter in height and waist is about 2" bigger. I knew it was fairly slim fit which is why I wanted it over other Barbour jackets, so it looks like a small would work out fairly well.

MegalonJJ

Banned
I need some new smart clothes. Anyone know the best places (preferably in the UK, but am open to ordering elsewhere if international shipping is available) that does good skinny or very slim-fitting suits?

I'm built quite skinny and I'm not particularly tall. I can probably answer my own question by just saying "get a tailored suit", but the only place I know without resorting to that is Top Man. I'm currently rocking skinny fit Next trousers and Asos skinny fit jackets, but a 'skinny fit' on me is equivalent to a 'slim fit' on an average guy...

I got some slick Paul Smith dress shoes from the GF for Christmas and want to spruce up the rest of my image for work.

Top Man? Next? Asos?

Breh, I suggest you get down to Gieves and Hawkes and get yourself fitted up for a three piece in 12oz charcoal flannel for this time of year and a tropical 9oz black and white glen plaid for the summer months.

who cares, today is slp day!

seriously. i'm on an airplane, gogo is on, nowfashion is up, and i'm ready.

i have a very good feeling about this collection. my insider told me it was "dark bowie" and it's inspired by french indie rock artists. i believe the collection is called "paris sessions".

purg3

slept with Malkin
Iron Rangers post oil. Goal is to work these wrinkles out.

looking good, although I prefer the wrinkles and what not when it comes to work boots like those. Personally, the more beat up and the more imperfections, the better. Are those the Amber harness or Copper?

Prozel

Any sales in Europe with Marcelo Burlon tee's in stock? I've checked END, Antonioli and luisaviaroma and there are some but looking to broaden my view a bit.

CFMOORE!

Anyone know if Gustin is actually quality? They have a few things I'm interested in.

got three pair and they seem pretty indestructible. i am usually not into the whole don't wash your jeans thing, but with them i just hang them up in my backyard and let the cool pacific ocean breeze take out any scents that might deposit on them.

Lotto

Anyone know if Gustin is actually quality? They have a few things I'm interested in.

I have a pair of BlackxBlack Italy raws I can't fit in. I'm trying to gain weight so I can fit in them. They're good for what you pay for, moreso than these APC's (albeit I got a good discount on them so I'm actually pretty happy with them).

NinjaBoiX

got three pair and they seem pretty indestructible. i am usually not into the whole don't wash your jeans thing, but with them i just hang them up in my backyard and let the cool pacific ocean breeze take out any scents that might deposit on them.
I must admit, I was always against the practice of not washing jeans regularly, but I've yet to wash my Filippa K indigo's. They're just such a lush, shiny hue and the material is still stiff yet is developing creases in all the right places, I don't want to ruin them!

My girlfriend very nearly washed them last weekend (she washes absolutely everything after one wear, she's a bit mental), I found them in the washing basket and just quietly sneaked them back upstairs, haha.

overcast

I have a pair of BlackxBlack Italy raws I can't fit in. I'm trying to gain weight so I can fit in them. They're good for what you pay for, moreso than these APC's (albeit I got a good discount on them so I'm actually pretty happy with them).
I see. Thanks for the responses as always friends.

What do you guys think of this shirt? A bit plain, but I need another button up and this one is a decent price.

purg3

slept with Malkin
You don't have to wash jeans after each wear but washing them doesn't ruin them

gotta get them sick fades bro.

I have a pair of japanese selvedge that haven't been washed in a year now. I normally just soak mine in a tub with a little bit of woolite dark if they get too nasty or start to smell.

Anyone familiar with Goosecraft? I like this jacket:

More pics here: http://goosecraft.nl/men/jacket098-rustic-brown?filter=3,9
I don't know anything about them, but googling a bit and looking at detailed images they seem to be well put together. I'm not so sure about the jacket you posted, the stitching up the chest seems distracting and unnecessary on a standard moto of that type

I could use a new jacket. I've always fancied the jackets with the off-center zippers.

Any suggestions?

I much prefer an old school classic look. I just don't get the new wave stuff...
by off center zip you mean like a perfecto moto jacket?

Any sales in Europe with Marcelo Burlon tee's in stock? I've checked END, Antonioli and luisaviaroma and there are some but looking to broaden my view a bit.
you listed pretty much everywhere I would look. have you tried farfetch?

I see. Thanks for the responses as always friends.

What do you guys think of this shirt? A bit plain, but I need another button up and this one is a decent price.
where is this from? I like it.

Someone give me a reason why I shouldn't buy these Buttero Taninos (aside from the price).
no

Yo this weather is good and bad.

Hasn't really been that cold and not as much rain as usual, which is good.

But I can't wear all the cool cold weather shit.

:(

Vancouver is the greatest city, regardless.

Antagon

If someone is interested in getting something from SuitSupply, the outlet is open: www.suitsupply.com/outlet

Code: BETHEFIRST

Not just fall/winter stuff, there's quite a few summer sportscoats in there as well.

Not sure if it works for you guys though, as I'm in the Netherlands.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I don't know anything about them, but googling a bit and looking at detailed images they seem to be well put together. I'm not so sure about the jacket you posted, the stitching up the chest seems distracting and unnecessary on a standard moto of that type

Thanks for the input! I haven't owned a leather jacket before so still looking into the brands and models right now. I stumbled upon this brand recently when they had a pop-up display of sorts in a department store here.

Are there specific brands you'd recommend me looking into for a jacket like this?

The Gustin talk reminds me I really want to grab the Fryes sneakers they have in a lot of their photos

Edit: How low do Gitman Vintage shirts go during a good sale? They seem to be 35% off everywhere right now but that's still 135 a pop. That flash sale has ruined my perception.

Top Bottom