• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Thanks for the input! I haven't owned a leather jacket before so still looking into the brands and models right now. I stumbled upon this brand recently when they had a pop-up display of sorts in a department store here.

Are there specific brands you'd recommend me looking into for a jacket like this?
dunno where you live or how much you want to spend but generally what I look for in a leather jacket is a supple hand and stitching that is tight and doesn't leave the seams puffy (express has a leather jacket that is good example of this). and of course fit. I prefer simple stuff to excess stitching and whatnot, but that's a preference.

I will say if you want a slightly unusual color, I'd go with navy blue or olive in place of red. imo etc.

h3ro

vFKVdxW.png

7IAjtIP.gif

:(

I wanted to buy all the Washington Fit suits.

All of them.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
dunno where you live or how much you want to spend but generally what I look for in a leather jacket is a supple hand and stitching that is tight and doesn't leave the seams puffy (express has a leather jacket that is good example of this). and of course fit. I prefer simple stuff to excess stitching and whatnot, but that's a preference.

I will say if you want a slightly unusual color, I'd go with navy blue or olive in place of red. imo etc.

Live in the Netherlands. Think anything above $500 I'd not feel to comfortable wearing anymore :).

they strike a nice balance between fit, style, and price. they're also one of the few brands out there doing traditional and interesting black tie, so i give them points for that alone.
Live in the Netherlands. Think anything above $500 I'd not feel to comfortable wearing anymore :).
Nothing comes to mind immediately (US dude here), but hit up some nicer dept stores and you should have a few options as we're in final sales season. Also Antagon could probably help find some good non-American clothing options for you >:{

re: goosecraft, the gallery062 and biker 907 look nice to me.

Lotto

Looking to pick up some simple oxfords. No cap toe. Something in the line of Rachel Comey Uncle Dan/Derringer or Opening Ceremony oxfords, but I can't seem to find anything in my size. I've been lurking grailed and sufu/styleforum and ebay for so long looking for something to show up but I'm beginning to think it's useless. So now I come to GAF for some assistance! I usually wear a size 7-8 US, 39/40 EU. Can anyone point me to any similar stylings in my size? Looking for something around $200 or less. Not really in a rush to get em but I'm just trying to expand my search so I can maybe snag a deal.

reference pics for what i'm looking for:

Enron

Banned
Need new shoes for work and thinking of getting these boots:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IM52WK6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

What do you guys think? Should I go for Clarks or Cole Haan?
I've been buying Clarks for years and have a great experience with them. But looking at Cole Haan shoes, they kinda look a bit nicer.

Neither. Nothing but bad experiences with non-Desert Boot Clarks. Would skip Cole Haan entirely. Can find much better for your 150-200 bucks.

overcast

How much money do you guys spend every year on fashion and clothes and fashion-related stuff?
Shit. Uh. Last year on shoes alone I was hitting 400, but that was the most Ive ever spent on shoes for sure.

So last year around 650-700 total? No idea. 2014 was my most expensive year. So far in 2015, 28 dollars.

Thoughts?

I really like that style.

How much money do you guys spend every year on fashion and clothes and fashion-related stuff?

I like to buy one nice bespoke piece a year. Last year I spent a few thousand on a casentino bespoke overcoat, and will most likely spend the same amount again next winter. So far this year I have spend $1000 on a pair of shoes

I am currently living in Seoul, but will be going back to London for a week in May and will drop around several thousand on clothes. Around $1500 in Crockett and Jones, and another $1500 on a Burberry Westminster trench. The rest will be on Suit Supply, as I really want to check them out, and on ties.

I also plan to pick up a Francesco Maglia umbrella, which is around $300, next month. And a couple of bespoke suits at around $2000 each

So this year my budget will be between $10-13k, but then I will be pretty happy with my wardrobe for the next few years, so will go back to just one bespoke piece a year. the rest will be just Uniqlo and a couple of decent Korean shops I know, but are pretty cheap.

last year, i spent about $400 on shoes as well. probably $700 total. eyeing some black cp achilles at the moment.

also in the market for some new pants. black, not necessarily denim, slim fitting. recs?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
also in the market for some new pants. black, not necessarily denim, slim fitting. recs?

I'm probably low-balling your brand taste, given that shoe budget, but I picked up some skinny black chinos from Zara in December that I've come to prefer even over my jeans most of the time.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I think so, yes. There's a small amount of stretch to them, as well. Only one length so you may need to get them tailored; I just cuff 'em.

So I had my SuitSupply fitting today for a MTM suit. It's not truly MTM but there were 70 or so points where they can make adjustments/measurements.

I went for a navy blue all season wool. Kept it relatively simple, notch lapel, flap pockets (no ticket), simple lining. A few quirks with the piping, slighter different shade on the sleeve buttons, turnup trousers and monogram. Also went for side adjusters rather than belt loops.

Enjoyable experience for my first time doing something relatively bespoke. Spent ages picking out buttons for instance, I kept wanting to go for something more out there but kept reigning myself back in because I wanted this first one to be well balanced and versatile.

About a months wait for delivery at which point I'll have a second fitting. It's costed by material only, mines came in at £500 which was well below what I expected as I usually end up paying £400 for their OTR stuff with adjustments. Not one of the higher standard materials by any means, some of the cashmere stuff was so soft I just wanted to rub my face all over it.

Anyway, if you're looking for something simple with a personal touch for not too much money it seems a good bet. I'll post pictures when I get it!

purg3

slept with Malkin
Last year I spent probably close to $700 on shoes. I also picked up 2 suits and a new winter jacket. That was easily the most I've ever spent on clothing items in one year. This year I dropped $525 on a pair of Alden Indy's so far along with a pair of suede boots from Jcrew on clearance for like $40. Just need a new pair of sneakers for spring/summer and I'm done with shoes for a while I think. The only other purchase I've been eying up for this year is a Barbour Commander jacket and maybe a pair of rogue territory jeans, but my unbranded's are holding up well and finally starting to look good.

So I had my SuitSupply fitting today for a MTM suit. It's not truly MTM but there were 70 or so points where they can make adjustments/measurements.

I went for a navy blue all season wool. Kept it relatively simple, notch lapel, flap pockets (no ticket), simple lining. A few quirks with the piping, slighter different shade on the sleeve buttons, turnup trousers and monogram. Also went for side adjusters rather than belt loops.

Enjoyable experience for my first time doing something relatively bespoke. Spent ages picking out buttons for instance, I kept wanting to go for something more out there but kept reigning myself back in because I wanted this first one to be well balanced and versatile.

About a months wait for delivery at which point I'll have a second fitting. It's costed by material only, mines came in at £500 which was well below what I expected as I usually end up paying £400 for their OTR stuff with adjustments. Not one of the higher standard materials by any means, some of the cashmere stuff was so soft I just wanted to rub my face all over it.

Anyway, if you're looking for something simple with a personal touch for not too much money it seems a good bet. I'll post pictures when I get it!

I am really excited about trying out Suit Supply when I am back in London. For that price I might just get a MTM one and ask them to send it to me instead of getting a second fitting. Have you used SS for other suits? How are they?

Can you return suits that have been altered at Macy's?

I was in a wedding party a few weeks ago and had to get matching suits.

Unfortunately the suit is like ONE SHADE LIGHTER than my other suit. I just hate having it around.

I am really excited about trying out Suit Supply when I am back in London. For that price I might just get a MTM one and ask them to send it to me instead of getting a second fitting. Have you used SS for other suits? How are they?

Yeah I've bought a couple from them. I'm a fan - I've always found the service to be really good and it's good quality stuff for the price you're paying. I haven't tried anything in the La Spalla/Jort range which is the most premium but I imagine it's very very good. Got 2 suits from there worn regularly for over a year and they're still in great condition.

Top Bottom