• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Thoughts on the Persol 714?

persol-714-steve-mcqueen-sunglasses-5.jpg

Had a Gustin button up come in and the slim medium fits nice but there's just enough room to where I could maybe go for a small but given the wait time I can't take that risk

Going to start lifting weights soon though, so it's alright. People fitting into extra smalls just make me feel bad :p

Looking to pick up some simple oxfords. No cap toe. Something in the line of Rachel Comey Uncle Dan/Derringer or Opening Ceremony oxfords, but I can't seem to find anything in my size. I've been lurking grailed and sufu/styleforum and ebay for so long looking for something to show up but I'm beginning to think it's useless. So now I come to GAF for some assistance! I usually wear a size 7-8 US, 39/40 EU. Can anyone point me to any similar stylings in my size? Looking for something around $200 or less. Not really in a rush to get em but I'm just trying to expand my search so I can maybe snag a deal.

reference pics for what i'm looking for:

Loding, Bexley in first price
Maybe some loake or Carlos Santos, will try to find some link later today

Got a Norse Project Chino
10-03-2014_norseprojects_aroschino_mink9.jpg

and a pair of suede Chukka from Opening Ceremony.
43221_1.jpg

Hoping to catch some WTAPS goodness this week in Copenhagen or some last season Wood Wood stuff

That's Versace level of overcrowded design...

Really not my cup of tea, max i can do is Camo pattern but sometimes, i think i should indulge me with some floral stuff

I like the idea of men's couture, but those blazers are just.... ugh....
Honestly, if anyone has been doing men's couture lately, it's Saint Laurent. I've handled multiple pieces that retail for 15k-50k, and have an crazy level of craftsmanship and detail.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Any idea where I could find this jacket?

a4RiRTo.jpg

I'm really looking for a camo-patterned jacket for spring/late winter.

I like the idea of men's couture, but those blazers are just.... ugh....
Honestly, if anyone has been doing men's couture lately, it's Saint Laurent. I've handled multiple pieces that retail for 15k-50k, and have an crazy level of craftsmanship and detail.
well, this is 'alta sartoria', which aims to be so (hilariously) exclusive that you* have to correspond with them and book appointments through letters, everything is custom made to your whims (one male customer had have d&g rebuy the rights to a venetian mural that was on his wife's dress as he wanted it for a dinner jacket of his own.. oh and it was also hand painted onto the jacket), and you spend a few days being catered to in the most ridiculous fashion possible.

*you as in one of your many peons

well, this is 'alta sartoria', which aims to be so (hilariously) exclusive that you* have to correspond with them and book appointments through letters, everything is custom made to your whims (one male customer had have d&g rebuy the rights to a venetian mural that was on his wife's dress as he wanted it for a dinner jacket of his own.. oh and it was also hand painted onto the jacket), and you spend a few days being catered to in the most ridiculous fashion possible.

*you as in one of your many peons

How many Thom Browne suits could one buy for that cost?

the scary thing is prices aren't listed anywhere. that could very well be a 80-100k jacket up there, it looks like its dripping with pearls and crystals and shit.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I was thinking of getting this pair of Tretorn but I'm bummed out that I can't find a store that sells them. I'm not a fan of buying stuff online unless I try them on.

fwiw, I've had two pair of Tretorns - sneakers and a waterproof rain boot - and was very happy with both. Comfortable for lengthy periods of time and fit true to size. They generally have a more narrow design, so bear that in mind if you have wide feet.

bob page

I really screwed up in not buying some duck boots last winter when I had the chance. Any alternatives or places that still have some sort of variation in stock?

how do you guys feel about this coat?

480x721

i currently don't own a coat and have to just wear hoodies

Honestly? I think it looks tacky. Not to stereotype too harshly but it's only one step better than those werid ninja-esque hoodies you see neckbeards buying from dodgy asian websites.

I'd go with a navy peacoat if you need a coat. I personally have a tailored black peacoat that looks really good on me but I find black is too hard to wear, it's pretty seldom that the opportunity presents itself to actually use the damn thing. So I'd recommend navy or maybe grey.

Alternatively if you don't want something semi formal and just need something for cold weather consider a duffle coat in some sort of dark neutral (olive, navy etc).

dokish

Banned
Honestly? I think it looks tacky. Not to stereotype too harshly but it's only one step better than those werid ninja-esque hoodies you see neckbeards buying from dodgy asian websites.

What.

You typed all this because of the coat? How much hate there is inside of you?

I feel so bad for you.

Ninja hoodies from dodgy asian websites? wtf.

NeoGAF members have their own little world indeed.

giga

What.

I feel so bad for you.

I'm a little lost. Are you defending those asian jackets? Or the one posted here?

GODDAMMIT, SCAROSSA SOLD OUT OF THE JODHPUR BOOTS I WANTED FUCK

throwing-computer-gif.gif
Dunno worry, it's in their permanent collection I think, there is MTO in the worst case.

Got the white version of the t-shirt in fire sale in Copenhagen.

neighborhood-durable-work-tee-01.jpg

I think that I'm falling in love with this city but I might become a hypebeast before the end of the year.

What.

I feel so bad for you.

You know I'm not stereotyping all Asian websites I'm specifically saying it looks like those almost assassin's creed esque jackets people order.

Just being honest man it's better tell the truth than have someone walking around wearing that thing.

Edit: this sort of thing:
lVfj1vB

dokish

Banned
I saw the image.

I'm just failing to understand why something like this is being described as "ninja hoodies". How this resemble a hoodie? Assassin's Creed coat? (I never played so enlighten me)

Hugo-Boss-Overcoat-TGJ.jpg

tried this hermes shearling jacket on at the bellevue washington store.

two things:

a) its the nicest thing i've ever put on my body (sorry wife), much nicer than the shearling tom ford moto i fondled earlier that day. the grain was imperceptible, the skin was taught and elastic, ridiculously smooth. effortlessly comfortable. finished to perfection. as it should be, cuz

b)
it's 13 thousand dollars lol
. plus side, i got to sniff the new cuir d'ange fragrance and got a small sampler of various hermessence fragrances that I already had.

I saw the image.

I'm just failing to understand why something like this is being described as "ninja hoodies". How this resemble a hoodie? Assassin's Creed coat? (I never played so enlighten me)

Hugo-Boss-Overcoat-TGJ.jpg

That is nothing remotely like the coat we were talking about. One is an elegant simple overcoat and the other is an asymmetrical, double breastfed of centered zip coat with a vertical zip pocket on one side and a weirdly positioned flap pocket on the other side. So many different ideas going on.

Top Bottom